TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hypercoated -vs- Anthracite Bullit rims

I am begining the process of shoping for new rims for my 2001 silver Mustang GT. I have been swaping off my winter tires and summer tires on and off my stock silver bullit rims, and have decided to purchase another set of rims, since it's time to replace the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3 245/45-17s with a new set of rubber. (most likely going with 275/40-17s, since it's my daily driver, and regular rotation is probably a good thing)

I love the look of the 5 spoke stock bullit rims, and have a set of chrome Torque Thurst Ms on my 67 fastback (dark blue). Since the 2001 is my daily driver, I think chrome rims would be too high maintenance living in PA. Also, I tend to like chrome on darker color cars.

I've seen black bullit rims on a silver GT just like mine, looks GREAT, but looks a little too "sinister" for a daily driver, and someone in their early 40s. :)

I have been heavily considering the Hypercoated Bullits offered at American Muscle http://www.americanmuscle.com/hypercoated-...wheel-17x9.html or the Ameirican Racing Anthracite rims, which appear to be a little darker http://americanracing.com/wheels/details.a...&section=A#

If anyone has feedback on Hypercoated -vs- Anthracite, and especially if you have any pictures of them installed on a 99-04 Silver Mustang, I would greatly appreciate it!!

If you're looking for color contrast and something to hide the dirt that a daily driver accumulates, I'd go with the American Racing rims. They look a bit darker. And if the price difference is an issue, give Michael Morris (Wayne Morris Ford in Perry, GA - American Racing rim dealer and Team Shelby forum poster) a call. Tell him Kevin (aka Dig-It) sent you. He hooked me up with a great price on rims and tires for my SGT.

Sorry I don't have any pics of a silver '01 - but I've got plenty of a Laser Red '01 sporting the polished aluminum torq thrusts I bought from American Muscle.

• 9 months later...
Did You go for the hypercoated?

No, I went with the American Racing Anthracite. They are a little darker than the stock bullit rims, definetly a more glossy finish, which really stand out when everything is clean and the sun is shining. I haven't seen the American Muscle hypercoated rims in person, but the appear (in pictures) to be a bit more silver than gray. Since my GT is silver, I personally prefered the contrast.

Archived