TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Future of All Things Ford / Mustang

Jesse_Bolt

Excellent, well constructed response, thanks Dan. It does make me wonder if SA might be tapped for future speciality Mustangs....hmmm... :unsure:

Yeah, seems pretty certain that's the intent, and makes a lot of sense... but for exactly what and when we'll just have to try to 'decipher' :)

< and this beats mowing the lawn right now! -- lol >

Yeah, seems pretty certain that's the intent, and makes a lot of sense... but for exactly what and when we'll just have to try to 'decipher' :)

< and this beats mowing the lawn right now! -- lol >

My guess would be GT350 variant would be the most logical choice....possibly with the same engine as the Boss (5.0L) but with different appearance and suspension settings.

This definitely beats yard work hands down!!! Besides my Mustang 'ciphering skills are far superior to my ability to make anything other than weeds grow in my yard!!

For me personally, my apple cart doesn't contain enough apples to afford either a GR-1 or a Z0-anything

Maybe for now my friend, but the hoped for Boss is going to be some outgrowth of Mustang, SVT and Ford performance. So the more serious that goes, the better the trickledown. Aim for the stars and if you fall short, you have still gotten above most of them.

For me personally, my apple cart doesn't contain enough apples to afford either a GR-1 or a Z0-anything

+1... but I still wanna see it happen -- I'm struggling with justifying any of the hi-po choices right now.

Maybe for now my friend, but the hoped for Boss is going to be some outgrowth of Mustang, SVT and Ford performance. So the more serious that goes, the better the trickledown. Aim for the stars and if you fall short, you have still gotten above most of them.

Ford is sure doing an admirable job of keeping actual Boss deatils under wraps. Can't wait to see... I was thinking it's like the GT500 a year ago... then they sneakily showed it 'unmarked' at SEMA months before the 'debut.' Hmmmm. All 3 domestics sharing the honors this year for the first time in SEMA history. Can only mean one thing: we'll be getting sneak-previews of a record number of goodies this fall! The war begins!

Absolutely agree!! I'd love to see Ford produce the GR-1 just because the car is stunning and could more than compete with the Z06 or Z07 StingRay. Of course I could win the lottery too!! :hysterical:

+1... but I still wanna see it happen -- I'm struggling with justifying any of the hi-po choices right now.

Ford is sure doing an admirable job of keeping actual Boss deatils under wraps. Can't wait to see... I was thinking it's like the GT500 a year ago... then they sneakily showed it 'unmarked' at SEMA months before the 'debut.' Hmmmm. All 3 domestics sharing the honors this year for the first time in SEMA history. Can only mean one thing: we'll be getting sneak-previews of a record number of goodies this fall! The war begins!

Definitely, I think we will see a definitive production concept during the up coming show season, can't wait!! :happy feet:

I would think the reason why details are so scare is that Ford doesn't want another Mustang model stealing the GT500's thunder.

Absolutely agree!! I'd love to see Ford produce the GR-1 just because the car is stunning and could more than compete with the Z06 or Z07 StingRay. Of course I could win the lottery too!! :hysterical:

Definitely, I think we will see a definitive production concept during the up coming show season, can't wait!! :happy feet:

I would think the reason why details are so scare is that Ford doesn't want another Mustang model stealing the GT500's thunder.

+1 ... I'll definately take more pix this year :) ....our daughter and 6mo old granddaughter live nearby :woohoo:

Archived