TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Pricing at Calgary's Advantage Ford

alley oop

Was there last nite and didn't see any.

Also , where in their website is this advertisement...I can't find it:

http://www.avalonford.com/pages/present/FO...1&PageID=13

Just do an inventory search for a 2007 Shelby GT 500. It will show as the only one in stock. Vista Blue with Shaker 1000 option. Price as quoted is equal to MSRP + Freight + A/C tax + Shaker 1000

Okay, I found the inventory page too.

I also tried my dealer to see if it was some kind of fluke on the inventory system.

If it is on the web page tomorrow I will call from work.

If it really is there at MSRP it could be worth the trip, depending on where you hang your hat.

Vista Blue is a really nice color after all!

I sent an e-mail to Avalon Ford (no response) I just called, closed for a Regatta?

No wonder I did not receive an e-mail!

I have not had Screech in years.......

I called Avalon this morning, the car was already sold (it was sold before it even hit the lot), guy said it shouldn't have een been on the online list, oh well.

I called Avalon this morning, the car was already sold (it was sold before it even hit the lot), guy said it shouldn't have een been on the online list, oh well.

Just got back from Avalon Ford this aft.A Shelby GT500 blue vista coupe with white stripes arrived in the showroom late this past Monday.This is the first Shelby to arrive and it belongs to the dealership owner David Wilkins who incidently owns the 1 and only Ford GT that arrived in the showroom about a month back.Still no info on order dates or pricing!

Just got back from Avalon Ford this aft.A Shelby GT500 blue vista coupe with white stripes arrived in the showroom late this past Monday.This is the first Shelby to arrive and it belongs to the dealership owner David Wilkins who incidently owns the 1 and only Ford GT that arrived in the showroom about a month back.Still no info on order dates or pricing!

This PM chatted with the General Sales Mgr of Avalon Ford and rec'd some additional info.As above 1 owned Shelby in showroom and 2 on way.Will be receiving an avearge of 2/month - sometimes 3, sometimes 1.Total allocation is 15.I'm down the list at #9...he feels that this means an October build and receipt approx 3-4 weeks later...Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!He said to call back later next week and he should have more info.Very forthright....will input more as I receive it....

Oh you can bet they knew full well what they were doing! ;)

You better belive it, if they have you at nine of 15 cars.......

I was torturing my dealer for more than a year calling at least once a week, e-mails etc etc.

I was still # 2, the first went to the owners buddy. That #1 car was delivered 2 weeks ago to the dealer, and is still sitting at the dealer as of Tuesday because his new house is not ready yet he has no where to park it.

It was ordered a month before I could even get a sales agreement in place, even though I had begged for a sales agreement from day one.

You can bet there are all kinds of games going on.

This PM chatted with the General Sales Mgr of Avalon Ford and rec'd some additional info.As above 1 owned Shelby in showroom and 2 on way.Will be receiving an avearge of 2/month - sometimes 3, sometimes 1.Total allocation is 15.I'm down the list at #9...he feels that this means an October build and receipt approx 3-4 weeks later...Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!He said to call back later next week and he should have more info.Very forthright....will input more as I receive it....

What about pricing? ADM???

A sales rep from Avalon called me this A.M.

I was on the mobile phone and missed his name, he was friendly enough. Hey, they returned my call!

He mentioned $61K (but he was not 100% sure either) for the coupe on the floor, and then went onto say they had deposits/names for nine cars and an allocation of 15.

So I responded if that is the case I guess the one on the floor must be for one of those people? He did not know about that. He also asked me if I was a dealer or broker, I replied no, I just buy them I don't sell 'em. I asked him a few more questions and he is supposed to get back to me.

Although friendly and conversational he was either uninformed, or playing me on. I also asked how it was equipped, and asked about the Shaker 1000. he said he was not sure but then said he did see the big box in the trunk when they PDI'd the vehicle. So not too informed, but still interested enough in the vehicle to take a look at it during PDI???

