TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally! 06 GTH Coupe #102 coming home!

JeffJ

:happy feet: :happy feet: I finally found the right one to pull the trigger on. This Friday I'll be flying from Denver, CO to Evansville, Indiana to drive home 06 GTH 102. I was going to have it shipped, but the weather is looking good this weekend so I thought that I'd just drive! I've been looking at most of them that are out on the market right now. This was one of the least expensive that I could find but also in much better shape than many that I have looked at for much more money. The dealership I'm going to already spent quite a bit on the car getting it up to par. They have done some re-paint on the front and back bumpers where there were scratches and have restriped it already. Many that I was looking at needed restriped badly. It has been on their show room floor since they have done all the work. It has 23K miles, but in better shape than others I've seen with many less miles. I know, the wheels are wrong. The stock ones were scraped and scuffed, so they put new wheels and tires on it. However, they used the new bright silver rather than the correct charcoal ones. At lease that is simply remedied as I already have a set of the correct wheels. I'm also going to go with 20" black razors here very soon. Here's some pics as it sits on the show room floor. I'll take more on my way home and when I get it here. Does anybody know what the 47 number is in the passenger side door jamb? Is that a number that perhaps the San Diego Hertz used for something? :headspin:

102_side.JPG

102_front.JPG

102_engine.JPG

102_dash.JPG

102_door_jamb.JPG

Congrats with the purchase. Looks good and you will enjoy it.

Try to hold it back on the way home. It could get expensive out there.

I'm not sure what the 47 means. Maybe a Hertz person in the know can respond. Just don't take it off.

I made it home this morning with no problems at all. A little over 1100 miles in a little less than 14 hours. I just went ahead and drove through the night after I picked it up from Expressway Ford last night around 8:00 pm. Well, the mystery for the 47 sticker above is no more. When I was cleaning it up a bit when I got home, I found the below sticker behind the filter. Company out of San Diego called Agent 47 looks like they must have rented this car. They do have a photo of a Hertz on their web site, I'm guessing #102. With their stikers attached, I'm assuming that they pushed this car pretty hard. That's the fun of this, isn't it? I will not remove their stickers as that is now part of the car's history. I sent Agent 47 an e-mail to see if they have any other info or pictures for me. I'll send you my info here shortly Dennis. Here she is home in my disaster of a shop. I'm in the middle of building the below garage and home for the Shelby. I guess I better get busy and get it done now.

102_behind_filter.JPG

102_in_shop.JPG

garage_1.jpg

Agent 47 got back in touch with me. They actually didn't thrash on this car. They couldn't find a Shelby GT to do some development off of, so they just used a Hertz car, my #102, to do some development on for parts. Here's their Shelby GT brake cooling scoops. Interesting any how.

galleryhome9_lg.gif

• 4 years later...

Jeff,

This is Rick. Just thought I would send you an email letting you know I picked up the 07 102 convertible. She is now down in Flordia resting in the garage. Do you still have your 06 hardtop 102?

Rick

Jeff,

This is Rick. Just thought I would send you an email letting you know I picked up the 07 102 convertible. She is now down in Flordia resting in the garage. Do you still have your 06 hardtop 102?

Rick

Congrats on the GT-H. Jeff still has the 2006 coupe. I am pretty sure it is 102 as indicated on his signature, but best to hear from him to confirm.

Yep, I still have the Coupe. Good to hear about the vert and welcome to Team Shelby. Please keep in contact, because if you are ever interested in selling, please let me be the first to take a shot at it. Welcome and hope to see pics and posts soon. Anything you would like to know, we have the knowledge here to help you out!

Jeff,

Rick

Rick,

Congrats on your GTH acquisition and welcome to Team Shelby, glad you found us.

We have the permanent dash plaque here at Shelby American for 07H0102. Please use the link below to request this plaque. Also there is a link in my signature line for you to register your GTH in the Shelby American Registry.

http://registry.teamshelby.com/register_gth.asp

Steve

Rick,

Congrats on your GTH acquisition and welcome to Team Shelby, glad you found us.

We have the permanent dash plaque here at Shelby American for 07H0102. Please use the link below to request this plaque. Also there is a link in my signature line for you to register your GTH in the Shelby American Registry.

http://registry.team...egister_gth.asp

Steve

Just currious, has the 2007 GT-H # 50 car been registered?

Just currious, has the 2007 GT-H # 50 car been registered?

Harald,

07H050 has not been registered with us. We also have the permanent dash plaque for the car. 07H050 was a Florida rental that is currently for sale in Buffalo New York for an advertised price of $47k Mileage appears to be around 17k

Steve

Harald,

07H050 has not been registered with us. We also have the permanent dash plaque for the car. 07H050 was a Florida rental that is currently for sale in Buffalo New York for an advertised price of $47k Mileage appears to be around 17k

Steve

Thanks. any link to sale?

• 3 weeks later...

Jeff,

I was wondering the same on yours. Oh well.

A question for any one. On replacing the decals {Gold Stripes}; which will be a total replacement of the hood, trunk, front & rear bumpers and sides. If I use replacement decals from Shelby does this make the car lose any valve? The present decals are faded from the Florida sun where she was a rental. I want to bring her back to a new look and before I do this want to ensure I am not stepping on her valve.

Thanks in advance!

Rick

• 2 years later...

Archived