TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Camera+Fresh Wax=A Few Photos

Florida Chris

Advice I was given from an autobody guy was,

Never wax new paint!!!

It seals the finish and does not allow the paint to cure

because it can't breath.

Once water stops beading on the surface of the paint,

then the paint is fully cured and hardened.

Makes sense to me.

KingCobra.

Never wax new paint!!!

because it can't breath.

Makes sense to me.

KingCobra.

Waiting 9 weeks is the norm. And thats with the older style paints. But that is a good tip!

Never wax new paint!!!

because it can't breath.

Makes sense to me.

KingCobra.

Isn't the paint on new cars baked on? If so, there's no need to let it cure unless the vehicle has been repainted.

-Chip in SC

Isn't the paint on new cars baked on? If so, there's no need to let it cure unless the vehicle has been repainted.

-Chip in SC

Newer paint doesn't need a cure time like the old paints that were around pre-EPA regulations.

I use Meguire's Nxt Wax on my cars. Easy on and off. Works great.

Newer paint doesn't need a cure time like the old paints that were around pre-EPA regulations.

I used NXT as well. Was very pleased with the results.

-Chip in SC

LOL

We can practice wax on wax off like the karate kid!

If its meguires on the paint, what do like for the tires and interior?

Later, Aaron

I used NXT as well. Was very pleased with the results.

-Chip in SC

Awesome looking combo! I ordered the same!! not sure when I'll get it. Small dealer non SVT,PC, etc. Your pics have convinced me to stick with Vista Blue. Looks like your in S. Florida?

CW

LOL

We can practice wax on wax off like the karate kid!

If its meguires on the paint, what do like for the tires and interior?

Later, Aaron

Believe it or not, I use Lemon Pledge on my tires. Doesn't sling off, not too glossy either. Doesn't last real long, but hey I wash my car(s) all the time so its no big deal.

I use Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer on the interior because it leaves no shine or residue.

I use Meguiar’s NXT Generation Speed Detailer between wax jobs.

I use Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather Wipes on all leather.

Awesome looking combo! I ordered the same!! not sure when I'll get it. Small dealer non SVT,PC, etc. Your pics have convinced me to stick with Vista Blue. Looks like your in S. Florida?

CW

I live in Gulf Stream Florida, it is a small town on the coast between Palm Beach and Boca Raton. For me I wanted a classic Shelby color, so it had to be Blue or White. Since my GT is white I went with Blue. I am really happy with the color.

Almost 2000 miles!

My favorite color combo Chris! How does it compare to your ford gt for performance even though I know they're 2 totally different cars. It's just that its amazing too me that we are getting incredible looks and perf. with a similar engine as the ford gt for at least less than 1/3 the price!!! AWESOME brother!!!

Maybe I missed this but why is your rear lower bumper painted like the GT/CS instead of being flat black???

Nah, the lower bumper is flat black, it is just hard to see in the picture. Here's a closeup.

My favorite color combo Chris! How does it compare to your ford gt for performance even though I know they're 2 totally different cars....

Well, you hit the nail on the head, they are totally different cars. They are clearly of the same family (sound very similar on start-up) but drive very differently. The GT will outperform the Shelby in all catagories, but my Shelby will get driven alot more frequently. The Shelby is more comfortable, easier to park and get in and out of. You can use it as a daily driver and still enjoy outstanding performance. I can honestly say I enjoy driving both of them equally, but they are quite different.

post-6306-1154508482_thumb.jpg

post-6306-1154508482_thumb.jpg

Nah, the lower bumper is flat black, it is just hard to see in the picture. Here's a closeup.

Well, you hit the nail on the head, they are totally different cars. They are clearly of the same family (sound very similar on start-up) but drive very differently. The GT will outperform the Shelby in all catagories, but my Shelby will get driven alot more frequently. The Shelby is more comfortable, easier to park and get in and out of. You can use it as a daily driver and still enjoy outstanding performance. I can honestly say I enjoy driving both of them equally, but they are quite different.

