TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Radio Mods

Ford Accessories shows add ons for the ford factory radios. These are:

1. Trip Tunes - for Ipod connectivity

2. Mobile Ease - for bluetooth cell phone connectivity

3. HD radio add-on

Does anyone have any experience with any of the accessories?

I actually have the HD radio kit with the ipod connection but have not installed it yet. It looks like just plugs right into the back of the radio and into the wiring harness. No wire to cut. Ipod connection is suppose to charge the ipod and show ipod info on the radio screen.

I really wanted to find info on the bluetooth kit. It is suppose to work the same way. Phone call comes though the radio. But I don't know if you can put both of the kits in at the same time or not. If it comes down to one or the other, I will go with the bluetooth kit. There is a version of the bluetoot kit with the same ipod connection also. I just can't stand shifting and having to talk on the phone at the same time. And if it wasn't a Ford Accessory that required anything other that just pluging it into the radio, I probably would not even consider it.

I actually have the HD radio kit with the ipod connection but have not installed it yet. It looks like just plugs right into the back of the radio and into the wiring harness. No wire to cut. Ipod connection is suppose to charge the ipod and show ipod info on the radio screen.

I really wanted to find info on the bluetooth kit. It is suppose to work the same way. Phone call comes though the radio. But I don't know if you can put both of the kits in at the same time or not. If it comes down to one or the other, I will go with the bluetooth kit. There is a version of the bluetoot kit with the same ipod connection also. I just can't stand shifting and having to talk on the phone at the same time. And if it wasn't a Ford Accessory that required anything other that just pluging it into the radio, I probably would not even consider it.

The Trip Tunes connection is not available for those that have navigation. Thats me! @@#%$

I've got the bluetooth install by the factory (with the factory nav). I'm not sure how it is hooked to the head unit, but the HD attaches into the antenna jack on the head unit. I don't think the bluetoth would hook up that way. I like the bluetooth setup, although it has it's moments. A couple times early on, I had to re-pair the phone with the car & sometimes the disconnect feature doesn't hang up right away especially if the person you're calling has call waiting. Here's a couple pictures of the unit. The Sync system would be a much cleaner install if it is available.

th_IMG_4557.jpg

th_IMG_4558.jpg

Ford Accessories shows add ons for the ford factory radios. These are:

1. Trip Tunes - for Ipod connectivity

2. Mobile Ease - for bluetooth cell phone connectivity

3. HD radio add-on

Does anyone have any experience with any of the accessories?

I bought TripTunes Advanced and installed it myself... pretty simple.

If you get it, be sure to get BOTH the kit AND the harness, two different part numbers.

It locks your iPod functionality, so you have to control it from the head unit, but it shows text on the radio, doesn't disable Sirius, and sounds perfect.

Jer

Pix below.

Pay no attention to the big plug in the power outlet here, that was an old cell phone adapter I used to have.

DSC00716.jpgDSC00719.jpgDSC00721.jpgDSC00728.jpg

DSC00716.jpg

DSC00719.jpg

DSC00721.jpg

DSC00728.jpg

Archived