TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SAAC sues Caroll Shelby

mrshelby2

Michael,

Thanks, but it still does not excuse his rudeness to me. Again it seems as if some forget that thyey too had to start off as a new member when they first joined. Could you imagine if they were treated as I have been, I'll bet they would not longer be here. I just have a semi thicker skin, but still I do expect to be treated with the same respect as everyone else expects me to treat them. I guess here it's a lot different than I thought it would be.

Mr S.

Mr. Shelby2,

Please forgive my rudeness, but your last name can/could be taken as a slap in the face to some here especially with so many SAAC supporters coming over here on purpose & making new screen names that mock, putdown, degrade or humiliate the man himself & then start spouting off about how their club is being ruined by the man who allowed them to use his name. If you are genuine & sincere about being here, please stay & enjoy all the things we have to offer (knowledge & mods). Again sorry if I offended you, and welcome to Team Shelby

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr. Shelby2,

Please forgive my rudeness, but your last name can/could be taken as a slap in the face to some here especially with so many SAAC supporters coming over here on purpose & making new screen names that mock, putdown, degrade or humiliate the man himself & then start spouting off about how their club is being ruined by the man who allowed them to use his name. If you are genuine & sincere about being here, please stay & enjoy all the things we have to offer (knowledge & mods). Again sorry if I offended you, and welcome to Team Shelby

Coldwater,

Once more you start off on the right foot but right in the middle, now in red you go right back to that same rude and obnoxious attitude towards a new forum member. Maybe it is just the way I am reading it but it seems to me like once more I need to prove myself to you and the mods. Not a great way to add a member to your ranks is it. Look at it from my perspective and you will see just how badly your posts are, especially the ones aimed directly at me. Do I support SAAC, sure I do, do I support TS, sure I do as it is not about the people, but about the cars that gets me going. Late model or early young or old, it makes no difference to me because I am one of those car people who sets aside the politics and tries to cohabitate with all of the other car people. Answer me this, are you a car person too? If so, then why should you worry or care about what one corporation and to do with another corporation? Why can't you just let the lawyers sort it out and leave the real enthusiasts to enjoy their cars? Think about it before you type up a retort.

Mr S.

Coldwater,

Once more you start off on the right foot but right in the middle, now in red you go right back to that same rude and obnoxious attitude towards a new forum member. Maybe it is just the way I am reading it but it seems to me like once more I need to prove myself to you and the mods. Not a great way to add a member to your ranks is it. Look at it from my perspective and you will see just how badly your posts are, especially the ones aimed directly at me. Do I support SAAC, sure I do, do I support TS, sure I do as it is not about the people, but about the cars that gets me going. Late model or early young or old, it makes no difference to me because I am one of those car people who sets aside the politics and tries to cohabitate with all of the other car people. Answer me this, are you a car person too? If so, then why should you worry or care about what one corporation and to do with another corporation? Why can't you just let the lawyers sort it out and leave the real enthusiasts to enjoy their cars? Think about it before you type up a retort.

Mr S.

Kinda like a Seinfeld episode, an apology for the apology. :hysterical:

George is NOT happy !!!!

As one of the Mods here I would like to chime in. First of a welcome to MrShelby2 and Cajones. I think everyone is just getting a little too defensive on these matters that quite frankly we as enthusiasts have no control over.

Having said that, as Mods we've been asked to be less trigger happy on cleaning up posts. Yet, when we try to let a conversation run its course we're being criticized for not intervening. So ...... how do you want it? Dirty Harry or Pee Wee Hermann? :) Just trying to lighten things up here. SVTBIRD makes a very good point though. Seems like so much is being focused on matters we have no control over that we're forgetting what brought us all here in the first place. Awesome rides! New or Old.

Personally, my biggest dilemas right now are will I be able to afford the KR that I've been in line to get since Oct/06. If I can't, what do I do to my car? SS it? 605 or 725? Do I go completely off the wall and go twin 57mm hairdryers? Maybe I should start another thread for opinions huh?

Coldwater,

Mr S.

Mr.S, since you're a real car person too and you started this thread, possibly you could share your own answer to the above question you asked too?

Hopefully you'll also explore othersections/ threads and will find a lot of enjoyable car information on this site. Coldy can speak for himself but, since you're new here, I just wanted to mention that I also didn't read his appology as intending to be rude or obnoxious and I've chatted with him for close to two years now, I think. There are some 18,000 members here now, so I think we all have a shared responsibility to enjoy what suits us here sharing out interests and knowledge along the way. I think if you scout around this site you'll see just how willing everyone is to help others on virtually any topic. Personally, I like engineering/tech discussions but also enjoy a lot of the off-topic fun stuff. To each his/her own.

Hope you stick around and enjoy all this site has to offer -- it is truly an amazing community of enthusiasts, imo. I know only a little about the early Cobras from back when I was a teen growing up, so I'm kinda looking forward to more Cobra chat that I lurk around to start learning more about them -- awesome cars!!!

Please don't take this the wrong way, but you can skip over me for the cohabitation part :P (<--that was humor, I swear!! ;) Have fun...

Dan

As one of the Mods here I would like to chime in. First of a welcome to MrShelby2 and Cajones. I think everyone is just getting a little too defensive on these matters that quite frankly we as enthusiasts have no control over.

Having said that, as Mods we've been asked to be less trigger happy on cleaning up posts. Yet, when we try to let a conversation run its course we're being criticized for not intervening. So ...... how do you want it? Dirty Harry or Pee Wee Hermann? :) Just trying to lighten things up here. SVTBIRD makes a very good point though. Seems like so much is being focused on matters we have no control over that we're forgetting what brought us all here in the first place. Awesome rides! New or Old.

Personally, my biggest dilemas right now are will I be able to afford the KR that I've been in line to get since Oct/06. If I can't, what do I do to my car? SS it? 605 or 725? Do I go completely off the wall and go twin 57mm hairdryers? Maybe I should start another thread for opinions huh?

...and we call him Wrong-way Kaylan around here :hysterical:

<remember Wrong-way Corrigan?>

Go with the DIRTY HARRY approach & the 725 H.P you can get longer burn outs. :hysterical:

Go for the (no-warranty) 725, you will always wonder what it was like if you didn't.

You will also win the bar stool racing award!

If you want the warranty and the ease of keeping it looking unmodded, you can go with the SS600 and get a 2.7 pulley for the TVS and Evo's tune for +/-650 at the wheels ...and easily return it to a 'stock' looking SS600 in an hour. Imo, the TVS is an outstandingly piece.

Guys, guys guys.............

Again, feelings run deep and people are sensitive right now.

Mr.Shelby, It has been a bit rough, many of these guys have just been trying to defend us and quite frankly me. I agree we should not be rude, we should really just move on and if anyone can't dicuss the issues intelligently without anger, we shouldn't answer. I appologize that anyone on this site would be offended, by any member here.

We need to stay above this guys! I really do not want us in the fray . This is going to take a while and we need to focus on the cars, and moving forward. We just can't stop and focus on this everyday, it wears you down mentally and phyically. It's bad for the hobby.

Thank you all, lets all just try and focus ahead.... spring is coming!

Amy

• 1 month later...

Archived