TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Fest 08'

JeffIsHereToo

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll be going from Northern Indiana. I'll probably take I-80 west to I-55 south. We can meet up somewhere along there. Are you heading down on that Friday?

I'm hoping to be heading down-may have to work Friday AM, but may try to wiggle out of that, switch some days off etc to be able to leave earlier. I'm all for a convoy down/meet up somewhere along the way. If we have all of the Chicago area and Southern WI cars meeting up, could be a cool convoy to STL as well.

Hopefully snow will be gone by then! :waiting:

I would love to consider going. Do we have final dates and agenda? thanx Steve

Yeah...it's looking something like:

I. Drive over to Gateway and check out the Friday night action.

II. Meet Saturday morning with group and drive to Hermann

III. Shelbyfest Hermann 9am to 2pm +/-

IV. Shelbyfest Car Rally and Drive 2pm to 4pm +/-

V. Go to a Winery for 1 or 2 hours etc... Yeah

VI. Shelbyfest Dinner

I'm looking to leave early enough to do the entire drive in daylight. The sun sets there at 7:45PM or so. The hotels are all in O'Fallon, IL so a 5 hours 20 min drive (speed limit). So I'm thinking I will leave around 2PM or so on Friday the 18th. Most of the ride is just going south on Rt 55.

Watch for updates at:

http://www.shelbyfest.net/

BTW: I'm staying at the Baymont Inn in O'Fallon and there seem to be a lot of others staying there too.

-Jeff

Yeah...it's looking something like:

I. Drive over to Gateway and check out the Friday night action.

II. Meet Saturday morning with group and drive to Hermann

III. Shelbyfest Hermann 9am to 2pm +/-

IV. Shelbyfest Car Rally and Drive 2pm to 4pm +/-

V. Go to a Winery for 1 or 2 hours etc... Yeah

VI. Shelbyfest Dinner

I'm looking to leave early enough to do the entire drive in daylight. The sun sets there at 7:45PM or so. The hotels are all in O'Fallon, IL so a 5 hours 20 min drive (speed limit). So I'm thinking I will leave around 2PM or so on Friday the 18th. Most of the ride is just going south on Rt 55.

Watch for updates at:

http://www.shelbyfest.net/

BTW: I'm staying at the Baymont Inn in O'Fallon and there seem to be a lot of others staying there too.

-Jeff

Jeff-My route would be I-39 down to 55 which intersect at Bloomington. Maybe we can try to get everyone hooked up there and convoy the rest of the way down-not sure what route the WI guys will be taking, but that could work for them too.

Jeff-My route would be I-39 down to 55 which intersect at Bloomington. Maybe we can try to get everyone hooked up there and convoy the rest of the way down-not sure what route the WI guys will be taking, but that could work for them too.

Yeah agreed! As we get closer, and people are better able to say if they can go, we'll look at this again and firm up plans. For now I guess, as you say, we'll look to meet somewhere off Rt55 at a points where those coming from the north, or east or west intersect.

It's say, off the top of my head, Lake-Cook, Joliet, Bloomington, and Springfield as check-points, gas fill up, etc...that way no matter where you're coming from we can meet up. basically a straight line down stopping where major highways meet or something.

I'm open to ideas!

-Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

Any new updates on how many of us from up here are preliminarily planning on the trip? As an idea to get kind of a head count/plan a route/arrange for meet ups along the way, how about we start compiling a list of who is planning on going to Shelbyfest & where you are going to stay. How about a format of name/hotel/ride/preliminary planned route (I'll get us started):

#1 Larry/Baymont Inn O'Fallon,IL/ Black 2007 Shelby GT #3012 / I-39 to I-55 to I-70

Any new updates on how many of us from up here are preliminarily planning on the trip? As an idea to get kind of a head count/plan a route/arrange for meet ups along the way, how about we start compiling a list of who is planning on going to Shelbyfest & where you are going to stay. How about a format of name/hotel/ride/preliminary planned route (I'll get us started):

#1 Larry/Baymont Inn O'Fallon,IL/ Black 2007 Shelby GT #3012 / I-39 to I-55 to I-70

