TEAM SHELBY FORUM

UK Shelby owners

z1huggy

Drew - Welcome aboard! If You own a car, post some pics!

I'm not a UK member, but have spent about 7 1/2 years stationed there with the U.S.A.F.

Was just up the road from St. Ives at RAF Alconbury from '92-94. Loved that little base! Also been stationed at RAF Woodbridge (near Ipswich, but now closed) in '90-92, and RAF Mildenhall in '01-04 most recently. Would love to have my GT500 on one of the many tracks around the country!

I did a search through the "Arrival Forum", but did not come up with any hits for UK members. I thought I recalled some discussion about a delivery to the UK back in mid 2007, but not certain.

Hope You find some other "local" members, but if not, the rest of us are here for you.

Keith

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
The blue one (UK plate) that was in Top Gear is owned by Ford.

Welcome on this forum.

FMC UK came with a blue 2007 with white stripes at Le Mans Classic 2006

and a white 2008 with blue stripes in 2008. I wonder how guys in UK can register 2 cars with same plate number though.

post-19594-1233753205_thumb.jpg

post-19594-1233753236_thumb.jpg

post-19594-1233753205_thumb.jpg

post-19594-1233753236_thumb.jpg

• 10 months later...

Drew,

Hopefully might be driving a SS in the New Year....trying to sort a deal out as we speak with a 2008 Super Snake. Just need to sort out selling my Harley/ Saleen truck first....Not far from you up the A11 so maybe meet up in Spring.... :shift:

• 10 months later...

anyone on here in the UK? feeling lonely :headspin: haha

I did see a GT500 before at the MOCGG show at Capal Manor last year so I know there is 1 thats on the road. seem to be lots for sale via the many UK Mustang importers.

cheers

Drew

Hello Drew,

I'm a fellow Shelby owner here in the UK, I have a 2006 Shelby GT-Hertz and a 1968 GT500, my good friend Chris owns a 66GT350 carry-over car and we have just brought him a 2007 Shelby GT in white...you are not alone

• 1 year later...

European Shelby owners still here in small numbers...2006 Shelby GT-H now on sale with London based Aston Martin dealer, Nicolas Mee. This car is as good as it gets condition/history wise. I have purchased from American serviceman on a tour of duty at USAF Lakenheath his 2008 Vista Blue Shelby GT. Early build car in Vista Blue with 5-speed. Shelby has been upgraded with painted stripes, CS-69 wheels over 14inch/Brembo caliper Ford racing kit plus ducted cooling to brakes. Best upgrade was trim to Roush UK for a supercharger install...fantastic driving experience.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Mine has never been to the UK, but it has been to the Nurburgring!

The UK would be awesome...maybe the Goodwood Revival!

IMG_4221c-1.jpg

IMG_3624c-3.jpg

Shelby Brothers forever.................. :hi5: .

Just 3-1/2 years until the next jump over the pond........Shelby Run United Kingdom 2016 :yahoo:

shelby.jpg

We will see, guys. We will see. The 2012 was a major success.

Lord I sure hope so.

SRE 2012 was by far the best time I've ever had on vacation........best time on a track.......best time in my car. You name it, it was the best.

• 6 years later...

Archived