TEAM SHELBY FORUM

navigation

wkb_merged

In the old days the systems tapped off the car's systems to determine if the car was moving and you could ground a wire or short some pins. Today however the software is smarter and simply uses the GPS systems own monitoring of thecar's movement to enable or disable. I did a pretty extensive search and found that while there are some units that can be worked around with some soldering etc., I don't think that's something you're going to want to do.

If someone has better info I'm sure they'll post.

Does anyone know how to disable the "in motion" feature of the optional navigation system? Entries into many of the systems functions are not possible while in motion. I understand the point of the feature, but a passenger can safely enter info. while in motion.

Is navigation available with Shaker 1000?

dont believe so, either the Shaker 500, Shaker 1000 or DVD based Nav....I must say the stereo with the Nav is exceptional. But then again I mostly listen to hair bands and that doesnt have too much bass...for the most part.

• 1 month later...
dont believe so, either the Shaker 500, Shaker 1000 or DVD based Nav....I must say the stereo with the Nav is exceptional. But then again I mostly listen to hair bands and that doesnt have too much bass...for the most part.

Does our Nav system play DVD's?

A have the Pioneer AVICD3 nav unit, so I'm not sure if this will help.

It has a similiar feature, but it is attached to the e brake. So, I just pull up a little on the brake handle to the first click (not enough to apply the brake). I then have full access to the nav features including re-routing, etc.

Oh, BTW, it does play DVD's, movies, etc. and has a fantactic iPod interface that displays a fully functional virtual iPod control wheel on the screen and the song info.

But, like I said, it may not apply to the factory unit.

My buddy with an 07 Chevy Tahoe with Navigation spent a month or so scouring the internet and finally found a work around that allows him to punch in a override code when he starts his car and it allows him to operate his Nav system while driving and also watch DVDs.

Archived