TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sgt is entry level Shelby?

sudden

Guys,

I like to think of it as the affordable Shelby. It is the Shelby that takes you back to the memories of the Shelby's of the 60's , well balanced mustang. And for the younger or slightly younger in the crowd, a chance to own a Shelby without waiting 30 years.

This Shelby GT is the essence of the vintage, updated for today. There were many high powered performance cars that Carroll built over the years, the ones most remembered and loved is the well balanced one not the highest HP ones. ;)

Amy

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:hysterical:

Don't overlook all VW's...

I think you can take 'em in the turns though.

:hysterical2:

Now that's a mod that speaks to me! How do I get this? What is it? Whipple? Paxton? Can you gdt it in polished? What about a Shelby badge? I don't care I want this! Plus it has the added benefit of eliminating my rear spoiler decision!

Win all around!

-Jeff

Now that's a mod that speaks to me! How do I get this? What is it? Whipple? Paxton? Can you gdt it in polished? What about a Shelby badge? I don't care I want this! Plus it has the added benefit of eliminating my rear spoiler decision!

Win all around!

-Jeff

Jet engine.

Here's a how to... :hysterical:

lrg_jet_engine.jpg

I think we have the best deal for the money. If you back into Shelby history, the first GT350s were stock mustangs (minus a few parts) that were shipped to Shelby's shop and transformed into Shelbys. Sound familiar? The GT is a direct desendant of the original Shelby 350. Just as the GT500s are related to the original GT500s.

Yeah, it may not be worth a bunch of money, but just the same it is a piece of history repeated. :shift:

Guys,

I like to think of it as the affordable Shelby. It is the Shelby that takes you back to the memories of the Shelby's of the 60's , well balanced mustang. And for the younger or slightly younger in the crowd, a chance to own a Shelby without waiting 30 years.

This Shelby GT is the essence of the vintage, updated for today. There were many high powered performance cars that Carroll built over the years, the ones most remembered and loved is the well balanced one not the highest HP ones. ;)

Amy

Exactly! :yup:

Nuf said. :speedie:

When I accellerate off a corner at rpm in 2nd, grab 3rd and go...

It doesn't feel like a "settle for"

This car makes my heart beat nicely and turns a LOT of heads, especially mine. :headspin:

I find myself looking at the car in my garage when the weathers bad and I haven't driven it in a few days. :waiting:

Dan

I agree 100%

Going on 16 weeks now that mine has been in the garage (now with 3 feet of snow) CAN'T WAIT TO GET OUT THERE AND TURN SOME HEADS!!!!

Guys,

Amy

I couldn't agree more! I am very fortunate at age 36 to be able to drive and afford a REAL Shelby Mustang. Anyone who thinks that this car isn't the real deal, well your in the wrong place :D

well guys coming from a different shelby community i see this a little diffrently. in the shelby dodge world the top of the food chain are the numbered cars the cars that went to callifornia to shelbys shop to be modified. they arnt the fastest but they are the real shelby dodges so i guess what i am saying is that is the way i look at it with the new shelbys. i know this is going to rub some the wrong way and i in no way look down on the cs6s cs8s or the gt500s but in my eyes the gts are the real shelbys. they are numbered from sai and turned into what they are by them also so when i get the "why didnt you get the 500" i tell them i wanted the real shelby. again sorry all 500 owners that this offends but like i said i come from a community that values the cars that shelby had built at his shop. and incase you are wondering i feel the same about the old shelbys also after ford started building them they lost a lot of the mystic for me.