Will wait and see if he calls me back.

A sales rep from Avalon called me this A.M.

I was on the mobile phone and missed his name, he was friendly enough. Hey, they returned my call!

He mentioned $61K (but he was not 100% sure either) for the coupe on the floor, and then went onto say they had deposits/names for nine cars and an allocation of 15.

So I responded if that is the case I guess the one on the floor must be for one of those people? He did not know about that. He also asked me if I was a dealer or broker, I replied no, I just buy them I don't sell 'em. I asked him a few more questions and he is supposed to get back to me.

Although friendly and conversational he was either uninformed, or playing me on. I also asked how it was equipped, and asked about the Shaker 1000. he said he was not sure but then said he did see the big box in the trunk when they PDI'd the vehicle. So not too informed, but still interested enough in the vehicle to take a look at it during PDI???

Will wait and see if he calls me back.

61K with Taxes in sounds about right. As an experiment offer them 15k Over MSRP and see if You climb to #1!

Something at Avalon smells a little Fishy. Alley Oop has never gotten a straight answer from them and it sounds like You're getting the same?

61K with Taxes in sounds about right. As an experiment offer them 15k Over MSRP and see if You climb to #1!

Something at Avalon smells a little Fishy. Alley Oop has never gotten a straight answer from them and it sounds like You're getting the same?

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have been talking to my dealer for over a year on this car and was always told I was on the list and will get a car. But when it finally came down to the time for the contract it was all about the money.

I really did not like the way it was handled at all, and I get the feeling that Alley Oop is probably going to experience alot of things that I did. Not really helpful or knoweldgeable and ask alot of questions trying to size you up to see if they can go "for the throat".........

On the other hand I am pretty confident my sales rep is straight up, I have gotten some information and news that I am sure was pretty genuine and even cofidential to some extent, and there is a level of trust established. But again, I have treated her extremely well too.

I will have one last go at them next week, but cannot say how it will turn out. With all of the cars I have owned, I have never bought a new one. I kind of get the feeling that I have not really been missing anything either.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have been talking to my dealer for over a year on this car and was always told I was on the list and will get a car. But when it finally came down to the time for the contract it was all about the money.

I really did not like the way it was handled at all, and I get the feeling that Alley Oop is probably going to experience alot of things that I did. Not really helpful or knoweldgeable and ask alot of questions trying to size you up to see if they can go "for the throat".........

On the other hand I am pretty confident my sales rep is straight up, I have gotten some information and news that I am sure was pretty genuine and even cofidential to some extent, and there is a level of trust established. But again, I have treated her extremely well too.

I will have one last go at them next week, but cannot say how it will turn out. With all of the cars I have owned, I have never bought a new one. I kind of get the feeling that I have not really been missing anything either.

Hmmm, I really didn't know Your History on this. Here's hoping that things work out for You in the End!!

Hey I am not totally upset, I push my guys to get as much as they can from the market too, we sell industrial equipment.

But when you know that there is a market limit to a product or an established market price you gotta have some restraint and a little respect for the customer. I have not seen this from my Ford dealer.

(respect what a concept!)

I have stated that other purchasers of this car have rec'd theirs at MSRP, and that the price they are pushing ($5K over) is the exception and not the rule.

Pricing is always subjective to interpretation of the market, the fact is their interpretation and mine are different.

Maybe I am more irritated over this because this is not how I play with my own customers. It should be an interesting delivery.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys Trying to find out if anyone in the Windsor area has a firm price from their dealer. Seems my deal is trying to go south. Feels like my salesman is starting to do some double talking with pricing and the whole deal in general. Just curious. Thanks :sos:

Hey Guys Trying to find out if anyone in the Windsor area has a firm price from their dealer. Seems my deal is trying to go south. Feels like my salesman is starting to do some double talking with pricing and the whole deal in general. Just curious. Thanks :sos:

Where are you at Mustangnut, I mean what dealer?

Archived