TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 Found A New Garage

SGT1197

Brought my 2008 GT500 home yesterday. Performance white with vista blue stripes. Has HID Headlamps, Premium Trim Package, Shaker 1000 and Ambient Lighting. MSRP was $46,880 and that is what I payed. Could not believe it. This is the GT500 that was listed for sale on this forum located at Koetting Ford in Granite City, IL. just 12 miles from Glen Carbon, IL where I live. The salesman at the dealership said they are asking $10,000 over MSRP. I laughed at him and began telling him about this forum, the stories of prices with no ADM and that I would never pay over the MSRP.

They also have a 2007 Shelby GT (black) sitting on their showroom floor that has been price dropped to $35,600. I just sold my 2007 Shelby GT (white #1197) three weeks ago to a person overseas. In talking to the salesman I told him that people are tired of paying over sticker for these Shelby's and a perfect example of that is the 2007 Shelby GT sitting on your showroom floor right now.

The power is amazing compared to my 2007 Shelby GT I got rid of. The shift pattern is not as tight as the Shelby GT, which I do miss, but that is probably resolved through an upgrade. The dealership had already drilled the front bumper for the plate bracket before I bought it. I may get this fixed at a latter date. We got three inches of snow and sleet today on our roads. I'm just happy my Shelby is home, I paid MSRP and that I have the opportunity to own one of these cars. :happy feet:

Brought my 2008 GT500 home yesterday. Performance white with vista blue stripes. Has HID Headlamps, Premium Trim Package, Shaker 1000 and Ambient Lighting. MSRP was $46,880 and that is what I payed. Could not believe it. This is the GT500 that was listed for sale on this forum located at Koetting Ford in Granite City, IL. just 12 miles from Glen Carbon, IL where I live. The salesman at the dealership said they are asking $10,000 over MSRP. I laughed at him and began telling him about this forum, the stories of prices with no ADM and that I would never pay over the MSRP.

They also have a 2007 Shelby GT (black) sitting on their showroom floor that has been price dropped to $35,600. I just sold my 2007 Shelby GT (white #1197) three weeks ago to a person overseas. In talking to the salesman I told him that people are tired of paying over sticker for these Shelby's and a perfect example of that is the 2007 Shelby GT sitting on your showroom floor right now.

The power is amazing compared to my 2007 Shelby GT I got rid of. The shift pattern is not as tight as the Shelby GT, which I do miss, but that is probably resolved through an upgrade. The dealership had already drilled the front bumper for the plate bracket before I bought it. I may get this fixed at a latter date. We got three inches of snow and sleet today on our roads. I'm just happy my Shelby is home, I paid MSRP and that I have the opportunity to own one of these cars. :happy feet:

congrats on and awesome machine enjoy and be careful!!!! I read about sloppy shifter but mine not that bad can not complain about this machine!!!

Guys,

I'll try to post pictures tomorrow. I'm not really sure how to post the photos once they are taken. We normally use photobucket program to download our photos. After that I'm stuck. Any help would be appreciated. :banghead:

I ordered my dash plaque and Shelby GT500 aluminum license plate frames yesterday. Talked to Steve at Shelby Performance. Nice guy. He said approximately 6-8 weeks for delivery. Thanks for the comments. We all are very fortunate. :headspin: :happy feet:

Guys,

I have taken the photos and have placed them in Photobucket. I have followed the directions as provided by the Shelby Forum link but when we copy the IMG Thumbnails for message boards into our post and click on the links to the photos it doesn't open the photo. Are we not doing it correctly or maybe they left out a step. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,

SGT1197

Guys,

I have taken the photos and have placed them in Photobucket. I have followed the directions as provided by the Shelby Forum link but when we copy the IMG Thumbnails for message boards into our post and click on the links to the photos it doesn't open the photo. Are we not doing it correctly or maybe they left out a step. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,

SGT1197

Highlight the link and select copy or control ^C which is a shortcut key...and then paste directly into your post control ^V

Goodluck!

congrats on new car!!! Marti and those guys are great there!!! glad you got a great deal!!! Later mickey

Highlight the link and select copy or control ^C which is a shortcut key...and then paste directly into your post control ^V

Goodluck!

You shouldn't have to do control+C on photobucket. Just clicking in one of the boxes does this for you. You are correct that you have to do control+V to paste into the edit screen.

Dave

• 4 weeks later...
Nice car, congrats! Looks like you need a new plate...

Yea your right. That was the plate for my Shelby GT I sold which was #1197. Thought I would use it until this month when it expires. In the meantime I have applied for a new one at DMV which would be more true to my Shelby GT500. I'm also thinking about changing my user name on this forum but I'll have to reseach how that is done. Thanks for the nice comments.

Yea your right. That was the plate for my Shelby GT I sold which was #1197. Thought I would use it until this month when it expires. In the meantime I have applied for a new one at DMV which would be more true to my Shelby GT500. I'm also thinking about changing my user name on this forum but I'll have to reseach how that is done. Thanks for the nice comments.

i really love your SNOW colored car!!!

great color choice, and i see you added some color to it so it stick out in a snow bank :happy feet:

looks great!!

congratulations on a sweet ride

Nice color and MSRP. Great deal, have fun with it.

CaptDave

Archived