TEAM SHELBY FORUM

40TH Anniversary CSM Numbers

CSMXL0003

VA License Plate SHLBY XL

Completed 40th Package on/about 1 October 2007

Vehicle delivered 26 Jaunary 2008

2007 Grabber Orange Coupe

Suggestion... there is a lot of concern about folks obtaining VINs. With technology what it is, folks should really consider as to whether it is wise to list enough details about the cars, with VINs and SAI CSMs - creates lots of opportunities for cloning.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good question I didn't consider. My car is still in Vegas but the picture I got seems to show drilled rotors in the rear when enlarged. So..... I think I'm going to say the rears are done also.

07XL0033.jpg

I've since found out from SAI that they replace all 4 rotors, but do only the front brakes.

Here it is at the Shelby Warehouse 07XL0018 :happy feet: :happy feet:

post-7198-1202362909_thumb.jpgpost-7198-1202362734_thumb.jpgpost-7198-1202362851_thumb.jpg

Those are great pictures. My car is at the Vegas facility right now (delivered there on 2/9). Number is 0075. Its a black convertible getting the complete 40th package with the performance upgrades. It looks like the only difference between those pictures and what mine will be are the red brake calipers I'm having installed. Can't wait to get it back - should be just in time for the GREAT driving weather in S. Cal. One question: How do you clean the hood scoop inserts??

My car is number 124 and it shipped out today! I t will arrive in Vegas on Monday.

I getting the short shifter, curb feelers, and the brakes. I might upgrade the power later.

Tim

Tim

To go along with the curb feelers you need to get the Shelby dingle balls around the windshield and the chrome kick panel for the doors that says "LA BOMBA" these options are normally reserved for cars in East LA but since you got the curb feelers you might be able to talk the folks at SAI into making an exception!

If you do all that then it may be necessary to do the power upgrade so you can out run the guystrying t steal your dingle balls.

Congratulations, I better get my car out in a hurry so they don't get confused! :hysterical2:

Anybody know anything about 40th Anniversary build numbers? how many have performance upgrades? How many convertibles? How many of each color? (at least 3 black convertibles that we know about) I'm hoping not to see too many of you guys in my general area but it would be pretty cool to see some once in a while. Anybody planning to show their car in California this year?

I'll be at most of the BCMC events like the Queen Mary and Sunset Showdown :)

Gotta admit - I had to Google BCMC. I'm on the central coast (Santa Barbara county) so I wasn't familiar with BCMC but will see about making some of those events. There's a pretty nice show in Pismo Beach toward the end of June (pretty heavy on the 57 Chevy and hot rod entries but also always has a nice selection of Mustangs). I'm going to put my car in that show - might be too far for you to bring your car, but if you have some spare time its worth the drive to see the show.

Tim

To go along with the curb feelers you need to get the Shelby dingle balls around the windshield and the chrome kick panel for the doors that says "LA BOMBA" these options are normally reserved for cars in East LA but since you got the curb feelers you might be able to talk the folks at SAI into making an exception!

If you do all that then it may be necessary to do the power upgrade so you can out run the guystrying t steal your dingle balls.

I forgot about the dingle balls! I think I might put hydraulics on the car to get it hoppin'. :hysterical:

Just got the word - my baby's in the mod shop starting next week. :happy feet: Two weeks of 40th work, plus brakes and shifter, then back home the week fo 3/24. :happy feet:

YeeeHaaaa! Mine went into the shop Feb 26th. Estimated to be finished in 2 weeks. I'm thinking of taking a day trip over to pick up the take off parts. Wheels, Tires, blower, brakes, body molding - that ought to fit in the back of a Tahoe (with the seats down), huh? (oh - think they'll let a Chevy into the parking lot there???)

YeeeHaaaa! Mine went into the shop Feb 26th. Estimated to be finished in 2 weeks. I'm thinking of taking a day trip over to pick up the take off parts. Wheels, Tires, blower, brakes, body molding - that ought to fit in the back of a Tahoe (with the seats down), huh? (oh - think they'll let a Chevy into the parking lot there???)

I have an Excursion, some of the boxes that came back were long. You will probably have to unpack some of the longer ones. Just a heads up!

Archived