#2 Jeff/Baymont Inn O'Fallon,IL/White 2001 Shelby GT #2621/I-94 to -294, to I-55 to I-70

#2 Jeff/Baymont Inn O'Fallon,IL/White 2001 Shelby GT #2621/I-94 to -294, to I-55 to I-70

I won't give myself a number since I'm coming from a different way and won't be in the caravan...but I'll be at the Baymont on Friday night also. :happy feet: I guess I can be #2b :hysterical2:

Bring your sense of humor and your sunglasses in case I'm wearing shorts....I'll have the sunscreen. :hysterical2:

I'm booked at the Baymont for arrival the evening of the 18th, checkout noon Sunday the 20th.

Anyone coming across I-80, I can meet up with you at either the Rt. 43 (Harlem Avenue) or Rt. 45 (LaGrange Road) interchanges. Both have very adequate food/fuel facilities. Anyone driving down from the north can find it easy enough taking the I-294 to I-80, Rt 43 is the next exit after the intrchange.

If you want to meet at Rt 43, exit "Harlem Ave. north" and a Speedway is on your left at the next stop light.

If you want to meet at Rt 45, exit "LaGrange Road south" and a Krystal truck stop is at the next stoplight on your right.

Returning to I-80 is just as easy.

Bring your GMRS personal radios, I have extras if you don't own one.

E-mail me at SergntMac@aol.com for more details.

Larry, Jeff

Good News here...trip to Japan delayed until May so option to attend. Simple schedule is as follows. Leave Friday afternoon. Hotel for Friday and Saturday return on Sunday. Is that correct? If so I might be able to go. Please advise. Thanx Steve

Larry, Jeff

Good News here...trip to Japan delayed until May so option to attend. Simple schedule is as follows. Leave Friday afternoon. Hotel for Friday and Saturday return on Sunday. Is that correct? If so I might be able to go. Please advise. Thanx Steve

That's my plan Steve. I booked a room at the Baymont Inn in O'fallon Il for FRI & SAT nites, it was about $80 a night. Would be great if you could make it. Mrs hugger planning on attending also?

Larry, Jeff

I have reserved room for Friday and Sat night at Ofallon, IL Baymont...will plan to leave here midday Friday. Mrs Hugger will also be attending. Please let me know how to hook up. Thanx Steve

This is my reservation too. The track event has been canceled for Friday so the rush to get there isn't as great. There is going to be come other stuff going on however. Check over in the event thread for more info. I am looking at leaving in Sunday AM after breakfast. When we get closer we can set a time and place to meet up on Friday. I took the day off so I'm pretty fliexible.

Hey Steve, glad you're going! No, she's not. Guess I'll have to take the girlfriend!

:hysterical2:

The better half is attending, the wife is staying home!! :happy feet: :hysterical::hysterical2:

I was planning the same way Jeff-figured I get up, fill up the gas tank and the stomach and head north. if we can find someplace near the hotel, maybe we can all grab a quick breakfast together before the convoy. I also took Friday off, so I'm pretty flexible schedule wise. We can all get it figured out.

Glad you're able to go Steve!

Jeff, have you heard if Bennett is planning on attending?

The better half is attending, the wife is staying home!! :happy feet: :hysterical::hysterical2:

I was planning the same way Jeff-figured I get up, fill up the gas tank and the stomach and head north. if we can find someplace near the hotel, maybe we can all grab a quick breakfast together before the convoy. I also took Friday off, so I'm pretty flexible schedule wise. We can all get it figured out.

Glad you're able to go Steve!

Jeff, have you heard if Bennett is planning on attending?

No I haven't. I'll send him an email.

Caravans are fun, if you have never been on one, you'll never forget it.

A few posts back ^ there, I suggested two meet locations that seem convienent for those coming across I-80 and down from the north. I have not seen any feedback posted here on those suggestions, so, I'm open to any other ideas. Speak up, it's never too early to begin brainstorming ideas. Everythingn is subject to change until you hit the highway.

BTW, there is a cruise and dinner planed for Friday evening. It begins at the Baymont at 6 PM. I'd like to arrive in time to check in, clean up and register. I suggest we consider leaving the Chicago area by 10 AM.

Archived