TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rear Window Trim (Convertible)

mike

Any vert owners noticed a problem with the trim on the rear windows and the coating rubbing off? See pics. I hope not to have too many problems getting it replaced. This is only on the passenger side, the driver side is fine.

post-341-1201964809_thumb.jpg

post-341-1201964833_thumb.jpg

Any vert owners noticed a problem with the trim on the rear windows and the coating rubbing off? See pics. I hope not to have too many problems getting it replaced. This is only on the passenger side, the driver side is fine.

Warranty? Had both rear windows replaced and retinted when the trim cracked and broke at the top of the window. Dealer should be helpful.

• 3 weeks later...
good news mike.

Did you get your vert boot as well?

Yes I did. It is kind of wrong what they do to the dealers on the boot. It is not listed anywhere that the boot is a stock item yet if the dealer sells a GT500 Vert without one and later the buyer (me or you) find out it should have come with it, the dealer has to pay to get one for us. They (at least my dealer) was told they should have checked to be sure it was there before they sold the car.

Got the window replaced and adjusted today (under warranty). Looks great and should never rub again. This is the second time I have had a warranty issue and Kimnach Ford has done a top notch job! each time!

Archived