TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SAAC sues Caroll Shelby

mrshelby2

I don't want to enter this frey...but some truth needs to be inserted where some wacky speculation exists.

SAAC has not had a real modern internet presence in the past...that most know.

That has changed.... for good.

SAAC needed a forum for members to communicate realtime and find out about what exactly was going on when this situation arose....

One was quickly built, and domain names were secured by those willing to volunteer.

"Who owns it" just means "who paid for it". The SAAC forum is run on behalf of SAAC and is it the official forum of SAAC.

It is administered by volunteer third parties, not paid third parties.

This had to be done quickly, since it is well known that unethical people tend to try and steal domain names and variations on names you own.

The SAAC Legal Fund is in place simply because this current mess ( the right to use some words and a snake picture) is going to be costly now that the legals are in play.

SAAC does not sell cars, hood scoops, wheels, mods or dipsticks.

Their revenue comes from dues from members.

The legal fees will be paid by dues from members.

That is why so many are very upset...the legal fight will threaten the existence of the club.

What would you do as a member? How would you feel? (Rhetorical, no answer required)

The Donation button on the SAAC forum goes directly to a Paypal account that is owned by SAAC, not to any individual. That can be verified by checking with Paypal.

The items on eBay are not being sold by SAAC, nor is it a SAAC program. It is grassroots. They are being sold by individual members who are voluntarily donating the proceeds to the cause.

Since every legal bill will subtract from the club's treasury...which has been filled by...members.

I can't speak for all SAAC members...and no one does except the management...but the 6000 members have not turned into Klingons that will vandalize your car at the next show.

Nor have TeamShelby members become the Borg, hell bent on total assimilation. (sorry for the ST reference. )

Together we are 8000 or so car guys who love the same brand. A lot of the SAAC guys are just lovin' the "brander" a little less these days.

A pause and ponder what it looks like from the SAAC member's side might explain to you (but maybe not excuse) the anger that has been expressed by a lot of guys online.

The other day elsewhere I said that you have to let the steam out of the boiler before you can fix it....it too shall settle down.

I don't think either club wishes the other harm and destruction at the member level.

I have a feeling most members just want this be be economically and equitably settled...and turn the page.

I don't care how we got here... I don't care who was right and who was wrong

What the hell is so bad about a fan club saying the "words" and using a snake picture?

I just want it to go away.

I am sure others feel the same way.

Thanks

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't want to enter this frey...but some truth needs to be inserted where some wacky speculation exists.

SAAC needed a forum for members to communicate realtime and find out about what exactly was going on when this situation arose....

One was quickly built, and domain names were secured by those willing to volunteer.

"Who owns it" just means "who paid for it". The SAAC forum is run on behalf of SAAC and is it the official forum of SAAC.

This had to be done quickly, since it is well known that unethical people tend to try and steal domain names and variations on names you own.

The SAAC Legal Fund is in place simply because this current mess ( the right to use some words and a snake picture) is going to be costly now that the legals are in play.

That is why so many are very upset...the legal fight will threaten the existence of the club.

What would you do as a member? How would you feel? (Rhetorical, no answer required)

The Donation button on the SAAC forum goes directly to a Paypal account that is owned by SAAC, not to any individual. That can be verified by checking with Paypal.

The items on eBay are not being sold by SAAC, nor is it a SAAC program. It is grassroots. They are being sold by individual members who are voluntarily donating the proceeds to the cause.

Since every legal bill will subtract from the club's treasury...which has been filled by...members.

I can't speak for all SAAC members...and no one does except the management...but the 6000 members have not turned into Klingons that will vandalize your car at the next show.

Nor have TeamShelby members become the Borg, hell bent on total assimilation. (sorry for the ST reference. )

Together we are 8000 or so car guys who love the same brand. A lot of the SAAC guys are just lovin' the "brander" a little less these days.

A pause and ponder what it looks like from the SAAC member's side might explain to you (but maybe not excuse) the anger that has been expressed by a lot of guys online.

