TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Removing paper stickers

1FAFP90

Mine came of fairly easy. Just pull gently. After that stick them on decal paper so save them. Next step, scan them for digitalization. That way you can print them out or have others made as spare.

The window sticker (price) and Country of origin stickers came off real easy. I've got them protected on decal paper. It's the other stickers (loose items / barcode ) that appear to be a bear to remove, at least on my car :(

I'm trying to save all the original stickers that were on the car -- how do you remove (without damaging) the paper ones like the "loose items" and the big barcode sticker ?

Thanks.

The main sticker can be printed out by your dealer & comes with the paper backing on it

here at the dealer, we use razor blades. if you are gentle enough you can get them off cleanly. More than one order unit came in with requests to preserve EVERYTHING. so I have delivered GT500s with all the plastic/bubble wrap and every sticker imaginable, intact, in their trunk.

------

Thanks for all of your good ideas and help it is mission accomplished :)

I got them all off, however two needed to be started with the razor blade and then pulled by hand. Strangely enough, the loose item label ink powderized while it was being removed. So, it is only about half as dark as it was prior to removal.

Archived