TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Meguiars G-100 D/A Polisher on Stripes????????????

William Rodgers

For those who do not know, the Meguiars is the Porter Cable D/A Polisher with a lifetime warranty so I bought it over the Porter Cable. That said, I know everyone says treat the stripes the same as the painted surface as far as care goes, but what about a D/A polisher??? Can products such as #80 or #82 be used safely on the stripes or should it be avoided? Also, do you think the stripes should be hand waxed instead of using the D/A? Anyone with experience please chime in.

Thanks

For those who do not know, the Meguiars is the Porter Cable D/A Polisher with a lifetime warranty so I bought it over the Porter Cable. That said, I know everyone says treat the stripes the same as the painted surface as far as care goes, but what about a D/A polisher??? Can products such as #80 or #82 be used safely on the stripes or should it be avoided? Also, do you think the stripes should be hand waxed instead of using the D/A? Anyone with experience please chime in.

Thanks

No comment on the #80 or #82 but the DA works fine on the stripes without issue. Just lt it do the work and don't force it.

You can use it on speed 4 or 5 with 80,82,83 but nothing higher.Yellow or Tan pad from Meguiars.This machine is safe for the most part.

The stripes can handle it,use low hand pressure(the weight of your Hand) and it will be SAFE.

Archived