TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Thank You Michael Morris

avidShelby

As you can see this is my first post. I’ve been lurking since June 2007, trying to make up my mind whether or not to buy a SGT. In June 2006, I retired from the U.S. Army with 27 years of service and I thought I should buy myself a nice present to celebrate the occasion. The list of possible cars was long and changed frequently, sometimes daily! I continued researching, comparing, and exploring options until I drove my wife crazy. I did come very close to buying a SGT in July 2007, but I hesitated and someone else bought it. :banghead:

I finally saw a SGT being offered locally last week with the equipment I wanted. I called Michael for advice and he took time out of his busy day to help me plan my buying strategy and gave me a few pointers. Thanks to his advice, I’m now the proud owner of CSM07SGT5537! :headspin:

Thanks again Michael and I hope to one day meet you in person so I can shake your hand. I also need to mention Matt Newman, my salesman at Koons Sterling Ford. I expected an aggressive and adversarial negotiation, but was pleasantly surprised by his professionalism and product knowledge. Everything went smooth without any games or foolishness. :happy feet:

I appreciate the tips and information available on the forum—KEEP IT COMING…

Welcome to the forum, and thank's for your service to our country!

MM is a great guy, where else would you find an experianced car dealer to offer you help buying a car from a different dealer. There are many like MM on this forum that will help you in many ways with your car!

Don't be a stranger, post often.

Welcome, you are going to love the Shelby. Please post pic's when you can. What color and options did it have?

Congrats!!!!!!!

Aren't you folks tired of seeing pics of stock '07 SGTs? Tell ya what, once I make a change to it, and that'll probably be sometime this month, I'll post some pics. (Plus that gives me time to figure out how to post pics!) :hysterical2:

I hope you received your military discount. If not, and if still eligible, I hope you will go back to the dealer and ensure you receive the rebate..

Funny you bring that up... When I closed the deal, they told me I might be eligible as a military retiree, or maybe not. My salesman checked with two different sources and got two different answers.

I'll be waiting by my mailbox for a check from Ford, but I won't hold my breath...

Congratulations! Welcome to forum. You have the mod bug right away..................gotta love it!

Michael is truly a fantastic person and has gone way above and beyond everyone's expectations. It is becoming harder to find people like Michael.

Im glad I could help. I think everyone should have a Shelby!!! Even if you dont buy it from me. I sent an email to some higher ups at Ford a few weeks ago and tried to tell them that I dont only sell for my store, but anywhere there is a buyer that needs a Ford.

Congrats on the car and let me know if I can help you get anything for her.

And thanks everyone else for the kind words. I just treat folks like I want to be treated. Now that yall have said such nice things about me Im going to bed and sleeping like a baby ( wake up every 3 hours and cry :hysterical::hysterical: )

michael morris

I am one of the lucky few who backed away from "deals" with my local (uneducated and highly greedy) dealerships and gave him a call. #4990 came to NC by way of Perry, GA, and I'd work with him again in half a heartbeat (and not just on Shelbys; he'll hear from me again if I am looking at other Fords).

Thanks Stan and Congrats on the NEW baby boy. Your family is AWESOME. How about some picks on the new SHELBY fan!!!

michael morris

Congratulations! Welcome to forum. You have the mod bug right away..................gotta love it!

Michael is truly a fantastic person and has gone way above and beyond everyone's expectations. It is becoming harder to find people like Michael.

Avid,

Welcome and congratulations.

But someone (guess it is me) needs to warn you about Roger (rosssvt) and the mod bug. I got a chance to meet Roger in Las Vegas a month ago and to see his car. Roger does not have "the mod bug." He IS the mod bug. :hysterical: Now I might be stretching things just a little but there is a rumor that there are only 5% of the parts on Roger's car that are original -- everything else is a mod. Roger is so far into mods that some of us (that would be me) are having installed on our cars pieces of Roger's car that he does not need anymore (love the steering wheel, Roger). :D

Look forward to hearing from you regularly on the Forum. Although it has been said many times already, please add my thank you for all you and your family have given to our country. Words do not convey what we here on the Forum feel for those of you who have been, literally, the tip of the spear. Jim

+1000

How did you manage getting that mirror as an option?

Dan

I'm not sure if it meets the definition of "option", but while we were doing the paperwork I told my salesman I wanted the mirror. He checked with the service department and they suggested that an outside vendor do the install. Apparently they weren't comfortable doing it themselves. :waiting:

Matt handled all of the scheduling and paperwork and when I picked up the car last Thursday, I paid for the mirror separately at the service department. Bottom line is that the mirror was installed perfectly. :headspin:

Avid,

Welcome and congratulations.

But someone (guess it is me) needs to warn you about Roger (rosssvt) and the mod bug. I got a chance to meet Roger in Las Vegas a month ago and to see his car. Roger does not have "the mod bug." He IS the mod bug. :hysterical: Now I might be stretching things just a little but there is a rumor that there are only 5% of the parts on Roger's car that are original -- everything else is a mod. Roger is so far into mods that some of us (that would be me) are having installed on our cars pieces of Roger's car that he does not need anymore (love the steering wheel, Roger). :D

Look forward to hearing from you regularly on the Forum. Although it has been said many times already, please add my thank you for all you and your family have given to our country. Words do not convey what we here on the Forum feel for those of you who have been, literally, the tip of the spear. Jim

I'd like to thank all of you for your kind words. It means a great deal to me and to the millions of my brothers and sisters who have served and are currently serving that our sacrifices and the sacrifices of our loved ones are so deeply appreciated.

But before I start to get too emotional and sentimental, let's lighten things up and get out there and wantonly burn some non-renewable fossil fuel!!!

Michael, do they still have the discount for 2007 SGTs'?

yes, there is $2500 rebate or .9% for 60 months.

i just looked and there is a military discount of the 07s, but you have to be ACTIVE Duty

i have 2 07s SGTs left. i have a black and i just BOUGHT a white one. both equipped about the same

shaker 1000, IUP, leather, 5 speed manual.

michael morris

i just looked and there is a military discount of the 07s, but you have to be ACTIVE Duty

i have 2 07s SGTs left. i have a black and i just BOUGHT a white one. both equipped about the same

michael morris

I love to see the SGT's discounted like that but when I look at what I paid it still stings!

michael morris

Thanks for checking Michael...

Archived