TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 ADMs - What's everyone seeing?

gennyr1

This isn't intended to start an ADM war - just wondering what people are seeing these days.

The dealer I bought my 07 from has an '08 coupe - red with white stripes I believe. I think it has a shaker 1000, HIDs and ambient lighting. They called me a few weeks ago and said they'd sell it for MSRP if I knew anyone who was interested.

Just wondering if that's now common or are ADMs still prevelant.

Rob

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This isn't intended to start an ADM war - just wondering what people are seeing these days.

The dealer I bought my 07 from has an '08 coupe - red with white stripes I believe. I think it has a shaker 1000, HIDs and ambient lighting. They called me a few weeks ago and said they'd sell it for MSRP if I knew anyone who was interested.

Rob

any where from msrp to 10,000 over or more in places

Forgot to mention that the dealer is in south eastern Ohio. I know for 07s Cal seemed to be ADM happy. Maybe MSRP in Ohio isn't hard to find today...

I just came home from Phil Long Ford in Colorado Springs. They have a GT500 sitting on the floor right now with a great big $20,000 ADM on it! I asked if that was negotiable at all and he said, "nope". So in Colorado at least there are still folks willing to pay that much. Crazy with the MSRP or near MSRP deals to be had. You don't have to even look that hard anymore. I seem to find a good deal everytime I go on eBay.

it definately depends on the local market. i live in the washington dc area and the market here is still pretty good. i bought my 08 from a dealer in bristol tennesee in sept. of 07 and paid 5k over, but i got the car i want in the color i want and didnt pay 15 to 20k over.

I just bought my vapor 'vert with every option for MSRP from Bill Estes Ford in Indiana. Rob Paddock was the salesman. Nice guy, straight shooter. Give him a call at 800-806-6215. There is a vapor 'vert on E-Bay right now starting at MSRP with no reserve. I was up in Maine over Christmas time and the dealers up there were 20K over still. The best deal in Northern NJ I was able to get was 7 to 10k over. That's how I ended up buying out in Indiana. Local dealers didn't want my money. Or more specifically, they wanted to much of it! :hysterical2: You just have to look around. Watch E-Bay, if you see a car you like, watch it to end. I can just about guarentee it won't make the reserve. Call the dealer after the auction is over and try to make a deal on it.

I got mine for MSRP here in Birmingham, didn't think it would be built so started looking around, lots of ADMs out there, most are still sitting. But to be straight up I have been doing business with the dealership for over ten years, cars for the kids and myself. I would like to think he did me a favor but realize he is in business to make money. Guess he knew I was going to get one one way or the other so he ordered it for me even though he had no allotments and it came through. He did agree to the MSRP deal with out me asking for it. I told him many time over that I would not pay over MSRP. Good dealership, can't say enough good about them, nothing but good experiances with him. Jim Skinner Ford, Tony Glenn is my sales man! :happy feet:

I just picked up my 08 white/blue stripes coupe today in southeast Arizona at Freedom Ford (Thatcher, AZ, pop 4500) for $500 over MSRP. The Phoenix area dealerships were quoting me anywhere $7K to $20K over MSRP, Tuscan dealerships were looking for $6K over MSRP. Needless to say I am a happy camper, I will post pics soon.

-Craig-

N / W Indiana

GT500 = $15,000 over MSRP

Shelby GT = $10,000 over MSRP

Bullitt = $7,000 over MSRP

Out of the three, the bullitt might be the best deal, assuming the MSRP is the 31K I heard it was going to be. Possibly fewer built than the 500, nearly as good in performance as the SGT. Great looking car.

Out of the three, the bullitt might be the best deal, assuming the MSRP is the 31K I heard it was going to be. Possibly fewer built than the 500, nearly as good in performance as the SGT. Great looking car.

Nah.

Dealers are quoting MSRP on the Bullitt all day.

Don't fall for the hype again.

Could you imagine what it would be like without the internet? We'd all be getting raped !!

At least we can find a car a few states away for the price we want to pay.

I think it definitely depends on what part of the country you're looking in, and more importantly the economy in that area. Got mine about 100 miles south of Louisville; nothing but dairy farms. I went the ebay route and paid 2K over January. Got exactly what I wanted. Called the dealer 2 hours after the auction started and asked him how much to end the auction. Here in NJ, ADMs are still high. Don't see many of them on the road either.

Rob

[/quote}

I paid $4k over for mine to order exactly what I wanted from my dealer in Ulster County NY.(it arrives in the next week or two) :happy feet:

The first dealer I spoke to though wanted to put the screws to me and tried to tell me that ADM's were easily over $10k (they still have there's sitting on the showroom floor six months later) luckily for this site and others like it I knew better. If you shop around deals are out there for the car you want between MSRP and $5k over without too much trouble.

Jaime

It is soooo amusing when you walk onto the floor, and the salesperson doesn't know S*#T, they look you straight in the eye, and say "You won't find for less than this"

There is a dealer near my office in Gilroy CA. they have a Red/white '08 Coupe (I go check it out, only because I had nothing better to do, and wanted to trade jabs with these guys), they are listing it for $76,000!, and when I proceed to ask him, what the REAL number is, he tells me, with total conviction, "There is one of these in San Jose for $91,000, so this is a good deal, and we're NOT moving off of this price, and you won't find them anywhere else...."

HUH? WHAT? Then I bust him with the fact I paid only $220. on a fully loaded '08 'vert back in Nov.

His reply, "well you should have bought every one of them"

HUH? WHAT?, I did buy every one, there was only one, you dumb .....!