Guys,

Amy

Affordable is a polite way of putting it. I think the SGT is a BARGAIN when you consider all the add on parts, the time that goes into it. When I visited Shelby in Las Vegas they were about half way through the build of the 07 SGTs. Also, every SGT owner here knows what it is like to drive the SGT in terms of balance performace and then the cache of the Shelby Brand. Folks here in Utah ALWAYS think I am a GT500, and just the other day my Black SGT was confused as being the new GT500KR! I tell you... we SGT owners just got lucky that the dealers didn't get more ADM out of these cars. And if the concensus is that Shelby made too many in 07? Perhaps in a way, yes they might have. But six thousand cars is still much much less than the ten thousand GT500s. NOT saying that the GT500 is NOT valuable. They are and I would love to own one as well.... Just something to give some perspective as to the numbers built and the difference in the ADMs. Again- I think we got a lot of speciality car for the money.

I think it's just fantastic that we all get a second chance at the "Shelby Mustang Experiece". And nobody can say it better than Carroll himself- Nobody should live an ordinary life! Thats why I bought my Shelby Mustang... To live a life that is less ordinary! Shelby ownership is the key here folks, and we all agree on that point.

It wasn't money that swayed my decision either-I actually was leaning towards the GT500 until I saw a Shelby GT parked next to it and I actually was more drawn to the looks & stance of the SGT over the GT500 and the whole retro feel to it pulled me in---REALLY HARD. It was reminiscent of the unaffordable car of my dreams-a 60's vintage Shelby(that I wouldn't really be able to drive much). I don't really NEED 500 HP and in the grand scheme of things the price wasn't much different between the cars/insurance-I just wanted a Shelby I could enjoy with my son. (that being said, I still have my eye on that original 2007 GT500 I looked at--if only the dealer would budge on the ADM)

Dream,

My feelings exactly!

Dave

Low budget, entry level Shelby, Baby Shelby... really doesn't matter to me what anyone else thinks of it. Like most here I like 'em all. I really don't have the need for 500 HP although I do like the looks of the GT500. I went into the local Ford dealer just to check the prices on the Mustang Gt. I saw and liked the California Special. They also had a Rousch, stage whatever. I didn't care for the over the top looks of it. And then I saw the Shelby GT. Honestly, I didn't even know they were available. I knew when I saw it that I really wanted this car. After driving it, it was a done deal. Nothing rational or logical about it, a totally emotional purchase that I don't regret at all. I got a very good deal and every time I drive it I get this big grin that's lasted 2,000 miles so far. I can't park it and walk away without looking back at it. I don't think I would feel the same about the others. Like I said, they were all there on the showroom floor but this was the one that tripped my trigger. Thank you Carroll Shelby, Amy, Ford and everyone that made this possible. Yeah, and about 20 miles after signing the papers, the teenage sweetie standing in the moonroof of the stretch limo yelling "hey mister I love your car" didn't hurt a thing either. Made this 61 year old feel young again. Still stoked :happy feet:

Jim

Me too, I can't walk away from my car without turning my head to get one more look. Keeping a showroom shine on a black Shelby GT is easy when you see the big smiles, thumbs up, and people on the sidewalk turn their head to get a long look at the Shelby.

There isn't a day I don't smile when I get in my car. I love it, I love to drive it, and I love to see the looks I get. Most folks will never get see, or even touch a Shelby, but mine they can see. It is really hard to explain, just what I feel when I crank it up every morning. I thank Mr. Shelby everyday, for making this car. It is not about speed, it is not about money, it is about having a Shelby. I never could afford one when I was growing up, so this was my way or remembering what I always wanted. I remember when they use to rent the old Shelbys', just take the engines out to race them on the weekends, and then put them back in to turn in the rental car. This is nothing but a dream to drive this car, it is mine, and I love it! I bought it to drive, and that is what I will do!

You know, when I bought my SGT, I was actually looking for a new Mustang GT to modify a little.

I wanted a black GT/CS because it had the different front bumper and side scoops. Every one I looked at had the 2 tone light gray/dark gray interior. I didn't like that. I also was planning to add a CAI, exhaust, lower it and maybe some wheels. I was at a Ford dealer to look at yet another GT/CS when I spotted the SGT in the showroom. I had never even done any research on any Shelby at all. I knew what the GT500 was and knew that I wasn't even remotely interested in spending that kind of money. Didn't know the SGT even existed. When I saw it, I asked the sales guy "what is that? That's exactly what I am looking for". He said "that's the Shelby GT350" I wasn't big on the stripes, but they have since grown on me.

