TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford sold the SVT Owners Association to SAAC?

ColdwaterHotrod

here is the link I found this statement from, if it's true now I know I'm not joining them.

http://www.themustangnews.com/clubnews_08/...08shelby203.htm

Ford Motor Company sold the SVT Owners Association to the management of SAAC last year, a move the people at the Glass House might be questioning the wisdom of at this point.

More to come….. according to the article

here is the link I found this statement from, if it's true now I know I'm not joining them.

http://www.themustangnews.com/clubnews_08/...08shelby203.htm

Ford Motor Company sold the SVT Owners Association to the management of SAAC last year, a move the people at the Glass House might be questioning the wisdom of at this point.

More to come….. according to the article

Hey, try this new forum;

http://www.saacforums.com

surprise

I joined SVTOA few months ago, I was a previous member when I owned a 95 Cobra and enjoyed the newsletters/info I got from being a member. So far, I'm pretty underwhelmed with the new SVTOA. The forums are not very active and I've got no idea when or if I'll get another newsletter.....

I joined SVTOA few months ago, I was a previous member when I owned a 95 Cobra and enjoyed the newsletters/info I got from being a member. So far, I'm pretty underwhelmed with the new SVTOA. The forums are not very active and I've got no idea when or if I'll get another newsletter.....

That is disappointing, but it seems to mirror the comments of long-time SAAC members complaining about the lack of "club support" when it comes to basic and promised things like periodic newsletters, internet forums, regularly updated registries, etc. They've got a forum going now, at least, so maybe the rest is yet to come?

• 2 months later...
That is disappointing, but it seems to mirror the comments of long-time SAAC members complaining about the lack of "club support" when it comes to basic and promised things like periodic newsletters, internet forums, regularly updated registries, etc. They've got a forum going now, at least, so maybe the rest is yet to come?

The dark days are over folks. There is good news to be found at www.svtoa.com .

The dark days are over folks. There is good news to be found at www.svtoa.com .

Sorry, but one announcement doesn't change a thing. Who is the new leadership? Who are the owners? When will I ever get a second newsletter?

I'm not calling you out shlbygt, I'm just wary....

From what I have seen on there web site, it is worth giving them another chance. I do have one question.............On the web site it states that it is FREE to register to Post in the Forums BUT, every place I find that says "REGISTER" takes me to a place to Join SVTOA instead of Registering for the Forums. How can I Register for JUST the forums for now?

David.

Sorry, but one announcement doesn't change a thing. Who is the new leadership? Who are the owners? When will I ever get a second newsletter?

Check out the thread titled "The Time Has Come" especially post 11 and 13 for a little more elaboration.

http://www.svtownersassociation.com/svtoaf...ead.php?t=13219

More details will follow.

Anybody know the status of SVT? There were so many rumors talking about them being contract employees and phasing out. I noticed that on the home page of SVTOA they don't list the Shelby GT500.

SVT is alive and well and working on a truck platform as the next SVT product.

A number of us spoke with the SVT folks who were in attendance at Shelby's birthday party and they are excited by the future.

I believe you mean the "SVT" home page which very recently transformed into

www.fordperformancegroup.com.

They list the GT500 under the Cobra.

SVT is alive and well and working on a truck platform as the next SVT product.

A number of us spoke with the SVT folks who were in attendance at Shelby's birthday party and they are excited by the future.

I believe you mean the "SVT" home page which very recently transformed into

www.fordperformancegroup.com.

They list the GT500 under the Cobra.

Agreed, the SVT guys are doing a great job getting organized fast. There were legal issues stopping them from communications but I believe that is over now. Go to the site and check out the posts. This is a group of dedicated passionate fans that will serve their members well. To Ron , Greg and the gang over at SVTOA, we wish you all the success.

SVTOA WEBITE AND CLUB INFO

We at Shelby wish them all the best, as we know the dificulties of forming and running a new club. The passion for Ford Mustangs, all Shelby's and Ford SVT vehicles is a Special Passion that we all share. Especially the special bond in the GT500 between both our groups.

Life is short, so get out and enjoy these cars! Spring is here!

