TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dealer Lottery for 2nd round scheduling

sbornitz

I am in the same boat as a lot of people here getting their cars from small certified dealers who ponied up the $1500 to sell the car.

Has anyone heard any more info on the supposed lottery where they pick the lucky dealers that get their cars scheduled next? I am looking for when this is going to happen (I've heard Aug 15 but no confirmation). I am also wondering when this second round of scheduling is going to happen for the cars. :sos:

Any one with any insight into this would be much appreciated. Till then I will continue to :banghead: since my dealer does not like me very much. I think it is because I give him better info than he can get from his rep/ford.

I do realize that I am unlucky normally and do not expect to see my car before next May :cry: but I can still dream and hope my car comes in earlier. It does not make too much of a difference since my Stangs sit from October until April in storage for the Winter.

And to all those that have gotten their cars and continue to get their cars please keep posting pics to help us with our PSDS!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It does not make too much of a difference since my Stangs sit from October until April in storage for the Winter.

At lease if you had it, you could sit in it and make engine noises!

i am in the same boat, guys.....

i think that all dealers will get 1 before any get 2... at least that is what the regional rep in Denver told me. my dealership has estimated to receive the car in september... but cannot give me a VIN. I think the lotter is for "share of the nation" allocation and dlivery?

maybe five-ohb or ISELFORD can help?

Guest evilchris

i think that all dealers will get 1 before any get 2... at least that is what the regional rep in Denver told me. my dealership has estimated to receive the car in september... but cannot give me a VIN. I think the lotter is for "share of the nation" allocation and dlivery?

San Diego dealers are well past their 1st, with some on their 3rd.

I hear Sill-Terhar Ford in Broomfield, CO has recieved 2 already. Don't know if one of those is a PA or PL. If it's true that everyone will get one before any get their 2nd (exlc PA & PL), that paints a brighter picture for us non-SVT guys who have the #1 spot.

I hear Sill-Terhar Ford in Broomfield, CO has recieved 2 already. Don't know if one of those is a PA or PL. If it's true that everyone will get one before any get their 2nd (exlc PA & PL), that paints a brighter picture for us non-SVT guys who have the #1 spot.

If you go to the Canadian section on this site you will also see that some dealer in the Toronto area have more than one as well.

My dealer in Richmond, B.C. got his first yesterday and I believe that this is the first in Western Canada - Can anyone confirm ? The dealer is a SVT / President Award dealership.

Mine has a build date of Aug. 4/06 and a delivery, FOB the dealership of Aug. 17/06. This what Ford has told my dealer. However, I am keeping in mind that his first car was about two weeks - month latter than they originally thought. I also need to keep in mind that he only got his first car, I am number 5 in the pecking order. :shrug:

I am in the same boat as a lot of people here getting their cars from small certified dealers who ponied up the $1500 to sell the car.

Has anyone heard any more info on the supposed lottery where they pick the lucky dealers that get their cars scheduled next? I am looking for when this is going to happen (I've heard Aug 15 but no confirmation). I am also wondering when this second round of scheduling is going to happen for the cars. :sos:

I'm in the same boat, but when I mentioned Vegas, he thought I meant those cars made in the early '70s. Oh well, we'll just have to wait a bit longer. I would imagine Five Oh or isell will have info in a few weeks.

Dave

At lease if you had it, you could sit in it and make engine noises!

One I would start it up for the engine noises but I do not think my wife would be too happy with me sitting in the garage playing with the car. She is as excited for the car as I am but no so car crazy in the winter. She just likes to get out in the summer and use the car for what is intended for. I on the other hand do that but also like to druel over the car in winter time.

Add me to the list as well. Number one on a small qualified dealer only getting one this MY.

I have agreed to lock into a 7.5 ADM, only if the car is delivered before 1/01/07. If I don't have it by then I get my deposit back. I am number one on another dealers list for msrp for a 2008 as a back up plan.

I can't wait to find out where the chips fall on this lottery thing!

I have dealers in my area (Norfolk, Va.) receiving second cars already. Some cars still sitting in showrooms (up for auction). The 'LOTTERY' explained by the mid atlantic rep (and explained already on this forum) will happen in Vegas this month (GM at my dealer is going) .

THE 'LOTTERY' IS FOR SHARE OF NATIONS CARS NOT SECOND RUN CARS!!!!!! :rant:

Smile....it's just a little longer.

G.D. :rant:

I know it has been discussed numerous times, but I still pour through these posts daily to see if "small dealers" will be getting there orders pulled and shipped.

This smile is going to be perminatly fixed on my face like a bad hemorroid itching a groomsman during a marriage ceremony:hysterical:

Just another day in Paradise :wacko:

I have received my power lease car and one happy camper.

2nd car [our 1st allocation car] was supposed to be at the ramp 2 days ago so we should be seeing it soon.

No others are scheduled. I am waiting for share of nation. We are #1 in our Zone and #4 in the entire Chicago region in new vehicle sales so i a pretty sure we will get at least 1 more [which I also have sold]. After that it's anyones guess. I saw on one forum post that a dealer has gotten a letter dated 7/26 telling him what his total allocation will be. I have advised my dealer to keep an eye out for a letter like that.

I have received my power lease car and one happy camper.

2nd car [our 1st allocation car] was supposed to be at the ramp 2 days ago so we should be seeing it soon.

No others are scheduled. I am waiting for share of nation. We are #1 in our Zone and #4 in the entire Chicago region in new vehicle sales so i a pretty sure we will get at least 1 more [which I also have sold]. After that it's anyones guess. I saw on one forum post that a dealer has gotten a letter dated 7/26 telling him what his total allocation will be. I have advised my dealer to keep an eye out for a letter like that.

Well so it appears that those of us that ordered from the one car dealers still do not know any more than before. The way Isell makes it sound the "share of the nation" lotter is in August and that is maybe what I heard as the Aug 15th date.

So now it sounds like Ford has some mystical printer that spits out allocation letters. At this point I am going to make a plea to Robert :sos: to see if there is anything he can find out about round 2 scheduling. Because this :banghead: is not getting me anywhere.

I have dealers in my area (Norfolk, Va.) receiving second cars already. Some cars still sitting in showrooms (up for auction). The 'LOTTERY' explained by the mid atlantic rep (and explained already on this forum) will happen in Vegas this month (GM at my dealer is going) .

THE 'LOTTERY' IS FOR SHARE OF NATIONS CARS NOT SECOND RUN CARS!!!!!! :rant:

Smile....it's just a little longer.

When is the so called 2nd run start is this the mid production date????

If you go to the Canadian section on this site you will also see that some dealer in the Toronto area have more than one as well.

My dealer in Richmond, B.C. got his first yesterday and I believe that this is the first in Western Canada - Can anyone confirm ? The dealer is a SVT / President Award dealership.

Mine has a build date of Aug. 4/06 and a delivery, FOB the dealership of Aug. 17/06. This what Ford has told my dealer. However, I am keeping in mind that his first car was about two weeks - month latter than they originally thought. I also need to keep in mind that he only got his first car, I am number 5 in the pecking order. :shrug:

I`am also #5 in the pecking order & according to the dealer possibly FALL who knows.

What do you have from your dealer v.o.c, partial vin#?????

I'd be interested in this info as well.

PS: My dealer doesn't seem to like me much either. He stopped returning my calls/emails back in June. :finger:

Sounds like you guy`s need to go SHELBY charm school.

Sounds like you guy`s need to go SHELBY charm school.

Charm school? so whats der wrong wit a little :party: and hootin and hollerin'? We don't need no stinkin charm school.

But anyways this subject about the 2nd wave of scheduling keeps getting brought up in other threads and not answered so I figured let's throw it on its own thread and stir up the PSDS a little and see if anyone can provide some info. At this point I guess I am going to try my dealer again. I will let you know what I find out. :doh: I already know that answer but I will try anyways.

Charm school? so whats der wrong wit a little :party: and hootin and hollerin'? We don't need no stinkin charm school.

But anyways this subject about the 2nd wave of scheduling keeps getting brought up in other threads and not answered so I figured let's throw it on its own thread and stir up the PSDS a little and see if anyone can provide some info. At this point I guess I am going to try my dealer again. I will let you know what I find out. :doh: I already know that answer but I will try anyways.

Good luck . Be firm but polite

Well, I emailed my dealer on Tuesday (Aug 1) to ask if he had any update on my Shelby. As expected, no response. (It was a very polite email) :banghead:

I actually put delivery and read receipts on my emails to my dealer so that I know he gets them. Once he finally gets to my emails he generally responds in a decent amount of time.

And I am always nice to my dealer :shrug: . Well most of the time. :hysterical:

Ford continues to leave us in the dark, confused, and frustrated. . . so what's new. :rant:

What is Ford doing to leave you in the dark. We're building the car.....have some patience. You think when you order most cars you get it ASAP? Even a retail Camary can take 6 months to get!

What is Ford doing to leave you in the dark. We're building the car.....have some patience. You think when you order most cars you get it ASAP? Even a retail Camary can take 6 months to get!

I think the point is that if you order a Camry they will tell you up front that the car will take 6 months to build. The point of the people here is that they were told to get their orders in now (before pricing was even announced) and now Ford is unable to tell them, even approximately, when their vehicle will be built until approx 1 week before scheduling. I realize that scheduling is not an exact science due to the variables but you would think that Ford could "ball park" the confirmed orders they have so that we could at least have a rough idea when the car will get here rather than sometime between June 06 and May 07. Just my $0.02 on what people are ranting :rant: about.

So has anybody heard any more information on the 1 car only dealers scheduling?

I think the point is that if you order a Camry they will tell you up front that the car will take 6 months to build. The point of the people here is that they were told to get their orders in now (before pricing was even announced) and now Ford is unable to tell them, even approximately, when their vehicle will be built until approx 1 week before scheduling. I realize that scheduling is not an exact science due to the variables but you would think that Ford could "ball park" the confirmed orders they have so that we could at least have a rough idea when the car will get here rather than sometime between June 06 and May 07. Just my $0.02 on what people are ranting :rant: about.

So has anybody heard any more information on the 1 car only dealers scheduling?

+1 :party:

I heard that Ford expects to complete all the first round SVT, PA & PL orders by the end of August. At that time they will start building the non-SVT orders. Can anyone in the know confirm this?

Archived