TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Terlingua Parts

circleofsnakes

If they don't, you could check out the GT-H / CS6 hood, which looks similar (the reverse-looking scoop). Other than the Terlingua badge on the grill, that also looks similar to the CS6 grill they have been selling in the catalog (although it might be part of a larger appearance group).

If they don't, you could check out the GT-H / CS6 hood, which looks similar (the reverse-looking scoop). Other than the Terlingua badge on the grill, that also looks similar to the CS6 grill they have been selling in the catalog (although it might be part of a larger appearance group).

if i understand it correctly, the terlingua hood is actually functional as a heat extractor whereas the vent on the CS6 is just for appearance.

i think the catalog from last year did mention the hood will be available separately

if i understand it correctly, the terlingua hood is actually functional as a heat extractor whereas the vent on the CS6 is just for appearance.

i think the catalog from last year did mention the hood will be available separately

Your correct on all accounts,

The CS6/8 hood is non-functional and the deep draw Terlingua hood is a heat extractor.

Also....the original statements from SAI indicated Terlingua components would not be sold separately however I did see the 2008 catalog contradict this statement.

Your correct on all accounts,

The CS6/8 hood is non-functional and the deep draw Terlingua hood is a heat extractor.

Also....the original statements from SAI indicated Terlingua components would not be sold separately however I did see the 2008 catalog contradict this statement.

Randy is correct in his last statement, since Amy specifically said that the hood was

exclusive to the Terlingua and the catalog was a misprint. However, if the demand is

high enough, money always can change anyone's mind. I wouldn't be shocked if

it appears in the 2009 catalog. What I haven't heard about that hood is clearance

benefits or if it has a dry weather requirement (interesting given how most racing

can occur in wet conditions). The Shelby CS Forum (now that it is up) has a bunch

of good info about the comparable CS6 hood and how to make it partially functional,

while still keeping the engine dry. So a plug for those guys... I had asked a bunch

of questions in this forum that was old news in that forum once they transferred

it over.

-Tom

Randy is correct in his last statement, since Amy specifically said that the hood was

exclusive to the Terlingua and the catalog was a misprint. However, if the demand is

high enough, money always can change anyone's mind. I wouldn't be shocked if

it appears in the 2009 catalog. What I haven't heard about that hood is clearance

benefits or if it has a dry weather requirement (interesting given how most racing

can occur in wet conditions)....

-Tom

Tom,

One of the reasons we are not offering all parts from our models is that we are trying to reduce/eliminate "cloning". We do not offer the Super Snake wheels (laser incused with "SUPER SNAKE" for sale separately, and the demand was HUGE.

As for the hood, we tested & developed this for airflow, and yes, we tested it for rain & water too (we re-did a few things from our findings).

And....yes, this hood was also specifically designed with clearance for a Super Charger in mind ;)

Hope this helps

Chris

Tom,

One of the reasons we are not offering all parts from our models is that we are trying to reduce/eliminate "cloning". We do not offer the Super Snake wheels (laser incused with "SUPER SNAKE" for sale separately, and the demand was HUGE.

As for the hood, we tested & developed this for airflow, and yes, we tested it for rain & water too (we re-did a few things from our findings).

And....yes, this hood was also specifically designed with clearance for a Super Charger in mind ;)

Hope this helps

Chris

Chris,

Now it all makes sense... trying to keep these packages exclusive will keep your

customers happy and your mod shops busy, and that hood is a big part of that.

Since Amy mentioned that the Terlingua pkg may be offered to SGT owners as

well, I guessing that the hood may be offered in future SAI packages after

the Terlingua (not that I'm expecting anyone to confirm that).

Thanks for the info, and keep up the good work.

-Tom

Chris,

Now it all makes sense... trying to keep these packages exclusive will keep your

customers happy and your mod shops busy, and that hood is a big part of that.

Since Amy mentioned that the Terlingua pkg may be offered to SGT owners as

well, I guessing that the hood may be offered in future SAI packages after

the Terlingua (not that I'm expecting anyone to confirm that).

Thanks for the info, and keep up the good work.

-Tom

Thanks, Tom. I try to convey as much info as I can without spillin' the beans!

• 2 months later...
The grille is the same, but the CS6 grille has cutouts for the fog lights. I personally like the grille better without them, like the black preproduction CS6 had.

I like the NEW Bullitt Grille.

David.

• 5 weeks later...
The grille is the same, but the CS6 grille has cutouts for the fog lights. I personally like the grille better without them, like the black preproduction CS6 had.

I asked if they had the grill from the black prototype for sell and they told me it was not for sell,that it was put on to get it to an show.

Archived