TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 ADMs - What's everyone seeing?

gennyr1

I was originally seeing them for $5k over when I started seriously shopping in OCT/NOV. I had a deal for $2700 over in DEC through a dealership that was part of a group my Dad worked for, but the wife wouldn't stand for it to sit in the garage for four months worth of payments while I finish my time in Afghanistan, so I had to back out.

I saw a post from Joker where (if I'm not mistaken) he listed the dealership. I went online, was contacted by the dealer, and after five weeks of mail (slow from here to the US because apparently in CA they have to have original documents, not scans or faxes), they finally received my verification of options and check this past weekend and will be putting in my order at MSRP. It should be here at the end of March/beginning of April which is right when I get home.

I have had that price for two months now, and am very happy! I did poke around some other CA dealerships, and several were at least 10k over. I'm from AZ, and the $2700 over was a smoking deal there, so I am extremely pleased with the MSRP--Thanks Joker!!!

:happy feet: :happy feet:

Glad I could help. Congrates on getting your car soon.

Thanks for all that you do over there as well!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Picking mine up tomorrow - everything but nav and 1000, just the way I wanted it.

UNDER MSRP :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

I just got mine a vista blue coupe two weeks ago for msrp and they delivered it 500 miles. from Crain Ford In Little Rock Ark. They also have another red with white stripes if anyune wants it. You could probably work the same deal I did. Ralph

Frankly, I hope these cars command 5-15K over msrp as long as they produce them. I am in the car business and see both sides. Value wise, I love the fact that these cars are still over MSRP. That means mine is holding it's value. I don't blame the dealers at all. Just recently I witnessed 2 08 GT500's going for 6k over msrp @ dealer/factory auctions. they had 50 miles each on the odometers & the bidding was crazy. It's all about supply & demand. If a dealer can only get one or two cars all year, he has to sell them @ market. If he knows he can send to an auction & get 3-5K over, why would he give them away @ msrp.? He's also protecting his business. Otherwise the customer who buys it @ msrp or lower will put it on ebay.

Face it guys, If your rich Uncle dies & leaves your his new 08 GT500 with only 10 miles & the sticker still on the window, what would you do? For arguments sake, you need to sell it. Looking at market conditions as they are, would you give it away for less than it's value? DUH....Most customers come in w/ tons of intellegent info about what their cars are worth only to waste my time & theirs to want more. The private owner always wants too much for their cars. It's a fact I see every day for 20+ years.

So, I ask you...when you list poor old Uncle money bags GT500 w/ only 10 miles on her, what will YOU...the HONEST private owner ask for the car??? It's not a Taurus here is it? ....Think about it..you won't get another one of these & if you sell it under the market value, that person will sell it for more. So, the HONEST private owner will do what they have always done...the will research the market on these cars & the ask 20% more for theirs because it's much more special than the others out there...right?

Moral of the story(I can be long winded..sorry)....Dealers are no different than any one else. They want the current market value for their products. If the market changes, so will they. It's called capitalism.

Think I have heard this many times before at many dealerships...............

"SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE HONEST SALESMAN"?????????????????????????????? :hysterical2::hysterical:

Think I have heard this many times before at many dealerships...............

"SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE HONEST SALESMAN"?????????????????????????????? :hysterical2::hysterical:

I would love to what you'd do if everyone was selling these cars @ over msrp if you owned one. What would you do, sell it for thousands less than the market vaule just to be a nice guy?

I would love to what you'd do if everyone was selling these cars @ over msrp if you owned one. What would you do, sell it for thousands less than the market vaule just to be a nice guy?

Yeah, some of the members here do get a little ADM rage from tim to time, but you cant really blame them for it....

I mean- isn't this exactly like price gouging? Frankly I dont see how it is even legal. If a corner store goes up to 10 dollars for a gallon of milk during a shortage- they are prosecuted...and dont give me the necesities argument! if you didn't feel like this car was a necesity to buy, you have come to the wrong place pal! :hysterical:

True "MARKET VALUE" is found by actual sales data from a "RELIABLE NEUTRAL SOURCE".

"NOT" by believing "SALES HYPE" from any "ONE DEALERSHIP".

Purchasing any car, especially including a large "ADM" without doing research will most

likely mean paying "WAY OVER MARKET VALUE".

I am glad it took me over a year to make the deal on my GT500 as I look at it as

"AN ADVENTURE" and learning experiance on how Dealerships operate, and I got exactly

the car and options I wanted and saved over "15 GRAND" in the process.

And I purchased the car to "KEEP IT, DRIVE IT, AND ENJOY IT". Not to "FLIP IT FOR PROFIT".

