TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 CSM Numbers

SGT/SC#0471

It's my understanding, and this is from conversations and observations, that they are "roughly" sequential especially later in the line. I don't believe there was a special effort made to make sure the cars numbers were EXACTLY in production order. That has never been represented as the case. These are "CSM" numbers, not production line numbers, but having said that they are pretty close with some exceptions and given the fact one car may take a little longer than another and leave the building after a car with a higher number etc.

Are you asking just out of curiosity or why do you ask?

Good stuff, I am just happy I have the updated Grill and Hood Scoop. That said, my car was made in June of 2007 according to my sticker in my door jamb. What month did Ford stop making the Mustang in 2007?

June.

I did at one time know the exact date but I can't find the reference now. MM may know as it's a date that's common knowledge.

To make your answer even more confusing. There are some CSM numbers that were special assignments. Meaning the owner or their agent made a special request for a specific number. There is at least one very low number out there that I know was built well after my car.

yeah, I was staying away from that one!

:headspin:

My car supposedly is the lowest numbered blue 08 SGT, but it was nowhere near the first one built. Probably 1000 blue ones built before mine. It's a long story. See my signature for the short version.

i.e. ordered in Jun 07 but didn't arrive at SAI until Nov 07. I originally requested and was approved for 08SGT0023 but was later informed that 1-219 were reserved for Grabber Orange GT-Cs. I then was offered 0220 by SAI.

UPDATE: The lowest CSM# for a Vista Blue SGT is 0218.

Thanks guys, i was just curious as the previous numbered car has shown up on the forum and I thought that was cool and a nice owner too. This site is cool. A friend of mine and I were talking about the numbers thats all. No worries, just trivia for me. Thanks Again!

Archived