TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Spent Saturday with Ms Shelby

wheel.JPG

Had some time to kill this weekend so....I painted my calipers and installed drilled and slotted rotors! I painted the rotors on the inside and on the outer edge black so they don't rust.

wheel.JPG

post-10469-1202050842_thumb.jpg

Had some time to kill this weekend so....I painted my calipers and installed drilled and slotted rotors! I painted the rotors on the inside and on the outer edge black so they don't rust.

Looks good,

Did you happen to get a price on powdercoating them?

Clink

What kind of paint did you use ?

I did mine with this stuff:

RearEndRustRepair012.jpg

RearEndRustRepairPart2016.jpg

I did the rest of my wheel well with this:

RearEndRustRepair011.jpg

Yup! thats the stuff I used , but I got the kit that had the brush on paint, not the spray. I think it cost 19.99 at Auto Zone. The kit has enough paint to do 4-5 cars so its a good deal.

Looks good,

Did you happen to get a price on powdercoating them?

Clink

I'm too lazy to take them off to have them powder coated, the painting is an easy way to go. Although I plan on getting a powder coating set-up this summer......HMMMMMMMM, maybe that will be the first project!

I'm too lazy to take them off to have them powder coated, the painting is an easy way to go. Although I plan on getting a powder coating set-up this summer......HMMMMMMMM, maybe that will be the first project!

Stormeaston. Love the stripes, are those the exact ones that come on the GT-H? How and where did you get them?

Stormeaston. Love the stripes, are those the exact ones that come on the GT-H? How and where did you get them?

My silver stripes were stained or got stained while the car was on the dealer lot. When I bought the car they said they would replace them, I asked them to do the gold striped instead of the silver and they agreed. I didn't even know the GT-H was around, black and gold had been my race car collors for years and I thought it would be kool to have them on my personal car. The guy that did them was a local guy that does my lettering on the race car.

tell us about the drilled and slotted rotors, from whom, cost, installation, etc?

I got them as a x-mas present, they came from IROTORS and I believe they were around $300. They are very easy to install, what took the time was all the painting. I painted all the parts that would be not in contact with the pads, the inside diameter and the outer edge, all the places that could rust, thats what took the time, all that tapeing. I just painted them with a rattle can Rustnoleum..........semi-gloss black and then under a heat lamp for an hour.

My silver stripes were stained or got stained while the car was on the dealer lot. When I bought the car they said they would replace them, I asked them to do the gold striped instead of the silver and they agreed. I didn't even know the GT-H was around, black and gold had been my race car collors for years and I thought it would be kool to have them on my personal car. The guy that did them was a local guy that does my lettering on the race car.

I have looked at your car a thousand times on this site and thought it was a GT-H. Shows how much attention I pay, LOL, Looks Great!!

• 1 month later...
Curious how the paint has held up on your calipers? I am thinking about painting mine, and was curious how well that stuff works.

Thanks,

Sue

That paint holds up great, just make sure you clean them with the cleaner they provide, you know get all the brake dust and grease off. I painted my Dodge Stealth's about five years ago and they still look like I painted them yesterday.

Did you do the front and rears or just the rears?

Front and rears!

Archived