The other day elsewhere I said that you have to let the steam out of the boiler before you can fix it....it too shall settle down.

I don't think either club wishes the other harm and destruction at the member level.

I have a feeling most members just want this be be economically and equitably settled...and turn the page.

What the hell is so bad about a fan club saying the "words" and using a snake picture?

Thanks

Good attempt at a civil post, Ron, but with an agenda, imo.

You say you don't want to enter the frey, yet you staunchly defend SAAC actions (or lack of) and just DID re enter it -- maybe even re-opened it?

The revenue comes from ONLY dues from members? Doubt that. What about SAAC events that use Shelby's name and marks to generate income same as used to attract club members. What about mocking Shelby at the next event with a look-alike Carroll Shelby for the dunk-tank. The SAAC website has become rather vile but I doubt it was put up because CS had been asking for that. It would seem it was put up specifically to rally foment unrest and rally the membership around Shelby hatred. A bit incongrous and totally transparent to any ovserver, imo.

Yet you choose not to address some of the questions others asked above. Why wasn't the license agreement terms met? Why was the nominal annual fee ($1) not paid? Maybe more importantly, why were annual financial statements not diligently (if ever) provided?

I saw an earlier refereence in this thread (that I intentionally chose to ignore in the interest of make-nice) to laches and estoppel. Could it be SAAC was baiting Shelby into a promissory estoppel from the very start of the contract? Would that not nullify the 'shield' of estoppel? Could it be SAAC never had any intentions of honoring the license agreement for that reason? Could it be the courts aren't naiive and may see right through that? Don't you think those videos show pre-planned manipulation? When did the Club turn for profit? Was Shelby/CSL notified of that before it was done? Were CS' original intentions in offering the sweetheart licensing deal in the context of a public-benefit club or a for-profit corporation? I don't know the answers to ALL these questions, but there are certainly a few who do. (Oh, by the way, as you said in your post, "Rhetorical, no answer required" <lol>)

Come on, stop derailing the conversation. If you couldn't tell, the discussion was actually starting to move toward constructive discussion. I realize that doesn't serve SAAC's purposes as they foment hatred of CS to raise money through FUD (fear, uncertainty, and doubt) feeding the "SAAC Legal Defense Fund". If you choose to keep derailing it here, I will respond in kind on your track. If you don't want that, please stop doing what you're doing.

Look, your post above is re-baiting this, imo, under the guise of explaining things. You say the truth needs to be inserted but it appears merely to be a convenient way to be disruptive. You're clearly close to SAAC. You're an SAAC registrar (in training still?). You have the advantage of only saying what serves their puspose (if you so choose) while the Team Shelby folks stay largely silent to keep the peace and no further divide feelings. All I can do is ask questions. Questions that will certainly be answered at some point, just maybe not here -- and will be answered too, jut maybe not here. I'll stop asking them if you/others stop with what appears to be the SAAC party line (clear from across other websites too).

Sorry, I can't categorically claim, like you, that I'm inserting the truth because I'm not an 'insider' like you, but I am asking questions, as are others, that might get to the truth. There are many other things I could also position as the truth, but it would inappropriate and disingenuous for me to do that, so I haven't ...and won't.

Ron, I've enjoyed some of our discussions on the Shelby Forums site but this site has publically asked us all to take the high road.

---

(moderator, please feel free to remove this post if you feel so inclined. If so I would encourage removing computerworks post too.)

It is because of your disinformation on this and other sites that I actually made the post...which is not provocative in any way, despite how you spin it.

Of course I have an agenda... that's obvious to anyone. Agendas are not bad.

I am sorry but you don't know enough about the whole enchilada to debate me on it.

And I will not do that here and fall for your attempt to misdirect the intention of my post.

Nice tactic to get my post removed and let the rest of TS not see what I have offered as explanations for their concerns.

If you want to discuss it. I'd be glad to do it offline.

