TEAM SHELBY FORUM

After 38 years, I finally have a Shelby!

JonW

In 1969, when I was 14 years old, I saw a white Shelby GT500 convertible. What an impression that car made on a young man! I vowed then I would buy one someday. Well, after 38 years, that day has finally arrived. I recently took delivery of a new 2008 convertible in black. My first mod was removing the white rocker stripes. Here she is.

Shelby1.jpg

Options are navi, Sirius, HIDs, and ambient lighting. Since I have an '07 GT that is modded for the road course, I plan on leaving the Shelby mostly stock. With the bad weather we've had here, I've only been able to put 98 miles on it. But I can already tell that I love this car!

Jon

Congratulations on the new Shelby - seems llike we have followed the same path -

As far as the no mods decision though, if you really mean it you better sign off this forum and never come back! Honestly though, these are great cars but you can really bring them alive with a few mods - problem is, once you start, there's always another

Great choice - enjoy it and be careful out there

:happy feet: welcome to the site!!! and great choice, pop a top is my next choice!! I waited 43 years to get a shelby!!! Congrats!! later Mickey

Well, that didn't last very long... a whopping 98 miles and it's sold. Got hooked up with Michael Morris and now have a black Red Stripe Package ragtop on order. I've never owned a car for only 98 miles before.

Wow - crazy story.

Hope you got as good a deal on the new one as the old one.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived