TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My baby is back in town!

mrfarmdog

Well... for those of you that were at the Vegas event you will be happy to know that my car arrived today via carrier back to Memphis. It was shipped on an external car hauler at the back of the truck so it got really dirty. It was a mix of emotions when I saw her. I was so happy but at the same time I was sad that I could not hop in and drive her.

The first order of business was to remove the 85th decals and wash her up. I needed to get the grime off her as she will be sitting for a while. We hope to have the engine out by Wednesday and then it will be another week or so to determine what the issue was at the track. I am prepared for the worst and have been making plans since I got back so the next few weeks will be very interesting. But all is good. I am so happy just to see her again so I can determine next steps and get moving! :rockon:

Well... for those of you that were at the Vegas event you will be happy to know that my car arrived today via carrier back to Memphis. It was shipped on an external car hauler at the back of the truck so it got really dirty. It was a mix of emotions when I saw her. I was so happy but at the same time I was sad that I could not hop in and drive her.

The first order of business was to remove the 85th decals and wash her up. I needed to get the grime off her as she will be sitting for a while. We hope to have the engine out by Wednesday and then it will be another week or so to determine what the issue was at the track. I am prepared for the worst and have been making plans since I got back so the next few weeks will be very interesting. But all is good. I am so happy just to see her again so I can determine next steps and get moving! :rockon:

:happy feet: :happy feet: Glad your baby is back and good luck. I hope for the best for you. Keep us posted!!! :)

Good news John, keep us posted on project Pheonix :speedie:

• 3 weeks later...
:waiting: ..............................

No update still. My engine is in the shop and I am waiting patiently for my turn. I hope to have more info this week. I was told ahead of time that it would be like this so I am sitting tight. More news will come when I have news to share.

Also I want to say thanks to everybody that has reached out to me. In some ways this is like having one of your children in ECU. Never the less I do sincerely appreciate everyone's interest.

John,

With the engine out it should be possible to lube the inputshaft and clutch hub with the teflon lube. Have the mech. clean those areas and lube em up good.

...a must.

Yes that is planned.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived