TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NBC & Shelby GT 500...Knight Rider!

Da Dark Jedi

Well this is my first post, so I'm new to TeamShelby. While watching TV I saw the new Knight Rider show on NBC. I have NO KNOWLEDGE of these fine vehicles, so my question is.... Which Shelby GT500 is it?

welcome to the forum :happy feet:

be careful if you here to long you will have to have a SHELBY!!!!

michael morris

Welcome Jedi,

There are basically 4 Shelby Mustangs right now; however, they come in many flavors:

1: Shelby GT (SGT) - Stock 319 HP, 4.6L aluminum engine (2007 black or white coupe. 2008 blue coupe or vert, grabber orange coupe or black with red stripe coupe for Barrett Jackson)

a: Shelby GT/SC - same but has Shelby installed super charger at around 465-500 HP

b: SGT-C - California version for 2007 - had the gauge pod installed

c: SGT-C - California version for 2008 - 219 units came in Grabber Orange (one of my favorites)

d: Barrett Jackson - as mentioned came in black with red stripes. Made 100

2: Shelby GT500 - stock around 500 HP, 5.4L cast iron block (various colors for 2007 and 2008 - all look awesome)

a: GT500 40th Anniversary - has some nice mods

b: GT500 Super Snake - has many more mods taking to 605 HP or 725 HP - super cool

c: GT500 KR - another ultimate Shelby 540 HP

d: GT500 KR Knight Rider - LOL

3: Shelby CS/6 or CS/8 (6 cyl or 8 cyl)

a: CS/6 is 6 cylinder. As I understand, you purchase a 6 cylinder Mustang and the Shelby kit, build it yourself and get it certified

b: CS/8 same but 8 cylinder 4.6L

4: Shelby Terlingua - Brings back the 60's Terlingua Race Team name.

a: Terlingua 2008 - I believe this is a 6 cylinder supercharged 350 HP rocket

b: Terlingua 1968 - don't know the specs but I think it is about a $125k remake or continuation that is contracted for Shelby and really cool.

You can't go wrong with any of these cars as they are all incredible performance machines. There will be more coming so stay tuned.

Good luck and welcome. You'll be hooked soon and as Michael Morris (MM) said, you'll own one soon. WHen ready, PM him as he's the best Ford dealer in the country. He's probably the most honest and fair dealer there is.

I am sure I've forgotten one or two versions above so anyone feel free to add to this. Plus, I might not have the California SGT nomenclature correct so anyone in the know, please keep me honest.

You can't go wrong with any of these cars as they are all incredible performance machines. There will be more coming so stay tuned.

Once upon a time I knew a guy that was, literally and medically, Mr. Monk. He noodled over what kind of computer to get and really got stressed out. The Mac just came out and he just couldn't decide what to get

He ended up getting a Timex watch (no kidding) that would make a calendar by recognizing a flashing screen.

Bottom line: Don't wait til tomorrow. Go with now.

The only thing I regret is not getting the 190SL.

And getting the '73 Chevelle instead of the '71.

Or being totally jealous over Mike's '70 Mach 1.

But today is good too.

Adam your forgot 2 very important shelbys.

06 GTH. shelbys made for Hertz to rent. 500 made all autos and coupes (5 manuals made but went to the HERTZ top guys)

07 GTH. shelbys made for Hertz to rent. 500 made all autos and convertibles.( dont know about any manuels in 07)

i catch your back Adam

michael morris

Archived