Amy

Agreed, the SVT guys are doing a great job getting organized fast. There were legal issues stopping them from communications but I believe that is over now. Go to the site and check out the posts. This is a group of dedicated passionate fans that will serve their members well. To Ron , Greg and the gang over at SVTOA, we wish you all the success.

SVTOA WEBITE AND CLUB INFO

We at Shelby wish them all the best, as we know the dificulties of forming and running a new club. The passion for Ford Mustangs, all Shelby's and Ford SVT vehicles is a Special Passion that we all share. Especially the special bond in the GT500 between both our groups.

Life is short, so get out and enjoy these cars! Spring is here!

Amy

Amy,

Thanks to you and Team Shelby for your kindness and especially for helping out one of our chapters with their event earlier this year. We look forward to working with Team Shelby in the future!

It's been a long, frustrating process but we are finally on the right track now and with Ford's blessing, we are proceeding with Club business. We deeply appreciate members' patience and know that we've got a lot of making up to do for last year's management "issues", but we have a dedicated management team in place now and we are so excited to serve a great group of enthusiasts who love their high-performance Fords as much as we do!

~Marcie Cipriani

National Director

SVTOA

Ford created SVTOA. Ford chose a matketing company to manage the day to day operations (membership, communications, event scheduling, etc.) and with the help of volunteer regional directors "ran" SVTOA. Ford kept a management team in place to direct the goals of SVTOA through the marketing company and regional directors. From time to time Ford chose to change marketing companies and Ford personnel assigned to manage SVTOA. This was a great system and while changes did occur at the top they were rarely felt at the grass roots level. Ford never "sold" SVTOA" but rather licensed its day to day operation to professional companies.

In 2006 Ford had no new SVT products to sell and for whatever reason they chose to give up some of their management roles and combine those roles along with the martlketing of SVTOA to a for profit group. That did not work.

I personally believe because of the 06/07 problems Ford thought long and hard about who they would choose to manage and or market SVTOA in the future. They have chosen a well known company with previous strong ties to SVTOA to lead us in to the future. I also personally believe they Ford will be more heavily involved in SVTOA, they will be insuring that promises made will be kept, and that SVTOA will continue in its original direction (upward).

If you are thinking about joining please do so. Its a small fee to be a part of a great organization. If you only participate in one event you will be more than satisified. If you are thinking about renewing your membership do so in cofidence. The people that made promises that were not kept no longer have anything to do with SVTOA. The people that allowed the web site to languish (non payment of operational fees) no longer have anything to do with SVTOA. If in doubt contact your regional director. I am sure they are itching to share their insight and feelings with those disapointed in recent past performance.

Amy,

Thanks to you and Team Shelby for your kindness and especially for helping out one of our chapters with their event earlier this year. We look forward to working with Team Shelby in the future!

It's been a long, frustrating process but we are finally on the right track now and with Ford's blessing, we are proceeding with Club business. We deeply appreciate members' patience and know that we've got a lot of making up to do for last year's management "issues", but we have a dedicated management team in place now and we are so excited to serve a great group of enthusiasts who love their high-performance Fords as much as we do!

~Marcie Cipriani

National Director

SVTOA

It looks like everyone (including SVTOA members and officers) are members of this site so why go anywhere else? :happy feet:

Amy,

~Marcie Cipriani

National Director

SVTOA

Hi Marcie, Your welcome, I have visited your site and the overwhelming enthusiasm is amazing. Your a strong group with great passion. we are honored you asked us to be part of your events and we will continue to the ones we can. I got your meesgae and will email back soon :)

Good luck with SVTOA, I am sure I it will be great!

Amy

at least a nice Italian girl is running it! :dance:

Note: Don't let the name fool you...I'm just a German farm girl from the mountains of Pennsylvania. But you wouldn't want to try to pronounce my maiden name, so I stick with Cipriani. :rolleyes:

Ron,

Excellent recap of the history of SVTOA. Members and Regional Directors have been through a lot of ups and downs in the past few years and we appreciate their patience! We share the frustration experienced by all, and are working feverishly to fix what was broke and win back everyone's trust! ...And above all have a great time doing it!

Thanks again!

~Marcie

Archived