TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SLP exhaust

Does anyone have an SLP exhaust on their SGT? I see 2 different set ups on their web site. The "Loudmouth" set eliminates the mufflers. I'm wondering how loud this actually is. I had a loudmouth system on my Mach-1 and it sounded pretty good.

Any one have a sound clip?

Does anyone have an SLP exhaust on their SGT? I see 2 different set ups on their web site. The "Loudmouth" set eliminates the mufflers. I'm wondering how loud this actually is. I had a loudmouth system on my Mach-1 and it sounded pretty good.

Any one have a sound clip?

have you done a search

I posted a sound clip of the loudmouths but there on my GT500

I have heard the loudmouths are too loud on a standard GT, I am not sure of the difference between the GT and the SGT

they are not too loud IMO on the GT500

• 5 years later...

I have them on my SGT with the stock manifold and the x pipe that comes on the Shelby. It sounds mean and yes it's loud but not overly loud. I would send you a clip but my car is still in hibernation with some parts pulled off

I've got the SLP Loudmouths, muffler delete, with the rest of the exhaust stock, including the catalytics - very nice and sedate "burble" until you get above 2500 rpms, then they open up to a nice, sweet, NASCAR sounding growl! I had issues with "droning" at highway speeds, but you can "tune" them if you shorten/extend the chrome tips. If you get the tips about 2-3 inches out beyond the rear fascia, the droning is minimal. Around town you'd never know the mufflers were gone!

Sam

I looked at the SLP, the tips are 3.5" and SGT Ford Racing originals were 4" and I wanted to keep that look so I went with Pypes booms. The 4" tips on the Pypes are spot on the original Ford Racing mufflers. They are a little loud going through the gears, thats what I wanted, yet quite in 5th gear on the highway.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got the SLP Loudmouth's on mine and I LOVE them! They've got a nice growl at normal driving (honestly a little too quiet for my taste lol) and get pretty loud when you stomp on it. It's VERY loud at start-up. I think they're a great muffler... or lack there-of, don't even have any issues with drone either. I'm planning on putting some JBA ceramic shorty's on in the next week or two, we'll see how it all sounds after that.

I've got the Loudmouths. No drone, no issues. I like them.

Jer

Archived