TEAM SHELBY FORUM

my 89 csx-vnt

greaser

here is mine in the proccess of restoring it.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2424051

Welcome to the Team Shelby Forums, greaser.

Your CSX looks like a great candidate for a resto. Cool that you found your build sheet in decent shape still.

I noticed that under your engine pic you mentioned that the motor was a T-I that Shelby upgraded to T-II specs. That is the case with the other cars but the 1989 Shelby CSX started out with a true T-II motor that Shelby upgraded to T-IV specs sans the balance shafts that Chrysler used on the 1990 VNT's. So you actually have a stronger motor than you thought.

Also the Recaros are interchangeable from side to side. By that I mean the drivers seat is the same as the passenger seat and you can swap them easily. This will put that worn bolster on the passenger side against the center console until you can get it recovered.

There is a steering wheel thread here where I was mentioning your exact Sterring wheel with the leather being worn through revealing the fake plastic wood underneath. Is it ok if I post your steering wheel pic in that thread?

Steve

Welcome to the Team Shelby Forums, greaser.

Your CSX looks like a great candidate for a resto. Cool that you found your build sheet in decent shape still.

I noticed that under your engine pic you mentioned that the motor was a T-I that Shelby upgraded to T-II specs. That is the case with the other cars but the 1989 Shelby CSX started out with a true T-II motor that Shelby upgraded to T-IV specs sans the balance shafts that Chrysler used on the 1990 VNT's. So you actually have a stronger motor than you thought.

Also the Recaros are interchangeable from side to side. By that I mean the drivers seat is the same as the passenger seat and you can swap them easily. This will put that worn bolster on the passenger side against the center console until you can get it recovered.

There is a steering wheel thread here where I was mentioning your exact Sterring wheel with the leather being worn through revealing the fake plastic wood underneath. Is it ok if I post your steering wheel pic in that thread?

Steve

thanks for the info steve and feal free to use that pic and if you need any others let me know.

Sweet greaser, that CSX needs you. Since it's a Recaro optioned car you might check to see if it was a 'wide tire' car too. It could be a 1 of 30 car or thereabouts. Not too sure how close to stock you are wanting for that car but I can tell you a good free flowing muffler will give you a heck of a power boost. The muffler on the 89 CSX-VNT was purposly restrictive to INCREASE the backpressure and DECREASE the shaft speed of the turbo, a premptive strike for warranty claims.

Looking forward to updates as your resto continues. BTW, the fabric for those seats is all but unobtainable but I may have enough spare material for that one bolster. PM me

Alan

Sweet greaser, that CSX needs you. Since it's a Recaro optioned car you might check to see if it was a 'wide tire' car too. It could be a 1 of 30 car or thereabouts. Not too sure how close to stock you are wanting for that car but I can tell you a good free flowing muffler will give you a heck of a power boost. The muffler on the 89 CSX-VNT was purposly restrictive to INCREASE the backpressure and DECREASE the shaft speed of the turbo, a premptive strike for warranty claims.

Looking forward to updates as your resto continues. BTW, the fabric for those seats is all but unobtainable but I may have enough spare material for that one bolster. PM me

Alan

i pmed you. i was thinking of geting some cloth silkscreened i know it wouldnt be correct but at least it would be done. if anyone else would like to get in on it let me know and ill start the prosses.

Awesome car! You're very fortunate to have found a build sheet in it.

What are your plans for the steering wheel? Have you found one in better shape or are you sending it out to be re-wrapped?

thanks guys im not sure how im going to go with the steering wheel yet but my new rear bumper cover should be here soon.

Archived