TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SAAC sues Caroll Shelby

mrshelby2

So what is the story here, SAAC suing Caroll Shelby, Caroll Shelby suing SAAC, I just don't get it. Can't these two just learn to get along with one another? Why is it that Shelby opened this can of worms in the first place? Only the lawyers will benefit on this one? Must be room on this planet for two Shelby related clubs regardless of one being for profit and the other not.

Mr S.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We put this in the past before the bash.....let's keep it that way!

There's more things to talk about like......who's waiting for a KR?

Super Snake or Not ???

Where's the next party?

Time to close this down!

Sheesh, I did not see anything on this, read it on another forum and you guys throw me under the bus about it. All I asked was a simple unbiased question, I suppose asking for a straight answer was too much. Guess I'll leave you ego guys to bash me some more and I'll search around for someplace else to hang out. Thought there was intelligent people here.

Mr S. (yes, my real last name).

Sheesh, I did not see anything on this, read it on another forum and you guys throw me under the bus about it. All I asked was a simple unbiased question, I suppose asking for a straight answer was too much. Guess I'll leave you ego guys to bash me some more and I'll search around for someplace else to hang out. Thought there was intelligent people here.

Lot's of people in the past have stirred up crap on this. We are wore out on it. Many heated discussions and hurt feelings. Many closed threads due to personal attacks. Yes I am tired of this topic.

No need to call us stupid or ego heads. You could go over to the SAAC forums and find a ton of info and hate on the subject if you want.

We just want to enjoy the cars and not deal with the hate.

You will be sensored soon...

Just FYI- lets just say you struck a nerve with that topic, and it is kind of a bitter subject for all parties. The users here have done our best to try to stay out of it, because there is no side to choose. Its just not any of our business since we can't make a completely informed decision, and are not privy to all the facts. Let's just see if this works itself out without creating any more fuel for the fire...

and yes- we are all just a bunch of slack jawed yokals around these parts! :hysterical:

Do a search for saac and lawyers and I think you will find what you seek.

BTW- Grabber- you sir are a steely eyed missle man- and in the words of the 2nd joker( I loose count)- Where does he get all these wonderful toys!? Love the dead horse collection!

All of the topics on this subject eventually turn into "us vs them".

In the little pub I frequent, we have rules:

We don't talk about politics

We don't talk about religion.

That is (by and large) the rule here.

I'd add:

We don't talk about SAAC and Shelby.

Nothing productive comes of it.

Now that we've seen beaten horses, how about letting the sleeping dog lie?

(Add cute picture here, but I don't have one :) )

Censored for what, asking a simple and unbiased question? Again if this is the way you treat new members, I'll take my cars and go elsewhere.

Mr S.

mrshelby

It is not that you aren't welcome, go to the SAAC site today and look at the comments directed to this site and you will see why we do not, and will not allow it here. They choose to adopt a scorched earth policy toward this issue, we choose to stay neutral and not interact with them here. If that is what you want to discuss, you will not find it here. If you wish to talk about our cars, events, driving, or most any other subject, please post.

We are trying to keep it civil.

Rick M

mrshelby

It is not that you aren't welcome, go to the SAAC site today and look at the comments directed to this site and you will see why we do not, and will not allow it here. They choose to adopt a scorched earth policy toward this issue, we choose to stay neutral and not interact with them here. If that is what you want to discuss, you will not find it here. If you wish to talk about our cars, events, driving, or most any other subject, please post.

We are trying to keep it civil.

Rick M

Well said.

Ve4mm, You have posted this yesterday as well, everyone has seen it and it's in the other post.

Guys, I agree, this is between the parties, It has been discussed and discussed and the other site has been nasty and insulting and I will not join into that. This site is about the cars, and enjoying those cars.

The Shelby/ SAAC issue will be settled elsewhere, not here.

If you all feel the need to discuss this issue here, please keep it civil, respectful, do not insult either side or call names, keep it at a propor discussion tone, thank you.

Amy

I am new to this forum and I ask a similar question and you people jumped all over my ass about it. My topic was taken off . Mr. shelby 2 is a new member and he asked the dreaded taboo question and you guys jumped his ass. So what is up with that? Sort of like living in china around here.

Censored for what, asking a simple and unbiased question? Again if this is the way you treat new members, I'll take my cars and go elsewhere.

Mr S.

Mr S you will NOT be censored. 39mustang like to stir the pot and make comments like that.

Im sorry if i came across like i was attacking you, but we have had ALOT of posts on this and they never turn out good.

Welcome to TeamShelby and please hang around and post some. look forward to reading some of your posts

michael morris

We will not censor these posts as long as they are not directly insulting or threatening, If you have a something to say that is not flammatory, then feel free to post your opinion.

No posts will be censored unless they violate the above rules.

Sharon

I am new to this forum and I ask a similar question and you people jumped all over my ass about it. My topic was taken off . Mr. shelby 2 is a new member and he asked the dreaded taboo question and you guys jumped his ass. So what is up with that? Sort of like living in china around here.

