TEAM SHELBY FORUM

transporting parts

will be sending my car out this month.I understand from shelby rep some are having their removed parts sent ups/freight back home. my initial thought

is to have car shipped. go get it with trailer or fly out drive it home and have parts sent freight. what did you do?? about 1750 miles for me each way

thnx kyle :headspin:

will be sending my car out this month.I understand from shelby rep some are having their removed parts sent ups/freight back home. my initial thought

is to have car shipped. go get it with trailer or fly out drive it home and have parts sent freight. what did you do?? about 1750 miles for me each way

thnx kyle :headspin:

Kyle, your parts won't quite fit in the bed of a pick-up. I drove to Calif over Thanksgiving and picked up my parts and brought them back to Texas. I have a super crew and had to fold the seat up and load my tires in the back to make everything fit. I suggest getting a trailer to haul your car back if that is one of your options. You can pack some of the parts in the car and the rest in your truck. There is nothing like picking your car up at Shelby. A day you will always remember.

If you decide to drive the car and ship the parts, make you get insurance. Your wheels and tires may not show up. Nobody wants used mufflers and springs.

• 1 month later...
What all parts will there be to transport back? Tires and rims, shocks/struts, front chin spoiler, exhaust, anything else???? Speaking of exhaust.... how much of it gets replaced?? axle back only or cat back?

It is just the axle back. I hope they take good care of my Corsa axle backs because I'm going to put them back on when I get my car home. I like the sound of the Corsas better than the Borla exhaust.

It is just the axle back. I hope they take good care of my Corsa axle backs because I'm going to put them back on when I get my car home. I like the sound of the Corsas better than the Borla exhaust.

I was wondering about that. I was disappointed that they use the "quieter" mufflers in the package. I have the agressive on my 06 and love the sound it has. Guess I'll be getting a new set when I get it home.

I pulled my chin spoiler, and rocker panels before sending the car to Las Vegas, I will working with the trucking company on adding my tires, and hopefully the rest will fit in the car.

I was wondering about that. I was disappointed that they use the "quieter" mufflers in the package. I have the agressive on my 06 and love the sound it has. Guess I'll be getting a new set when I get it home.

I pulled my chin spoiler, and rocker panels before sending the car to Las Vegas, I will working with the trucking company on adding my tires, and hopefully the rest will fit in the car.

That is a heck of an idea. I had not considered removing parts before I shipped it off. Hmmmmmmm :idea: No need to ship it out there to only have it shipped back.

Archived