TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dealer Lottery for 2nd round scheduling

sbornitz

I don't think anyone does not appreciate input either way... I think the fact of the matter here is there is conflicting information coming from Ford (at various levels).

The info I was given also contradicts 442forever's info. In my case, the info comes from the owner (not mgr) of the dealership who has nothing to gain by giving me incorrect info. This person was a friend long before I decided I wanted to try to get a Shelby and took it on herself to hook me up when she found out I was intereste in one. She has been giving me information as she finds out and said quite plainly to me the reason for the holdup on taking my order information is that her dealership could not actually place the order until it was determined when they would receive their allotment and that this delivery 'order' was being determined by some drawing/lottery process. My intuition was to figure this was for the 'share of the nation' cars since some SVT and President's dealerships have already had more than one.

Not sure what is right at this point. All I can say for sure is my order still has not been taken because the dealership my friend is part owner of hasn't been told when they will receive their GT500.

Tell you what... if this is the best distribution of information Ford can manage, I'll soon be looking to order an '08 Hemi Challenger or '09 Nissan GT-R. If that happens, Ford can expect I'll never buy *any* of their products in the future. This has to be the worst new model rollout I've ever experienced for a car or any product. :wacko:

I can tell you one thing that is a fact - you will NEVER get your car through the order / build/ship process if you are never allowed to place an order in the first place. With the exception of cars that are already built being given away by Ford to dealers, each dealer MUST place an order for their GT500 allocation(s).

They will never get a build date of their allocation unless there is an order placed against that allocation and that order gets pulled for production. I think the info you are getting, is being mis-spoken or mis-interpreted somewhere along the way.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys,

JC is just trying to help out and provide the info he was given by his rep, and I can't think of any reason someone also waiting for their car would intentionally drop bad info on this forum. He's in the same boat we're in, and just trying to help everyone else out by posting what he has been told.

Cut him a break, and let's all chill and go have a beer! :party:

Mike.

Did someone say beer? :party:

I can tell you one thing that is a fact - you will NEVER get your car through the order / build/ship process if you are never allowed to place an order in the first place. With the exception of cars that are already built being given away by Ford to dealers, each dealer MUST place an order for their GT500 allocation(s).

They will never get a build date of their allocation unless there is an order placed against that allocation and that order gets pulled for production. I think the info you are getting, is being mis-spoken or mis-interpreted somewhere along the way.

My dealer says he's getting 2 & guy #1 has already placed his order 3 weeks ago, but they tell me I have to wait? :rant: so tell me what the deal is then if you know something the rest of us don't? I can't make my dealer order it or take a deposit. Some how the Rep's are controlling what the dealers get & when they get them. Anyone know a rep 1st hand for the real story? :sos:

If a 22 year senior zone rep for ford tells me it's bogus, it's bogus. Period.

And as for legit, the allocation order has not changed since day one. It was posted on this site by isellford and 5ohb back in April or May. So it further scrutinizes your claim to validity.

THIS IS SIMPLY NOT TRUE and is demonstrated every day in this forum. Dealers are getting 2nd, 3rd and 4th cars pulled and produced when select dealers cannot get thier first and only car scheduled. This for orders entered on first day of availability March 14th. If Ford had stuck to its word on the order of production I would not be nearly as upset with this whole process. Worship your dealer zone rep all you want but if he is representing that Ford is building orders in the sequence posted then he is out right wrong. :shrug:

Please clarify on this. I understand what you are saying. Based on your statement above, what I'm wondering is the dealer needs to commit to ordering one or more GT500s or if they need a *specific* order (i.e. red convertible w/premium interior, etc, etc).

Regardless, I'm going to call my contact this weekend and get the lowdown on my order. I'd think by now they should be ready to take my order details even if they have to hold that info to place the specific order (based on what others are saying here). If not... well then Ford loses a sale because there is a HUGE car show coming to my area in a few weeks and there are always some choice late 60s vintage cars for sale. If I cannot get a solid confirmation on ordering a Shelby by then, I'll take the $40K I have set aside for a new car in my bank account right now and just go to the Auto show and buy some vintage Detroit muscle instead of one of these.

Please clarify on this. I understand what you are saying. Based on your statement above, what I'm wondering is the dealer needs to commit to ordering one or more GT500s or if they need a *specific* order (i.e. red convertible w/premium interior, etc, etc).