Also I guess you think the salesman that sold me my car

"JUST WANTED TO BE A NICE GUY AND LOSE MONEY"????????? :hysterical2::hysterical:

Also I guess you think the salesman that sold me my car

"JUST WANTED TO BE A NICE GUY AND LOSE MONEY"????????? :hysterical2::hysterical:

I paid MSRP. I shopped a few dealerships as well. All consumers have the power of NO! I defend the right of any business to price products according to the market. When a dealer sells 90% of the vehicles with in 1% of their invoice, then why do people get all ticked off when they finally have a car they can sell for more. I am not defending the 25K over msrp dealers. I am however defending a dealers right to mark a car that he will only get a couple of up maybe 2-5K. It's always a buyers market with the average cars and trucks that dealers stock. Customers beat dealers to death on the every day cars & trucks. They do all they can to make sure the dealers don't make a dime. I think it's poetic justice that the buyers of specialty cars feel so cheated when a dealer does the exact same thing to them that they have been doing to dealers every day for the last 20 years.

Just get over it already guys. If you don't want to pay ADM's, Don't. I didn't either. But I defend the dealers right to price these cars according to their allocation. Customers don't want to admit it but they would do the same thing.

Just wanted to put my .2 in here.

I paid msrp for my car. Long story, more on that later.

Myself and many others don't have a problem with a dealer pricing with adm as long as they are up front and honest about it. What I have a problem with are the dealers that lied or pulled some monkey business crap. They are many things that fall into this, but the 2 main ones are:

1. Dealers that told outright lies to increase their chance at selling above adm. Things like "this car is being built for only 1 year" and "they are only making 500 of them", etc. These lies won't fool any of the people that frequent this and other similar boards, but they might fool "Joe Moneybags" who has the extra cash and thought he was getting something he wasn't. These dealers created artificial collectibility.

2. Dealers that made a deal with a customer and then went back on their word. We've all heard these stories from when production first started. This is not some stupid salesman making up an on the spot lie. This is a deliberate dishonesty where a decision was made by someone high up in the dealership to be a slime sucking lying rat (apologies to rats here). Customer A, begin an enthusiast, makes a deal, perhaps even putting a deposit down, many months before production starts. He's first or 2nd in line and then the dealer backs out when they find out they can sell it for more to another customer. Sometimes there was not even another customer, they just wanted a huge adm because they "heard" of them selling for a $20K adm on ebay.

My story: In Aug 05 I went into the closest SVT dealer with a buddy of mine. This was before they decided to sell them at all dealers. My buddy and I both put down a deposit on cars and were told we were #2 and #3. Deal was MSRP. Both I and the dealer thought MSRP would be a good deal. The dealer still had a heavily discounted new 04 Cobra on the lot, so he thought he would be doing well for an MSRP deal. We were told the #1 car was going to a local Dr.

Fast forward over a year. The Doc gets the first car in Sept 06 My buddy got #2 in Oct 06. He got #2 by virtue of having known the dealer all his life. They didn't know when #3 (mine) would come in. Couple of months later the Doc is going through a divorce and trades his GT500 AND a Viper in for a plain truck and a pile of cash (bet the cash was hidden from the divorce lawyer). In jan 07 the dealer calls and says that they won't get another 07 and offers my deposit back. This is in direct contradiction to the allocation information that had been posted here by some trustworthy dealer employees.

I stopped in one day and politely asked the dealer gm about their allocation. I even showed him some allocation info. He says he is positive they won't get anymore. Two was it and I should just get my deposit back. I declined and said I'll just take the first 08. A few weeks later he told another friend of mine (Shelby GT buyer) that he thought I was trying to tell him how to run his business and he was pissed about it. I finally got called by the sales manager in May 07 to come in and order my 08 (ordered Vapor). I stay out of their hair and call and check every couple of months. In Sept 07 I call and the sales mgr says they may not get any 08's at all based on a change in allocation. Offers my deposit back. I decline, told him I would leave it there until production stops. Also, around this time I had spotted an 07 at the #1 car Doc's office. Tungsten/satin stripes (my color shoice for the 07). Did a U turn and went back for a look. There was sticker on the back of it from the dealer I had my order with. I kept my eyes open for the Doc everytime I went by his office. I was hoping to see him outside and ask about the car. I was very suspicious that the dealer had sold my 07 to him.

I had just about given up. Even dipped into my down payment money I had saved and bought a nice little street/strip 66 Mustang.