Thanks

wacky speculation?

You are kidding, right? In this day and age!

If you let off steam and burn everyone in doing so, you'll be fixing a boiler you don't need anymore.

It is because of your disinformation on this and other sites that I actually made the post...which is not provocative in any way, despite how you spin it.

I am sorry but you don't know enough about the whole enchilada to debate me on it.

And I will not do that here and fall for your attempt to misdirect the intention of my post.

Nice tactic to get my post removed and let the rest of TS not see what I have offered as explanations for their concerns.

YOU, should be a politician. You get to say your peace, but when simple questions are asked, questions that frankly get to the heart of the matter, you side step.

Just answer the questions or dont bother posting again, since you are closer to the details than we are, you can set us straight!

But alas, I doubt you will offer any direct answers to the questions 68 asked, cause that dog just wont hunt.

I don't want either post removed.

Ron, I would love to discuss it offline but I don't want to entrench myself in this -- there'd be no point. Besides, you can't spill all the details anyway. I do appreciate the offer tho.

Dan

May I make a very polite and calm suggestion.

If you aren't in the loop with Kopec and really don't know whats going on, please don't speak on anyones behalf. Kick a trash can, smash a coffee cup against the wall, but don't post.

You just said, and I quote:

"SAAC does not sell cars, hood scoops, wheels, mods or dipsticks.

The legal fees will be paid by dues from members."

I isn't doing anyone, including Rick, any good to hear you go on and on about something that isn't true.

SAAC sells pins, stickers, memorabila, magazines, hats, shirts, and the list goes on and on. I would call the chunk of the Riverside wall memorabilia.

All sold to anyone, memeber or not, and there's nothing wrong with that. Don't come in other forums and just out and out lie. That even makes members and supporters angry.

Let Rick handle it and bite your tongue when you get mad and want to add something. Your making matters worse for Rick than they already are

Please, just stop

ShelbyGuy

I don't want either post removed.

Ron, I would love to discuss it offline but I don't want to entrench myself in this -- there'd be no point. Besides, you can't spill all the details anyway. I do appreciate the offer tho.

Dan

yep..its $$$$$$$$$$$money$$$$$$$$$$$$..pure and simple...i knew the arrogance would finally do us in...the cars got left behind 20 years ago....yep bible is right..its MONEY..now lets see which party gets its butt handed to it in the courtroom....this may compete with "as the world turns" before long..all we need is TIDE advertisements showing up...snoots out...goin go chase bad guys now

Guys, there is a lot of hurt feelings on both side, There is a lot of anger on both sides, both side have points of views and I have no issue with someone who states their opinion in a adult manner.

I don't think due to the tensions that this can be debated here. This is certainly no fun for either side. Ron has his opinion, I have mine, he is out numbered here. Let him have his opinions, we like Ron, and I have had good conversations with him before during and hopefully after.

There will be an end one way, another, but there will be an end, lets shoot for peace and an end where we are all still talking..

Gentlemen????? please

Amy

PS, Ron, please no more ST refrences I am still tennder from the Borg queen comments............... :hysterical2: kidding

Amy

Good attempt at a civil post, Ron, but with an agenda, imo.

You say you don't want to enter the frey, yet you staunchly defend SAAC actions (or lack of) and just DID re enter it -- maybe even re-opened it?

The revenue comes from ONLY dues from members? Doubt that. What about SAAC events that use Shelby's name and marks to generate income same as used to attract club members. What about mocking Shelby at the next event with a look-alike Carroll Shelby for the dunk-tank. The SAAC website has become rather vile but I doubt it was put up because CS had been asking for that. It would seem it was put up specifically to rally foment unrest and rally the membership around Shelby hatred. A bit incongrous and totally transparent to any ovserver, imo.

Yet you choose not to address some of the questions others asked above. Why wasn't the license agreement terms met? Why was the nominal annual fee ($1) not paid? Maybe more importantly, why were annual financial statements not diligently (if ever) provided?