Regardless, I'm going to call my contact this weekend and get the lowdown on my order. I'd think by now they should be ready to take my order details even if they have to hold that info to place the specific order (based on what others are saying here). If not... well then Ford loses a sale because there is a HUGE car show coming to my area in a few weeks and there are always some choice late 60s vintage cars for sale. If I cannot get a solid confirmation on ordering a Shelby by then, I'll take the $40K I have set aside for a new car in my bank account right now and just go to the Auto show and buy some vintage Detroit muscle instead of one of these.

That's what I'm talking about...vote with your wallet. Buy a Camaro! Whoops...did I say that? :ohsnap:

Dave

THIS IS SIMPLY NOT TRUE and is demonstrated every day in this forum. Dealers are getting 2nd, 3rd and 4th cars pulled and produced when select dealers cannot get thier first and only car scheduled. This for orders entered on first day of availability March 14th. If Ford had stuck to its word on the order of production I would not be nearly as upset with this whole process. Worship your dealer zone rep all you want but if he is representing that Ford is building orders in the sequence posted then he is out right wrong. :shrug:

Wrong, Select dealers have been getting Shelby's scheduled........Ford is following the guidelines they laid out to the dealers in regards to scheduling. If you don't want to believe it that is up to you. There are 4000K+ dealers in this country, not every dealer is getting a unit scheduled in the first two months. It is impossible. But there did start pulling Select dealer orders before any SVT full line or Focus dealer had a second unit pulled.

:rant: This thread isn't helping. My PSDS is reaching critical levels. Me need information. Where's my car?!?! :banghead:

I am pissed. I ordered my car before the Coupe that has already been delivered last week at my Dealer. hence the reason I want out of my deal! $10,000 over MSRP Gets you a White, Stripe Delete, Black and Red interior GT500 Convertible in South Eastern PA. and since it does not have a VIN yet and is still on Material HOLD, it could probably still get a Color change etc. Serious Only Call 610-534-2944

Wrong, Select dealers have been getting Shelby's scheduled........Ford is following the guidelines they laid out to the dealers in regards to scheduling. If you don't want to believe it that is up to you. There are 4000K+ dealers in this country, not every dealer is getting a unit scheduled in the first two months. It is impossible. But there did start pulling Select dealer orders before any SVT full line or Focus dealer had a second unit pulled.

NO, READ THE FOURM. THERE ARE NUMEROUS examples of ford dealers getting 2nd and third allocation units pulled for production before some select dealer get thier first. I am the first and only order from my dealer. IsellFord is one example, he has delivered 2 and states that the third is scheduled. THIS IS NOT THE ORDER FORD REPRESENTED. I can understand large dealers getting thier first car sooner than mine, but NOT THIER THIRD CAR. I did not say that NO select dealer has gotten an order pulled, I said that mine and most others had not been pulled as promised before second round orders began.

NO, READ THE FOURM. THERE ARE NUMEROUS examples of ford dealers getting 2nd and third allocation units pulled for production before some select dealer get thier first. I am the first and only order from my dealer. IsellFord is one example, he has delivered 2 and states that the third is scheduled. THIS IS NOT THE ORDER FORD REPRESENTED. I can understand large dealers getting thier first car sooner than mine, but NOT THIER THIRD CAR. I did not say that NO select dealer has gotten an order pulled, I said that mine and most others had not been pulled as promised before second round orders began.

I agree with you!!!!!

I don't understand why some dealers are getting their second and third vehicle

before MOST dealers get just one!!!!!

It just is not fair!!!!!! :banghead:

I don't think anyone does not appreciate input either way... I think the fact of the matter here is there is conflicting information coming from Ford (at various levels).

The info I was given also contradicts 442forever's info. In my case, the info comes from the owner (not mgr) of the dealership who has nothing to gain by giving me incorrect info. This person was a friend long before I decided I wanted to try to get a Shelby and took it on herself to hook me up when she found out I was intereste in one. She has been giving me information as she finds out and said quite plainly to me the reason for the holdup on taking my order information is that her dealership could not actually place the order until it was determined when they would receive their allotment and that this delivery 'order' was being determined by some drawing/lottery process. My intuition was to figure this was for the 'share of the nation' cars since some SVT and President's dealerships have already had more than one.

Not sure what is right at this point. All I can say for sure is my order still has not been taken because the dealership my friend is part owner of hasn't been told when they will receive their GT500.