Personally, I think even a few thousand is OK. ( I was on 2 lists with deposits, one for 3k the other 5k, when I stumble across my deal, just blind luck on the one I got).

After all, if you're happy and have no problem with what you paid, then it is a good deal, regardless of the $$$.

So get out there, twist 'er sideways, and have some fun

I just came home from Phil Long Ford in Colorado Springs. They have a GT500 sitting on the floor right now with a great big $20,000 ADM on it! I asked if that was negotiable at all and he said, "nope". So in Colorado at least there are still folks willing to pay that much. Crazy with the MSRP or near MSRP deals to be had. You don't have to even look that hard anymore. I seem to find a good deal everytime I go on eBay.

That's no sign that people are willing to that much. If they were, the car would be gone! Many dealers see this as a no lose situation: if someone will pay that much, great; if not, the car looks good on the showroom floor and draws people in -- all they're out is floorplan interest.

Ron

I have been searching since late Oct. for a GT500, finally picked up a 08 white w/ blue stripes at a small town Ford dealership (Thatcher, AZ Freedom Ford) for $500 over MSRP. Man do I love this car :headspin: . The Phoenix area dealers aren't going below $5K over MSRP, Tuscan won't go below $6K, so I feel pretty good about my deal.

post-13287-1202067804_thumb.jpg

post-13287-1202067804_thumb.jpg

It is soooo amusing when you walk onto the floor, and the salesperson doesn't know S*#T, they look you straight in the eye, and say "You won't find for less than this"

There is a dealer near my office in Gilroy CA. they have a Red/white '08 Coupe (I go check it out, only because I had nothing better to do, and wanted to trade jabs with these guys), they are listing it for $76,000!, and when I proceed to ask him, what the REAL number is, he tells me, with total conviction, "There is one of these in San Jose for $91,000, so this is a good deal, and we're NOT moving off of this price, and you won't find them anywhere else...."

HUH? WHAT? Then I bust him with the fact I paid only $220. on a fully loaded '08 'vert back in Nov.

His reply, "well you should have bought every one of them"

HUH? WHAT?, I did buy every one, there was only one, you dumb .....!

Personally, I think even a few thousand is OK. ( I was on 2 lists with deposits, one for 3k the other 5k, when I stumble across my deal, just blind luck on the one I got).

After all, if you're happy and have no problem with what you paid, then it is a good deal, regardless of the $$$.

So get out there, twist 'er sideways, and have some fun

Frankly, I hope these cars command 5-15K over msrp as long as they produce them. I am in the car business and see both sides. Value wise, I love the fact that these cars are still over MSRP. That means mine is holding it's value. I don't blame the dealers at all. Just recently I witnessed 2 08 GT500's going for 6k over msrp @ dealer/factory auctions. they had 50 miles each on the odometers & the bidding was crazy. It's all about supply & demand. If a dealer can only get one or two cars all year, he has to sell them @ market. If he knows he can send to an auction & get 3-5K over, why would he give them away @ msrp.? He's also protecting his business. Otherwise the customer who buys it @ msrp or lower will put it on ebay.

Face it guys, If your rich Uncle dies & leaves your his new 08 GT500 with only 10 miles & the sticker still on the window, what would you do? For arguments sake, you need to sell it. Looking at market conditions as they are, would you give it away for less than it's value? DUH....Most customers come in w/ tons of intellegent info about what their cars are worth only to waste my time & theirs to want more. The private owner always wants too much for their cars. It's a fact I see every day for 20+ years.

So, I ask you...when you list poor old Uncle money bags GT500 w/ only 10 miles on her, what will YOU...the HONEST private owner ask for the car??? It's not a Taurus here is it? ....Think about it..you won't get another one of these & if you sell it under the market value, that person will sell it for more. So, the HONEST private owner will do what they have always done...the will research the market on these cars & the ask 20% more for theirs because it's much more special than the others out there...right?

Moral of the story(I can be long winded..sorry)....Dealers are no different than any one else. They want the current market value for their products. If the market changes, so will they. It's called capitalism.

I got mine for MSRP in California. But here in Cali, some dealers are still wanting 25+ ADM.

I was originally seeing them for $5k over when I started seriously shopping in OCT/NOV. I had a deal for $2700 over in DEC through a dealership that was part of a group my Dad worked for, but the wife wouldn't stand for it to sit in the garage for four months worth of payments while I finish my time in Afghanistan, so I had to back out.

I saw a post from Joker where (if I'm not mistaken) he listed the dealership. I went online, was contacted by the dealer, and after five weeks of mail (slow from here to the US because apparently in CA they have to have original documents, not scans or faxes), they finally received my verification of options and check this past weekend and will be putting in my order at MSRP. It should be here at the end of March/beginning of April which is right when I get home.

I have had that price for two months now, and am very happy! I did poke around some other CA dealerships, and several were at least 10k over. I'm from AZ, and the $2700 over was a smoking deal there, so I am extremely pleased with the MSRP--Thanks Joker!!!

:happy feet: :happy feet:

A few weeks ago, I called about 30 dealers in the Cincinnati/Dayton Ohio area to order an '08 at MSRP. Figured with the lousy weather and the stock market tanking, now was a good time. About a dozen still had allocations available. Of those only three were willing to talk MSRP. Ordered my vapor coupe with the options I wanted (HID, Premium trim, amb. lighting, and car cover) for MSRP. Now just waiting to get build date info. In the meantime, I've been shopping around for mod's on my wish list. Already have a set of 20" chrome Razors waiting in the garage. Beautiful wheels and only $1000 from an Ebay store, with free shipping! Anybody have a picture of the vapor with these wheels?

Stoy

Archived