I saw an earlier refereence in this thread (that I intentionally chose to ignore in the interest of make-nice) to laches and estoppel. Could it be SAAC was baiting Shelby into a promissory estoppel from the very start of the contract? Would that not nullify the 'shield' of estoppel? Could it be SAAC never had any intentions of honoring the license agreement for that reason? Could it be the courts aren't naiive and may see right through that? Don't you think those videos show pre-planned manipulation? When did the Club turn for profit? Was Shelby/CSL notified of that before it was done? Were CS' original intentions in offering the sweetheart licensing deal in the context of a public-benefit club or a for-profit corporation? I don't know the answers to ALL these questions, but there are certainly a few who do. (Oh, by the way, as you said in your post, "Rhetorical, no answer required" <lol>)

Come on, stop derailing the conversation. If you couldn't tell, the discussion was actually starting to move toward constructive discussion. I realize that doesn't serve SAAC's purposes as they foment hatred of CS to raise money through FUD (fear, uncertainty, and doubt) feeding the "SAAC Legal Defense Fund". If you choose to keep derailing it here, I will respond in kind on your track. If you don't want that, please stop doing what you're doing.

Look, your post above is re-baiting this, imo, under the guise of explaining things. You say the truth needs to be inserted but it appears merely to be a convenient way to be disruptive. You're clearly close to SAAC. You're an SAAC registrar (in training still?). You have the advantage of only saying what serves their puspose (if you so choose) while the Team Shelby folks stay largely silent to keep the peace and no further divide feelings. All I can do is ask questions. Questions that will certainly be answered at some point, just maybe not here -- and will be answered too, jut maybe not here. I'll stop asking them if you/others stop with what appears to be the SAAC party line (clear from across other websites too).

Sorry, I can't categorically claim, like you, that I'm inserting the truth because I'm not an 'insider' like you, but I am asking questions, as are others, that might get to the truth. There are many other things I could also position as the truth, but it would inappropriate and disingenuous for me to do that, so I haven't ...and won't.

Ron, I've enjoyed some of our discussions on the Shelby Forums site but this site has publically asked us all to take the high road.

---

(moderator, please feel free to remove this post if you feel so inclined. If so I would encourage removing computerworks post too.)

Dude, that was a flame, not the "high road". How 'bout some solutions?

Guys, there is a piece of Art drawn by Buzz from the club cobra site, that is, if you are Carroll or myself, a bit insulting, but to delete it, when it is on the other sites I am not sure is the right thing. I have posted to the thread on the club cobra site. Parody is parody , so I take it as such.

This issue with SAAC management and carroll has affected many on both sides. I want to make this clear.

If I can take this, and take the high road, I would like all of you to do the same. We really now more then ever need to focus ahead, maybe this will end and end well and if it does, those that stoop to those vile levels will not recover.

Its how you act during the worst of times is how you will be remembered in the best of times, I am sure someone said that, if not, I have a new tag line....

Thank you all who stay above the fray.....

Thank you

Amy

Shame on those people.

Thanks

Ron,

I've read your other posts while lurking here, you seem to be a straight forward level headed guy. Seeing the responses from those who seem threatened by your words makes me embarrassed to say I own a late model Shelby and belong to this site. Then again I was the brunt of several of these mindless attacks when I started this thread. I've read a ton of stuff between that time and this morning and found out exactly what I needed to. I agree that both sides are heated up, but eventually as Amy B. has already said things will work out one way or the other. For now I'll go back to lurk mode as I'm sure I'll now be attacked by the same mindless wonders who have done so to the two of us since the inception of this thread. Stir the pot they will because they need to feel self important. How truly sad that is when you think about it.

Mr S.

Calling yourself Mr.Shelby2 is an insult to the man himself.

I don't go to the SAAC site because of all the hate their, but yet you folks don't mind coming here & :stirpot: or playing the :devil: advacate.