The fact that this is a Shelby was secondary to the fact that it was EXACTLY what I had pictured in my head.

I don't believe I settled for anything. I got one of the best cars Ford has sold in quite a while.

You know, when I bought my SGT, I was actually looking for a new Mustang GT to modify a little.

I wanted a black GT/CS because it had the different front bumper and side scoops. Every one I looked at had the 2 tone light gray/dark gray interior. I didn't like that. I also was planning to add a CAI, exhaust, lower it and maybe some wheels. I was at a Ford dealer to look at yet another GT/CS when I spotted the SGT in the showroom. I had never even done any research on any Shelby at all. I knew what the GT500 was and knew that I wasn't even remotely interested in spending that kind of money. Didn't know the SGT even existed. When I saw it, I asked the sales guy "what is that? That's exactly what I am looking for". He said "that's the Shelby GT350" I wasn't big on the stripes, but they have since grown on me.

The fact that this is a Shelby was secondary to the fact that it was EXACTLY what I had pictured in my head.

I don't believe I settled for anything. I got one of the best cars Ford has sold in quite a while.

Sounds pretty much like my experience Rnoogle. If the CS had solid black or grey interior I probably would have bought one without even knowing the SGT even existed. I guess I should be thankful for the 2 tone interior. I think Ford really is missing out on some sales by not advertising the Shelby GT. In reality I guess I'm glad they don't though. Not seeing yourself coming and going is one of the best parts about owning one.

I see the SGT as an everyday driver, and a nice one at that! Are you going to need 500 hp to get groceries or drive to work everyday? Makes no sense to me. Personally, my wife and I have gotten used to driving 1 car, so our secnd car is classified as a "toy", hence the GT500.

Hope to see all types of people and cars in Tulsa this june!

I see the SGT as an everyday driver, and a nice one at that! Are you going to need 500 hp to get groceries or drive to work everyday? Makes no sense to me. Personally, my wife and I have gotten used to driving 1 car, so our secnd car is classified as a "toy", hence the GT500.

Hope to see all types of people and cars in Tulsa this june!

I would really like to see this topic go away as it's topic is appealing to check out and even respond which won't make it go away. It's retarded.

This is the way I see it...This is the only daily driver Shelby ever made which makes it unique even among Shelby's. Not many people can afford to daily-drive any other Shelby ever made(Ford Shelby :))....and just wait a few years down the road and I think we'll see the value increase at a much higher rate than other modern stangs.

• 1 month later...
I never thought about it the way you decribed. I went looking for a "V8" Mustang. I first thought color and the interior, were my main goal. I took a glance at the GT500 in the showroom floor. It was beautiful. But, I live in a area that I did not think I would be using a supercharged car very much. I wanted a car that can offer better gas milage, and is unique enough that I can be a little seperated from the rest of the beautiful mustangs that I see.

The salesman showed me the Shelby GT after I test drove a Roush stage II. I fell in love with it the second I saw it. It truely wasnt the money that made or swayed my decision. It was truely the car and package it offered. So I suppose I never thought of it being the low end Shelby. I add things to my car in my garage, and it makes me happy. I think that is the main reason I purchased my car, was just my happiness it brought me. Plus it does look sweet.

Good topic though.

I could not have said it any better :hysterical:

I could not have said it any better :hysterical:

I like most all mustangs.I could have bought any new mustang i wanted and i did 08 SGT.Looked at 08 GT500 and 08 SGT side by side today only $5,500.00 deference between them.The SGT is just a sharper car to me.Don't get me wrong if i had the money i would have got both.Maybe one day.

Archived