Tell you what... if this is the best distribution of information Ford can manage, I'll soon be looking to order an '08 Hemi Challenger or '09 Nissan GT-R. If that happens, Ford can expect I'll never buy *any* of their products in the future. This has to be the worst new model rollout I've ever experienced for a car or any product. :wacko:

Not to rain on your parade, if Dodge or Nissan (ugh) don't produce in significant numbers, you will be in the same boat on those cars (assuming there is the same demand as the Shelby) Again, it is the same old law of supply and demand :sandbox:

Not to rain on your parade, if Dodge or Nissan (ugh) don't produce in significant numbers

"Oil-consumption problems linked to engine fires have been traced to the wrong piston rings being installed in more than 90,000 Nissans sold in North America.

Nissan is advising owners of 2006 Altimas and Sentras equipped with 2.5-litre four-cylinders to ensure the engines are filled with oil. (Most manufacturers advise car owners to check oil levels with every gasoline fill-up.)

Transport Canada says about 6,500 of the cars have been sold in Canada. Nissan has yet to announce what it will do to correct the problem." Just because Trying to create an ADM situation? :hysterical:

"Oil-consumption problems linked to engine fires have been traced to the wrong piston rings being installed in more than 90,000 Nissans sold in North America.

Nissan is advising owners of 2006 Altimas and Sentras equipped with 2.5-litre four-cylinders to ensure the engines are filled with oil. (Most manufacturers advise car owners to check oil levels with every gasoline fill-up.)

Transport Canada says about 6,500 of the cars have been sold in Canada. Nissan has yet to announce what it will do to correct the problem." Just because Trying to create an ADM situation? :hysterical:

You can bet I'd run right out and pay and ADM for a Nissan :hysterical2: Tells me how wonderful them things is

Not to rain on your parade, if Dodge or Nissan (ugh) don't produce in significant numbers, you will be in the same boat on those cars (assuming there is the same demand as the Shelby) Again, it is the same old law of supply and demand :sandbox:

Can't speak for Dodge, but I have faith that Nissan can handle this infinitely better than Ford has with the GT500. Why? Because I've already been through this process once with them when the new 350Z first came out. I preordered my Z months before it actually came out. There were no dealer markups... some tried because there was a high demand at first, but Nissan North America came down hard on any dealer trying to charge anything significantly more ($1000+) over MSRP. During the process, I was always well informed of the status of my order. I knew when it was scheduled for build, when it was built, when it was on the boat, where the boat was, when my Z hit the US port, and when it arrived at the dealer. No run around, no fuss... only bad part was having to be patient and wait on it to arrive.

With a new GT-R, the only thing I see being different would possibly be the mark-ups and that would depend on Nissan Corporate's stance on that. But then, the price portion is the least of my grumbles with Ford's process so far.

As for Dodge, I have a feeling they will be producing in much larger numbers... they've indicated that is their intent. If that is the case, may be hard to get for a few months, but after that easily at MSRP.

You can bet I'd run right out and pay and ADM for a Nissan :hysterical2: Tells me how wonderful them things is

kid yourself all you want... I've owned something from most of the common manufacturers (including two Fords) and my 350Z, so far, is the best built of them all. it's not perfect... it's had an issue or two, but definitely fewer than other cars I have owned and has created the least headaches of *any* car I have owned, even with all the mods I have done to it (supercharger, cams, headers, exhaust, plenum, suspension, etc, etc).

They have finally gotten to Focus certified dealers in regards to scheduling so........

If a dealer was a PA winner, had one scheduled. Full line SVT, had another scheduled. Focus Certified, had another schedule. Not to mention any PL orders that don't come from dealers allocation....

If a dealership has an allocation that is unspoken for (meaning not yet pre-ordered) They should be able to take your order, but you'll need to "make the deal" first.

It's possible that the dealer has you on a list somewhere and has decided to wait until someone decides to pay the higher ADM or is ordering a car for their showroom to be auctioned off or when it arrives, they slap a huge ADM tag on it. It's also possible the dealer has ordered his 1st round allocation (and was a small dealer that certified and only gets 1 per model year)and is waiting on share of nation to get an additional allocation (could be 1 or more) before ordering their second car.

If a dealership has an allocation that is unspoken for (meaning not yet pre-ordered) They should be able to take your order, but you'll need to "make the deal" first.

