TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Another old man gets his Shelby!

oldimp

Our Shelby arrived in North Charleston this afternoon around 4:30 PM and we got it home about 6:30 PM. We washed it up and drove around for a couple of hours and she is safe at home now.

This car was well worth the wait! You will love this car! It is great!

Our Shelby arrived in North Charleston this afternoon around 4:30 PM and we got it home about 6:30 PM. We washed it up and drove around for a couple of hours and she is safe at home now.

:cheerleader: From one old man to another, congratulations, glad to hear someone is happy with their purchase :rockon:

What color combo did you get? Plz post up some nice pics if you could too.

Also what did you do with your GT, how would you say it feels(modded) compared to the stock Shelby?

What color combo did you get? Plz post up some nice pics if you could too.

Also what did you do with your GT, how would you say it feels(modded) compared to the stock Shelby?

I will keep the GT as long as it does not become a burden on us. It is a great every day car. I would like to drive it to work three days a week and the Shelby twice. It is going to be very hard to stay out of the Shelby!

post-3525-1154746602_thumb.jpg

post-3525-1154746675_thumb.jpg

post-3525-1154746732_thumb.jpg

post-3525-1154746829_thumb.jpg

post-3525-1154746602_thumb.jpg

post-3525-1154746675_thumb.jpg

post-3525-1154746732_thumb.jpg

post-3525-1154746829_thumb.jpg

great looking car; that's the combo I have ordered. its tough waiting

You are going to love this combo! In the sunlight it is magnificent! Thursday, I parked it under a street lamp in a parking lot while waiting to get a visitor pass for it and I couldn't keep my eyes off of it. It is a striking image!

I understand the waiting, believe me. Mine sat for about three weeks waiting for the stripes and nine days before it actually shipped. Then, it took longer than normal to reach the final distribution point in Columbia, SC. I promise you, you won't remember the stress of the wait after you get it in your sights! It will heal all the pain! That is a promise!

I will keep the GT as long as it does not become a burden on us. It is a great every day car. I would like to drive it to work three days a week and the Shelby twice. It is going to be very hard to stay out of the Shelby!

Smitty,

Great pics! I like the two vehicles in the background of the middle two. Awesome looking car!

Chip in SC

Condrat`s Oldimp -- Thanks for sharing your pictures . Keep us posted of what you think of her.

Well, I am into my second weekend with the Shelby and I am still excited about it. We had a Mustang show of sorts yesterday to promote the SC Education Lottery and it rained from start to finish. Surprisingly, there was a very good turnout of Mustangs. I think there may have been half a dozen Cobras, plenty of great oldies and even a Shelby GT-H! They had me park beside the GT-H and the two Shelbys were slightly separated from the rest of the Mustangs. My Shelby probably got the most attention and I enjoyed that. I received a lot of compliments and congratulations. Miserable weather, but still lots of fun!

I have just over 500 miles on her now and the average mpg on the computer readout was 14.2 (I think) when I last checked. It has mostly been driven in town with an average mph of 29. The highest I have seen is just over 16 mpg.

It is a joy to drive! It gets well past the speed limit way before you know it! The ride is better than my GT and the acceleration is grand!

I ordered a set of Magnaflow axle-backs this morning. I'll get photos of that on here after they are installed.

The stripe installation is not as good as I hoped it would be. They overlap the stripes at angles, like the edge of the spoiler and edges of the bumpers. When they overlap them, it looks like the tape is aligned on the left edge, but not on the right! Like the tape stretched out of shape maybe. It is not horrible, just unexpected.

Also, there is one spot on the roof, above the driver's seat, where a piece of debris got on the underside of the tape. The Flat Rock QA people found the spot because it is circled in grease pencil, but it didn't get corrected! My dealership has already ordered the two top stripe sections to replace them. Those roof sections are $175 each. I suppose they are replacing both stripes to ensure that the stripe colors match.

I am enjoying the car immensely!

From one old man to another, congrats!

I picked my red/white baby up on Aug 2. I'm in Oklahoma City where we have had extremely hot and dry weather. Naturally, it rained on my way home. I am very pleased with the car. The form, fit and function are all very good, in my opinion. Hope you enjoy your car. I'm sure having a good time with mine.

Archived