Sudden, My personal apologies if that has happened. This site and it's members have been watching this for months, they have been insulted and in some cases have lashed out. Like any family they also try to protect. It is not the intention of Team Shelby to insult or censor. I have talked to Robert and Sharon and these posts should stay if they are done without insult to either side. There are a lot to great people on this site, please read some of the other posts.

Amy

Mr S.

Mrshelby2

Welcome to the forum hope you don`t get too upset as most people on this site are great people, but with everything that has transpired regarding this issue alot of people have had enough & we all agreed to let it run its coarse with legal beagles. So hang in there I `am sure you will enjoy this forum . So tell us about your car or cars

I didn't see anyone "bash" you, but you might have felt a little put off. No need to do what you are complaining about ("ego guys," "intelligent people," etc.). There are plenty of enthusiastic posters here, just not too many who want to discuss the gossip and insults.

Mr S and Sudden;

Welcome to TS...we do have varied topics, to say the least some are touchie...but not worry!

Check out our upcoming events .....ie: Flint Hills Fest....and join in. currently I'm trying to keep the "great ground hog" :superhero: cooking in our Off Topic Forum...always time worth while.

Again, welcome!

Thank you for the kind words, but if this club is to grow with new members then they should be treated a little better by the people that have been on here a while. Just because they do not want to talk about old subjects then they do not have to, but if new people what to say something on an old topic ,then they should . There attitude is like,"o.k. we talked about this 3 months ago so just drop it". Is that any way to treat new members on old threads? A little work is needed here. Sudden.

Sudden,

You're absolutely right. As AmyB pointed out, there's nothing wrong with a civil discussion about things. I, for one, am just tired of those who come here just to stir the pot and NOT do it in a civil, honest way (not saying that's you, but they know who they are). Go to SAAC's forum if you want to get in on the sponsored and encouraged hate-fest. For as much preaching as they do about "it's all about the cars," there doesn't seem to be much car talk over there. Too bad for them, I guess. :(

this place is the rodney king of shelby owners..problem for me personally is i do somewhat agree with this sites assment of the legal problems involving the 2 clubs...we can bitch and moan all we want ..in the end it is out of our hands and their is not a damn thing we can do about it anyway...im not involved..dont own a shelby (love the cars though)..and could really care less...

Mr. Shelby, a big Howdy from the great state of Texas. This is an excellent site and you will gather a wealth of knowledge from many of these folks. You have a fair question and make a fair point. There is plenty of information on this dispute on other venues should you care to research and form an opinion from the information that is available.

As many have pointed out, unfortunately, this topic has been counter productive to the spirit of the forum. Most agree that this is a lose-lose situation so we have chosen to express our views and opinions in regards to the litigation in other places.

Perhaps a more complete explanation of past difficulties was in order for a new member.

Let me say again, welcome aboard.

Don

I am also new and I appreciated reading this thread to learn about the decision to take the high road and the member's concern to maintain civility. Please keep this thread. It turned around for the good.

A dead horse topic is not a dead horse topic to someone who has just joined the forum. I too would have been put off by a response to a question I asked that said it was old news/beat to death/etc...

My approach to something like this would either be to simply put them onto a thread that answers the question, or simply just ignore the post and move on. No one enjoys being "corrected" or lectured to in a public forum. :banghead:

I haven't been in this club long myself, but I have been treated very well in my time here and made to feel welcome. In fact I met Sharon at Barrett-Jackson this year (thanks for the poster and the Poker Chip!!) and she couldn't have been any nicer. :happy feet:

Anyway, that's my two-cents on this "Dead Horse" :hysterical2:

A dead horse topic is not a dead horse topic to someone who has just joined the forum. I too would have been put off by a response to a question I asked that said it was old news/beat to death/etc...

My approach to something like this would either be to simply put them onto a thread that answers the question, or simply just ignore the post and move on. No one enjoys being "corrected" or lectured to in a public forum. :banghead:

I haven't been in this club long myself, but I have been treated very well in my time here and made to feel welcome. In fact I met Sharon at Barrett-Jackson this year (thanks for the poster and the Poker Chip!!) and she couldn't have been any nicer. :happy feet:

Anyway, that's my two-cents on this "Dead Horse" :hysterical2:

+1

I agree people should be able to discuss this issue even if it has already been covered before, again we will not censor opinions even if they are negative.

We want people to have a place to state there feelings about the things that are happening.

Again as long as opinions are stated civil they will stay.

This is a very emotional issue and many people have strong feelings on both sides and both sides should have a place to say what they are feeling with out being Criticized for there opinion or censored.

This thread will stay open, and people will be allowed to post there opinions.

There will be no personal attacks allowed. Each person is allowed to have there opinions and even if you do not agree please keep the disagreements civil even with this emotional issues.

The only time these threads will be sensored is when it gets on a personal level and start attacking other forum members for there opinions, these posts will be edited if you personally attack some one from either side it will not be allowed.

Sharon

this place is the rodney king of shelby owners..problem for me personally is i do somewhat agree with this sites assment of the legal problems involving the 2 clubs...we can bitch and moan all we want ..in the end it is out of our hands and their is not a damn thing we can do about it anyway...im not involved..dont own a shelby (love the cars though)..and could really care less...

If Rodney would have been driving a Shelby, the cops would have never caught him.

Archived