It's possible that the dealer has you on a list somewhere and has decided to wait until someone decides to pay the higher ADM or is ordering a car for their showroom to be auctioned off or when it arrives,

This should not be the case. As I've stated here and in other threads, the owner of the dealership is a friend of mine (has been for a long time) and *approached me* when she found out I was interested in getting a Shelby. She took it on herself to do a favor for me. I'm just the lucky beneficiary here. So, I truly do not believe they are trying to screw me over as described above.

they slap a huge ADM tag on it. It's also possible the dealer has ordered his 1st round allocation (and was a small dealer that certified and only gets 1 per model year)and is waiting on share of nation to get an additional allocation (could be 1 or more) before ordering their second car.

however, this may be the case. I don't know if I'm alloted their first car or their second. They are a small dealer and I don't know their total allotment. All I was told is that I'm getting their "share of the nation" car (which could be either the 1st or the 2nd GT500 they would receive).

When I was given the offer, I told them my requirements were not to pay over MSRP, that I wanted to order it to my spec, and that I wanted my Shelby no later than end of February 2007. The reply was that none of this would be a problem and that I would definitely get one. I think now I just need to be patient... which is easier said than done with many board members starting to receive their toys! :wacko:

So, I just got off the phone with Ford Customer Service. My Shelby is still on material hold with no VIN#, but now it is showing a "Last Maintenanced Date" of 08/18/2006. Does anyone know what this means?

Is it good news that something happened on 08/18, or is it bad news that this maintenance date appeared but my order has not progressed beyond material hold?

:sos:

This should not be the case. As I've stated here and in other threads, the owner of the dealership is a friend of mine (has been for a long time) and *approached me* when she found out I was interested in getting a Shelby. She took it on herself to do a favor for me. I'm just the lucky beneficiary here. So, I truly do not believe they are trying to screw me over as described above.

however, this may be the case. I don't know if I'm alloted their first car or their second. They are a small dealer and I don't know their total allotment. All I was told is that I'm getting their "share of the nation" car (which could be either the 1st or the 2nd GT500 they would receive).

When I was given the offer, I told them my requirements were not to pay over MSRP, that I wanted to order it to my spec, and that I wanted my Shelby no later than end of February 2007. The reply was that none of this would be a problem and that I would definitely get one. I think now I just need to be patient... which is easier said than done with many board members starting to receive their toys! :wacko:

Better check with them again, if they are a small dealer they will NOT be getting additional allocation from share of nation. SON is based on Mustang volume, your "share" of the nations/regions Mustang sales. Only the largest Mustang dealers in each region will get allocation from this (probably top 15 dealers in each region).

Better check with them again, if they are a small dealer they will NOT be getting additional allocation from share of nation. SON is based on Mustang volume, your "share" of the nations/regions Mustang sales. Only the largest Mustang dealers in each region will get allocation from this (probably top 15 dealers in each region).

That's true, cobraguy. My dealer is very small, and they recently received their allocation letter from Ford confirming they would get only one 2007 Shelby. No additional SON allocation.

Mcduck, your dealership should have received their allocation letter by now. Might be worth a quick call to make sure they really are getting any SON allocations.

Last maintainenced means they put so many miles on it they had to do an oil change. :hysterical:

Sorry I couldn't resist...I'll go stand in the corner now. :finger:

Not nice, scgt500. You know how close I am to ascending the clock tower. You don't want to push me over the edge, do you? :hysterical:

So, I just got off the phone with Ford Customer Service. My Shelby is still on material hold with no VIN#, but now it is showing a "Last Maintenanced Date" of 08/18/2006. Does anyone know what this means?

Is it good news that something happened on 08/18, or is it bad news that this maintenance date appeared but my order has not progressed beyond material hold?

:sos:

We are in a similar situation...let's stay in touch. For me, no VIN yet...last maintained date of 8/16/06. Not sure what that means either, but more than likely it's not significant. Let's say it together...pateince..patience. :party:

Dave

That's true, cobraguy. My dealer is very small, and they recently received their allocation letter from Ford confirming they would get only one 2007 Shelby. No additional SON allocation.

Mcduck, your dealership should have received their allocation letter by now. Might be worth a quick call to make sure they really are getting any SON allocations.

Thanks for the additional info, guys. Will be checking to see what my status is. I don't mind having to wait a little while, as long as it is not an 'indefinite' wait and I can go ahead and get my order locked in.

Archived