TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT/SC

I have an 08' SGT that I modified with a Whipple intercooled S/C, kooks headers and a Magnaflow 3" cat back exhaust. Running 11 psi and dyno shows at 510 BHP and 495 Lb s of Torque at the RW's.

The problem is I had to remove the FRP strut brace as it doesn't clear the intake.

What suggestions do you have? Will one from a GT500 fit?

P.S. I also had the mirrors epoxied and painted Vista Blue ...... big improvment! Have a pair of Torque thrust wheels being widened to 11" so that I can hopefully get some 300+ rubber on the back.

I have an 08' SGT that I modified with a Whipple intercooled S/C, kooks headers and a Magnaflow 3" cat back exhaust. Running 11 psi and dyno shows at 510 BHP and 495 Lb s of Torque at the RW's.

The problem is I had to remove the FRP strut brace as it doesn't clear the intake.

P.S. I also had the mirrors epoxied and painted Vista Blue ...... big improvment! Have a pair of Torque thrust wheels being widened to 11" so that I can hopefully get some 300+ rubber on the back.

Unfortunately there is currently no strut tower brace that fits the Whipple. Been there and am currently still looking for one. There is VERY little, if ANY room for one with the stock or CS hood. As it is, the Cold Air intake tube rubs the underhood liner in 2 or 3 different places.

Welcome to the board. You will find much useful information from some very knowledgable owners here.

I've been wondering the same thing re: the GT500 unit. Is their hood taller than ours? With a similar SC set up, you would think that it would fit (isn't the 5.4 deck higher than the 4.6?). My neighbor has an 07 GT500, but I haven't worked up the nerve to ask if we could try test fitting his brace in my car (and without a SC myself, I'm not sure if it would clear one even if it were to fit under the hood).

Archived