Finally get a call in Dec 07 that my car was due 12-20-07. I quickly put the 66 up for sale and sold it break even a week later. I went in a couple of days early to get the paperwork ready. They had an 08 w white/blue on the showroom! (I was supposed to get the 1st 08!). They told me it wasn't for sale. The owner wanted to keep it for hmself. The day I picked mine up my buddy came clean. He was in for an oil change and one of the salesman had let it slip that they sold the 3rd 07 to the Doc. My car!!!!! My buddy said once he found out he got the gm, the sales mgr and the dealers son in an office together and chewed on them a little. He told them that I had been honest and had made an honest deal with them and they better get me a car. This was several months before I got mine. He didn't tell me because he knew I would made a scene and showed my ass at the dealership. He was right, I would have. May have went to jail. LOL About the 3 weeks after I go tmine they sold the white/blue from the showroom to a guy 5 minutes from me for a small adm.

The car itself makes the wait worth it, but the wait woudl have been much less if the dealer gm had shown any integrity.

Sorry for the long rant, but this is the first time I've told my story.

David Cole

I should also add that the dealer I got mine from was the 2nd closest dealerto me. About 30 miles away. There was a dealer closer to me that also had several GT 500's. I've bought several new cars from them. They had huge adms on their GT 500's. I DON"T hold that against them though. They said up front, before they ever got any, that there woudl be an adm. This closer dealer has a USED 07 red/white coupe on the showroom right now. They are asking $64K for used one with 5oo miles. HAHAHA. But, they are honest up front. Gotta give'm that.

I paid MSRP. I shopped a few dealerships as well. All consumers have the power of NO! I defend the right of any business to price products according to the market. When a dealer sells 90% of the vehicles with in 1% of their invoice, then why do people get all ticked off when they finally have a car they can sell for more. I am not defending the 25K over msrp dealers. I am however defending a dealers right to mark a car that he will only get a couple of up maybe 2-5K. It's always a buyers market with the average cars and trucks that dealers stock. Customers beat dealers to death on the every day cars & trucks. They do all they can to make sure the dealers don't make a dime. I think it's poetic justice that the buyers of specialty cars feel so cheated when a dealer does the exact same thing to them that they have been doing to dealers every day for the last 20 years.

Just get over it already guys. If you don't want to pay ADM's, Don't. I didn't either. But I defend the dealers right to price these cars according to their allocation. Customers don't want to admit it but they would do the same thing.

First off, most customers including me are not in the business of selling cars.

Second is not a matter of "GETTING OVER IT" as more of sharing experiances

on this site so their maybe less people "TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF" with "DISHONEST DEALERS"

that will say anything to sale a car for "STUPID MONEY" :doh: .

My My, that is a high horse you're on there sir.

The thread starter along with others here are obviously looking for a current pricing frame of reference. These threads are quite informative and provide current buyers with valuble information but seem to cause you significant distress for some strange reason. Lighten up.

Well said! That's what these forums are all about, sharing information so others can learn and avoid mistakes. I've been watching/tracking Ebay prices for the last 6 months or so waiting to buy my car at MSRP. Selling prices have been continously coming down. The average selling price on Ebay for a new 2008 GT500 over the past 6 weeks (about 30 cars or so) has been $47,322. Most of these cars usually have the 5 main options (w/o NAV). So on average that's about $500 or so above MSRP. I've been hoping to find a local dealer to order one the way I want. Had a deposit on one, then 2 weeks later dealer calls me and says sorry but he doesn't have any allocations left. What a bunch of BS. He probably found someone willing to pay over MSRP. Oh well, I can wait a little longer.

Stoy

I ordered mine from a dealer in SW Ohio for MSRP $44,510. Of course I have no idea when it's coming.

Bruce

If you don't mind me asking what dealer did you order from and when did you place the order? I placed my order for red vert with white stripes 12 weeks ago and still do not have a build date and I have been up the dealerships as@ for information.

Well said! That's what these forums are all about, sharing information so others can learn and avoid mistakes. I've been watching/tracking Ebay prices for the last 6 months or so waiting to buy my car at MSRP. Selling prices have been continously coming down. The average selling price on Ebay for a new 2008 GT500 over the past 6 weeks (about 30 cars or so) has been $47,322. Most of these cars usually have the 5 main options (w/o NAV). So on average that's about $500 or so above MSRP. I've been hoping to find a local dealer to order one the way I want. Had a deposit on one, then 2 weeks later dealer calls me and says sorry but he doesn't have any allocations left. What a bunch of BS. He probably found someone willing to pay over MSRP. Oh well, I can wait a little longer.

Stoy

Got another one on order!! :happy feet: I think this one is real. Found a dealer 250 miles away with an allocation slot left and willing to sell at MSRP. Put it on order yesterday. Should have a VIN in a week or so. Supposed to be built in March and delivered in April, just in time for the good weather. Total price with my 4 options is $46,005. They are also looking at shipping direct to a local dealer to save me a trip to pick it up. Looks like the base price on the coupe has gone up $240, from $41930 to $42170, in the last couple of months. No big deal, still a great price for a great car.

