TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT 500 Book

sgt0027

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, When I get them I will post, please don't email me personally....lol I cant take orders now until I know how many I am getting. So, I promise, I wiull post here.

Amy

One of the signed leatherbound books & print just sold on eBay for $570. That's better than $690 for a new set, but my mind still scrambles at this price level generally. Rather take that kind of money and just pay down my car loan some more ...

But hey, if this book (unsigned, regular cover) is so desirable, then why is Team Shelby reduced to selling a few screwed-up copies? Reprint the thing and sell it for a decent price. The idea is for owners and fans of the car to be able to read about its history & design, yes?

Michael

Wow the book is only $ 686.25 what a deal!! I expected $ 5000.00 to 10,000

per book, because you know its for a good cause..... :barf:

No, that is for the Fender GT-500KR Guitar at $5,600.00 plus tax and license. Heck I could have picked up one of Clapton's guitars when he had his foundation auction for less than that...and that would have REAL value. Who do these people think they are? They are going after every dollar and think their sh*t doesn't stink. But I guess it's our fault because we all buy into this marketing hype!

Exactly, print some more. Make these crooks that bought them cheap just to resale higher feel bad.

Haven't you figured it out yet...THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU!!!

I'll lay odds that down the road they will force you to buy some high priced package to get one of these books. W.Wyss has published a wonderful book titled "Shelby" The man, the cars, the legend.

You can even purchase it on Amazon.

I wasn't refering to SAI, I was refering to people (even members on this site!) who buy up this stuff then turn around and try to sell it to us for 5 times as much.

I would love to have one of these $20 books, but not about to pay some crook $100 for it. Shameful.

I Agree

• 1 month later...
I wasn't refering to SAI, I was refering to people (even members on this site!) who buy up this stuff then turn around and try to sell it to us for 5 times as much.

I would love to have one of these $20 books, but not about to pay some crook $100 for it. Shameful.

It's called American Capitalizum and Free Market and so far it's the best system in the world!! If you don't believe it, just look around you at what you have!!

Truth?

So you make it a point to screw your friends to make a buck?

I do not.

I have offered many things Shelby that I have come across over the months at the cost I have received them, sometimes even for free and no shipping.

I see it a true shame that someone here would buy a book at $20 and turn around on this very forum and charge us $100 for the same book!!

It is one thing to run a business and charge a fair price to make a living, but another to screw your supposed friends out of a dollar.

Truth?

I do not.

I have offered many things Shelby that I have come across over the months at the cost I have received them, sometimes even for free and no shipping.

I see it a true shame that someone here would buy a book at $20 and turn around on this very forum and charge us $100 for the same book!!

It is one thing to run a business and charge a fair price to make a living, but another to screw your supposed friends out of a dollar.

+1 Snoopy

Truth?

I do not.

If someone has something for sale and someone else buys it cause he wants it and both are happy, then who got "screwed"?? Many "here" wanted a Shelby GT 500 so went to the sellers of them and paid as much as $20k over MSRP to have the car. Did they get "screwed"?? I'm sorry, but I just can't buy into the "oh poor me" syndrome of the post babyboomer generations. We are all reaping the benfits of a Free Market Society and it's never been better in history. :jackinbox:

Archived