TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Does anyone else have their hood pins come out while driving???????

Mine were loose also got new rings from SAI also replaced cheap base plates with top quality plates from Tony Branda 23.95 TOP quality I used these on my 67 Shelby TEN years ago and they hold up no problems Bruce

I did the exact same thing. Now the rings stay in and the plate is thicker and much better quality. I had to ream out the holes in the Branda plates a little but that's all.

Both my hood pins lasted less than a week from picking up the car it's a '07..Either defective ones or dealership abuse ..

Moroso has some hood pin clips that fit the cable and are aprox the same size as the stock pins...

I am using these until i decide to go with the billet option from Shelby,or replacement from the dealer...

Both my hood pins lasted less than a week from picking up the car it's a '07..Either defective ones or dealership abuse ..

Moroso has some hood pin clips that fit the cable and are aprox the same size as the stock pins...

I am using these until i decide to go with the billet option from Shelby,or replacement from the dealer...

Get the replacement from the dealer. No brainer...FREE. The billet one are cool too but can take a little work to install and some, like me, are not too keen on the "Blue" lettering. Since I got my new set I have had no problems and I still like the old look of the original set but that could change.

I will get a new set when I bring the car in at some point. I live in New England so the car does not see much driving these days. It was warm enough today to wash it, although I did have to come inside a few times to warm up my hands. At least now it is clean in the garage, Now I can wax it a couple times.

• 2 weeks later...
Mine came out on the way home from buying the car! I was happy that it didn't scratch up the front from flapping around. My personal "fix" is to tuck the wire under the pin which keeps the ring from flipping up to an unlocked position.

Same thing happened to me on my 08. So I don't know if the new clips are really any better. But I like you idea of the wire. I'm going to strip the coating off of a twist tie and give it a try. :headspin:

Archived