Hey Chris, he is right...your rear bumper is painted like a CS... the whole lower section should be black to tie into the rocker panels. Check out some of the othe pictures online to see what we're talking about.

Maybe I missed this but why is your rear lower bumper painted like the GT/CS instead of being flat black???

Oh, now I see what you are talking about. I thought you meant the diffuser area between the tail pipes.

Hey Chris, he is right...your rear bumper is painted like a CS... the whole lower section should be black to tie into the rocker panels. Check out some of the othe pictures online to see what we're talking about.

Damn, I had not noticed that! Hmmmm. Now what? I guess it should be easy to correct. Anyone else with this issue? Ideas on what to do?

I'll drop an email to my dealer, but he is 1000 miles away...

Almost 2000 miles!

Chris, great car. Thanks for posting the pics. I had thought about ordering a blue one, but switched to red because I saw some blue Mustangs that had a purple hue to them. I don't see that in your pictures. Is it visible on your car? Thanks

Almost 2000 miles!

Looks awsome - cant wait to get mine, suppose to be mid. Aug. Sorry Dodge but your Challenger does not even come close to this car in looks, IMO. The more I look at that Challenger the more plain looking it is, especially the front end, the more that I look at the Shelby the better looking it gets. Got a chance to see three of them at the Champ Car Grand Prix Race in Edmonton and pics do not justify this car.

Oh, now I see what you are talking about. I thought you meant the diffuser area between the tail pipes.

Damn, I had not noticed that! Hmmmm. Now what? I guess it should be easy to correct. Anyone else with this issue? Ideas on what to do?

Find out who the area Ford service and tech rep. is(either through dealership owner,etc.) for your location,and it will be put into his hands, for correcting the situation! You shouldn't have to travel anywhere,other than to your designated area Ford body shop for repainting and blending,etc. Give em hell!! :rant:

Looks awsome - cant wait to get mine, suppose to be mid. Aug. Sorry Dodge but your Challenger does not even come close to this car in looks, IMO. The more I look at that Challenger the more plain looking it is, especially the front end, the more that I look at the Shelby the better looking it gets. Got a chance to see three of them at the Champ Car Grand Prix Race in Edmonton and pics do not justify this car.

I don't know about that with the challenger and all,..as that is one sweet looking car! Remember,if your going to compare the shelby to the challenger in looks and/or performance, don't forget the top srt-8 model has not been revealed yet in looks or performance,just the recent challenger has. I say all that too say the srt-8 version(or whatever they will name it) will be the top model(like the shelby is for the mustang)and that will be introduced most likely 6 months after the initial run of challengers. And that baby,might have a big ol tough lookin nasty hoodscoop on it with more aggressive looks,and they might even drop in the 500+hp 6.4L into that version. Time will tell! It would be very cool too see some big ol 6-pack hood,shaker and T/A hood scoop on it though! I love the resurgence of the modern day retro version of the American muscle car wars!!! I love it!!! Obviously though, I'm partial too my avatar looking shelby that I'm still waiting for them too build,and that "Florida Chris" has in his possesion!! Way to go Chris!! You Rock brother!!!

Hey Chris,

Any Ford dealer should be able to handle this. None of your blue needs to be repainted...only the black protion. They just need to sand the black that is already there, and finish it all around the rear bumper in the impression. Should be a real easy job.

Guest evilchris

Hey Chris,

Any Ford dealer should be able to handle this. None of your blue needs to be repainted...only the black protion. They just need to sand the black that is already there, and finish it all around the rear bumper in the impression. Should be a real easy job.

What? That doesn't sound right....

I am thinking that could make Florida Chris' worth a bundle, like the upside down postage stamp and other irregulars? Thoughts?

:roses:

Hey Chris,

Nonononono.... it is the opposite of what you're describing. The problem here is the entire lower section of the bumper is supposed to be black (unpainted). The center section was left unpainted, but they painted the areas on either side blue when it was supposed to have been left black. Here is a pic of what it should look like:

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...ost&id=2068

Regardless, it's a beautiful car :bandance:

Archived