TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Percentage of SC/GT

There were 5851 07's built, at least according to a post by John W. which includes the 219 CA cars . There were just a handful of GT/SC cars for some reason the number 135 or something rings a bell for me. I'm sure one of the SC guys will have the exact number but I'm guessing it's less than 3% in any case. We will have to get exact numbers posted to the FAQ once we have them all in.

There were 5851 07's built, at least according to a post by John W. which includes the 219 CA cars . There were just a handful of GT/SC cars for some reason the number 135 or something rings a bell for me. I'm sure one of the SC guys will have the exact number but I'm guessing it's less than 3% in any case. We will have to get exact numbers posted to the FAQ once we have them all in.

When I picked up my car in October, John thought there were going to be 50 or less 2007 SC cars that went through the mod shop directly from being transformed into a Shelby. Whether that's where it ended up for count or not, I don't think anyone knows yet for sure. Still waiting for the final numbers for 2007.

Hey Jeff, Where did you get those numbers? The last numbers that John posted was 5632... 2260 white and 3372 black. John said they built a lot more black because there so much faster. :hysterical2: J/K I would really like to know the brake down on the SC cars, we're getting ready to have poster board made and I'd really like to have the numbers correct :happy feet:. I'm guessing there's going to be under 200 total, even with the 07 send backs for SC's.

PS I thought the 219 CA cars were 2008 cars?

SO EVEN IF THERE IS EVENTUALLY 100 SAI SC SGT's THEY WOULD STILL BE MUCH MORE RARE THAN A GT 500 FOR COLLECTABILITY SOMEDAY. IT PROBABLY WON'T MATTER TO ME AS I WILL BE DEAD AND GONE BY THE TIME THEY ARE WORTH ANYTHING, IF EVER. BUT APPARENTLY ONLY ABOUT 1 PERCENT AT THIS TIME AND EVEN IF DOUBLED TO 100 THEN IT WOULD ONLY BE 2% OF THE SGTS WOULD BE FACTORY SUPERCHARGED. AND A WHITE SC/GT WOULD BE EVEN MORE RARE THAN THE BLACK AT THAT TIME. MAYBE I NEED TO START SAVING FOR THAT SC FROM SAI.

BTW 5632 + 219 = 5851. SO APPARENTLY THE 5851 NUMBER IS CORRECT.

John said they built a lot more black because there so much faster.

That was only until the Vista Blue cars hit the streets. SAI thought it would settle "which color is fastest" debate by putting out the Vista Blue. :P It was great meeting you and Sherri in Vegas, Dave. Jim

....except for the fact that the 219 are 2008 Grabber Orange Shelby GTs.

:redcard: Shoot, you got here before I could get back to make the correction! :banghead:

I think we need to wait for a FINAL OFFICIAL count from SAI for all this stuff. We're all trying hard to figure it out using bits and pieces thrown out like bones to hungry dogs here.

What ever the final number is I'm betting the number of SC cars, done at SAI, is less then 2% of the total.

For what ever good that does.... :waiting:

That was only until the Vista Blue cars hit the streets. SAI thought it would settle "which color is fastest" debate by putting out the Vista Blue. :P It was great meeting you and Sherri in Vegas, Dave. Jim

Jim, It was great meeting you and your sister. Can't wait to do it again! How can blue be the fastest color, you haven't even got your SC yet. :waiting: . Speaking of SC.....what's the ETA on your car?

Jim, It was great meeting you and your sister. Can't wait to do it again! How can blue be the fastest color, you haven't even got your SC yet. :waiting: . Speaking of SC.....what's the ETA on your car?

Let me put it this way, when I was handing the car off to Gary Davis, my sister asked him if I would get my car back in time for my birthday on January 31? Gary's reply was, "What year?" I interpret that as a delivery date of "sometime in 2008." Trust me, when I have that sucker back, I will let the world know. Jim

Let me put it this way, when I was handing the car off to Gary Davis, my sister asked him if I would get my car back in time for my birthday on January 31? Gary's reply was, "What year?" I interpret that as a delivery date of "sometime in 2008." Trust me, when I have that sucker back, I will let the world know. Jim

Happy Birthday Jim! Any news on your SGT?

Archived