This dealer, Fairway Ford in Canfield, OH, was great to work with. Straight deal, no BS. He also has another coupe coming in in the next week or so. He offered me that one at MSRP. It is also a vapor/black stripe coupe, but it has NAV and satelite radio (which I don't want), in addition to HID, Premium trim, and Amb. Lighting. Total price is $47580. He was also willing to throw in the Shelby car cover for free. If you want it, I'd jump on it. Give Ed Jarzen a call at 330-533-3673. Tell him you heard about from Stoyan.

Now I can start working in earnest on my modification wish list. I already have a set of chrome 20" Shelby Razors waiting in the garage.

Stoy

So from some one who is still waiting for a msrp deal.

me personally dont agree with the adm, I mean we are in a recesion. (been in one a while but just now the goverment admits to it.

Fords stocks are plumiting. Ford has also fell from the 3rd biggest manufacturer in the US

There lots are still full of 2007 vechicles.

The car it self is allready rusting in the rear ends just sitting in the dealer showrooms because ford decided to save a few pennys on paint material.

The dealers are still paying there floor plan payments on the cars holding out for the deal 20,000 over msrp.

Some of the dealers I talk to say hey I may not sell you this car but it brought you into the show room maybee I can sell you something else. I then explain trying to make the profit of 200 car sales on one car is absurd (afterall they do explain they only make $100.00 profit on the cars they sell)

Or some of the other dealers explain they had to purchase the car above MSRP from another dealer in oder to bring it to the showroom

So I am still looking for a MSRP deal and if I cant find one prior to the end of Febuary I will be out of the market for a shelby and probable end up with a XLRV or a ZO6 (Ford are you listening) its one thing to make a profit on a car and they are entitled to do it, but they need to be able to do that at MSRP and a quick turn over of inventory.

Also if the dealerships want to make a profit ,you might want to look into tecnical training and customer relations with the service departments, Its a mistake to put the service tecs and service wrighter on a commisioned based pay scale as they need to sell service not needed and rush thru warrenty repairs in order to survive, I am soo sick of bringing a 40 to 70 thousand dollar vechicle to a dealer because of a defect in material and workman ship,having to argue with a service wrighter weather or not I am entitled to a rental vechicle only to get a call at 3 in the after noon asking if I want my 3000 mile service performed for only 700.00 while the car is in the shop only to find out they never looked into why the car was in the shop in the first place, or to have to pick it up and find all the radio channels are changed and there grease on all of the interiour panels and a coffe cup in the cup holders with screws left over from there repairs.I have 2 snap on test light in my garage found under my hood from 2 differant visits to a dealer for a non working a/c system, allthough they should treat every car as if it were there own, when a car comes in absolutley spotless and allready has seat covers and temporary floor mats in place to protect the car from the mecanic somebody needs to pay attention to that and at least clean what ever they get dirty.

I have left dealships because I seen a mecanic leaving a holeshot with some poor customers car,

One industry I will never a shed a tear for is the auto industry

Local ford dealer has 4 shelbys at his place.

1 is a used one with out the 50 state emmsions and cant be sold in new yorl till its over a certain milage.

the other 3 were in his show room since September of 07 with 12,000 adms

So I am still looking for a MSRP deal and if I cant find one prior to the end of Febuary I will be out of the market for a shelby and probable end up with a XLRV or a ZO6 (Ford are you listening) its one thing to make a profit on a car and they are entitled to do it, but they need to be able to do that at MSRP and a quick turn over of inventory.

Here ya go! You need to contact me IMMEDIATELY! Your MSRP deal.

I am working on deal here where I can get a 2008 GT500 Coupe

Torch Red with Black Stripes

Black with Red inserts interior

GT500 Premium Trim Package

Shaker 1000

Those are the only two options on this car.

MSRP $45,865

Here ya go! You need to contact me IMMEDIATELY! Your MSRP deal.

I am working on deal here where I can get a 2008 GT500 Coupe

Torch Red with Black Stripes

Black with Red inserts interior

GT500 Premium Trim Package

Shaker 1000

Those are the only two options on this car.

MSRP $45,865

Mine was fully optioned with MSRP 47,255.

What is missing, Satalite Radio and_______??????????

Tiffany Ford, Hollister, CA. 10k over for black 'vert

Gilroy Ford, Gilroy, CA. 30k over for red coupe

Frontier Ford, San Jose, cheapest coupe (blue) 5k over some as much as 10k, plus a 'vert for 15k over

Just reporting what the threads title asked for....

This company is reliable. Same one SAI uses

FedEX Custom Critical

Passport Auto Tranport

800-325-4267

Enclosed transport

Hey thanks, Saw them on Ebay, wondered if they were good.

Archived