Not that it's any of your business, but for the record, that is MY last name. Just no relation to THE Mr Shelby. Once again I just knew someone would attack me because they felt threatened. Sorry Amy, but I just cannot tolerate this type of hatred, especially from those who seem to have more than enough posts to know better. it's as if they feel that I owe them something because I am new here, as if this was their own personal playground. Is this type of idiocy tolerated here, or do the moderators actually take action, regardless of a new member or an old member crossing the code of ethics line here?

Mr S.

Not that it's any of your business, but for the record, that is MY last name. Just no relation to THE Mr Shelby. Once again I just knew someone would attack me because they felt threatened. Sorry Amy, but I just cannot tolerate this type of hatred, especially from those who seem to have more than enough posts to know better. it's as if they feel that I owe them something because I am new here, as if this was their own personal playground. Is this type of idiocy tolerated here, or do the moderators actually take action, regardless of a new member or an old member crossing the code of ethics line here?

Mr S.

Sorry MS, i was about to tell CW that your name is Shelby but you posted before i could get to it. Thats my fault.

michael morris

Sorry MS, i was about to tell CW that your name is Shelby but you posted before i could get to it. Thats my fault.

michael morris

Michael,

Thanks, but it still does not excuse his rudeness to me. Again it seems as if some forget that thyey too had to start off as a new member when they first joined. Could you imagine if they were treated as I have been, I'll bet they would not longer be here. I just have a semi thicker skin, but still I do expect to be treated with the same respect as everyone else expects me to treat them. I guess here it's a lot different than I thought it would be.

Mr S.

I consider myself a fairly unpolitical guy and have not ventured much in the TS waters. I finally signed up with Stangs Unleashed right after some of this Shelby stuff happened, but it was still called Stangs Unleashed. I had been a long time lurker and figured it'd be a good time as any to start posting. Well I started getting my arse handed to me if I did not go along with them party lines, which seem to be getting more rigid over here with lots of post changing, deletions, etc.

I though I had found a new home here, but don't get a good feeling here, so I'm just gonna go back to lurking agin before I git :censored: .

I like cars and not politics, I guess reruns on Speed would be better than what I'm reading here. Pretty sad.

I consider myself a fairly unpolitical guy and have not ventured much in the TS waters. I finally signed up with Stangs Unleashed right after some of this Shelby stuff happened, but it was still called Stangs Unleashed. I had been a long time lurker and figured it'd be a good time as any to start posting. Well I started getting my arse handed to me if I did not go along with them party lines, which seem to be getting more rigid over here with lots of post changing, deletions, etc.

I though I had found a new home here, but don't get a good feeling here, so I'm just gonna go back to lurking agin before I git :censored: .

I like cars and not politics, I guess reruns on Speed would be better than what I'm reading here. Pretty sad.

Welcome & don`t be a lurker . The one nice thing is you don`t have to read some of the forum topics , there lots of other car topics on this forum . Looks like you have a couple interesting cars is that 69` BOSS?

...just spent way too much of my life reading a few threads over on SAAC and a couple of other sites. It is interesting to see that most of the SAAC supporters in those threads are saying very hateful things, plus accusing team shelby members of being the negative ones. Then I come back here, and I see some of the same negative posters trying to stir things up here, apparently to try to get us to say the negative things they are accusing us of.

I think we should just ignore/shun the negative posters; without the attention they are hoping for, I am sure they will just leave in frustration. It has become an emotional issue with them, and no amount of facts presented to them will matter.

Remember Ignore & Shun :superhero:

BOWTIETR: I agree with you 100% some of these people just seem to want to make a lot of noise and love the attention it gets them, just let them ramble on and if you ignore them they will eventually go away!! I joined this club to learn about my Shelby GT and to here about what others have to say about their rides Mods and other interesting car stories. For the most part that has been the case to date. It also keeps me out of trouble while I patiently wait for my Shelby to arrive.

Archived