TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Got mine 8-2

sandyman

Congrats!! I see you trailered it home. This isn't going to be a garage queen, is it? These babies gotta be driven!

It's probably 70 miles from the dealership to my house. In between the two are probably 10,000 18 wheelers and dump trucks, plus gawkers and booger pickers and such. I felt I had to trailer it. When I got it home, we went out three times and flogged her just a bit. She will be driven but only on no rain days.

post-3640-1154626248_thumb.jpg

post-3640-1154626248_thumb.jpg

It's probably 70 miles from the dealership to my house. In between the two are probably 10,000 18 wheelers and dump trucks, plus gawkers and booger pickers and such. I felt I had to trailer it. When I got it home, we went out three times and flogged her just a bit. She will be driven but only on no rain days.

Aahh, that makes sense. My dealer is 3 hours away from my house through winding mountain roads. If mine shows up in the dead of winter, I'm probably going to trailer it home too...or work out some other delivery option.

Awesome car. :happy feet:

Glad to see you got your GT500, but disappointed to see you trailered it home. I can appreciate the reasons you posted for doing this, but 70 miles isn't that far. Your car, though, so enjoy it as you will.

Mine will be arriving at a dealership several states away and you can bet I'll be driving it all the way home (with a huge grin on my face) instead of trailering it. :shift:

Like that hood on the GT, where did you get it from?

Thanks It is the Cali Dream hood from RK sports. Fit and finish on mine was great.

As far as the drive home, we are under so much construction (Houston) that it was to dangerous to drive the Shelby home. If something would have happened, I might have gone fetal. :baby: Where I am in Sugar Land, I have plenty of back roads and rice fields to stretch her legs without dodging crap on the freeways.

Archived