TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby - Fastest Car in the World

svtkeith

Hey Guys,

Check this out....the fastest production car in the world......256 mph.....faster than the Bugatti Veyron...... 0-60 in 2.7 secs....the car is called the Ultimate Aero SSC (Shelby Super Car). It's produced in the USA by Shelby but not Carroll Shelby, the owner and the brainchild of this super car is Jerod Shelby (no relation to Carroll).

I wonder what SAI is going to do about the manufacture name "Shelby".

Go to Google and search "SSC AERO", it's a very interesting read.

Funny thing is, I've never heard of the 'other' Shelby manufacturer before and I consider myself to be somewhat informed. Wonder where this guy got all the engineering and manufacturing capitol to make a whole car happen, much less the fastest prodution car in the world. Although at an expected production of only 50 cars, should that count? The old homologation benchmark for production used to be 500 cars IIRC.

Alan

Funny thing is, I've never heard of the 'other' Shelby manufacturer before and I consider myself to be somewhat informed. Wonder where this guy got all the engineering and manufacturing capitol to make a whole car happen, much less the fastest prodution car in the world. Although at an expected production of only 50 cars, should that count? The old homologation benchmark for production used to be 500 cars IIRC.

Alan

Hey Alan,

Yes the 500 mark is where I thought it had to be also, but I done some research and he's legit.

I know of some members on here that live in that area, I would like them to chime in and check that out.

I sense a lawsuit from SAI.

Hey Alan,

Yes the 500 mark is where I thought it had to be also, but I done some research and he's legit.

I know of some members on here that live in that area, I would like them to chime in and check that out.

I sense a lawsuit from SAI.

I will be in L.V. on monday 28th dropping my wife's Mercedes off at the dealership for some service work. They are giving me a loaner and if I have the time, I plan on going by the dealer which is nearby and check these out. Will post any info. if I get the chance to stop by and see them. Says on their website, they have 2 in stock.

Azbud

I will be in L.V. on monday 28th dropping my wife's Mercedes off at the dealership for some service work. They are giving me a loaner and if I have the time, I plan on going by the dealer which is nearby and check these out. Will post any info. if I get the chance to stop by and see them. Says on their website, they have 2 in stock.

Azbud

Thanks AZ, I don't understand how he can use the name Shelby on his car. :shrug:

Convince the wife to trade the Benz on a Shelby Super Car. :happy feet:

Have a good trip bud.

He can do that without any legal problems if Shelby is his birthname. But he has to put clear that he is not Carroll Shelby and he could not give his company the same name as Shelby Automotive.

Hey Bandit,

the guys name is Jerod Shelby.... the manufacture's name is Shelby.

Google SSC Aero it's an interesting read.

He can do that without any legal problems if Shelby is his birthname. But he has to put clear that he is not Carroll Shelby and he could not give his company the same name as Shelby Automotive.

+1 exactly

I'll let him use Carnut Automotive if he wants to :happy feet:

The Carnut Super Car, that sounds pretty good, just kind of rolls off the tounge.

Jerod, give me a call. We can work something out. :waiting:

The nutt mobile. :hysterical:

Archived