TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Before this site moves......

07SamanthaGT

I would like to thank all of you for being quite courteous on here to a non SGT owner. I do not post alot because it is really your forum, but I post on things that may be common between our cars. So anyway I have never seen a "negative looking down my nose" type of comment from any of you toward a non Shelby owner. For that I think you Guys/Gals are awesome. I have met only 1 of you. Ed S. He is a class act. Can't wait to meet up and chat with you again. I look forward to being on the new site and believe that the maturity level over there is lower than in here. Anyway on the new site I am Gibs07GTcpe. Thanks for reading.

Gib

BTW: 08 Vista Blue SGT is in my wifes future. She has seen AF Blue's signature too many times.

I would like to thank all of you for being quite courteous on here to a non SGT owner. I do not post alot because it is really your forum, but I post on things that may be common between our cars. So anyway I have never seen a "negative looking down my nose" type of comment from any of you toward a non Shelby owner. For that I think you Guys/Gals are awesome. I have met only 1 of you. Ed S. He is a class act. Can't wait to meet up and chat with you again. I look forward to being on the new site and believe that the maturity level over there is lower than in here. Anyway on the new site I am Gibs07GTcpe. Thanks for reading.

Gib

BTW: 08 Vista Blue SGT is in my wifes future. She has seen AF Blue's signature too many times.

Glad you enjoyed hanging out with us. Hopefully there will be many conversations for all of us on the other site in the future.

Gib

Thanks Gib,

Very much appreciated. :)

Looking forward to the next GTG in our area........

As for Blue's sig, He's got me wanting those 1/4 window trim.................

Thanks Gib,

Very much appreciated. :)

Looking forward to the next GTG in our area........

As for Blue's sig, He's got me wanting those 1/4 window trim.................

Yes. I wonder how they'd look on black...?

Gib

Your the type of people we like to respond too, thanks for the post. The other forum is way to heated and not really very mature people post there. I think Shelby will lose a lot of posters and dedicated Shelby people once this goes over there, I hope it never does.

Your the type of people we like to respond too, thanks for the post. The other forum is way to heated and not really very mature people post there. I think Shelby will lose a lot of posters and dedicated Shelby people once this goes over there, I hope it never does.

Gib, of course you were treated courtesly, you should not have expected less. You do not need to own a SGT to participate. You were treated as you treated others.

Gib, of course you were treated courtesly, you should not have expected less. You do not need to own a SGT to participate. You were treated as you treated others.

+1, thanks.

Actual SGT ownership never struck me as a requirement here. However, deportment does, and it can leave a bruise when mishandled. You (and others) are always welcome here, just wipe your feet at the door?

+1, thanks.

Actual SGT ownership never struck me as a requirement here. However, deportment does, and it can leave a bruise when mishandled. You (and others) are always welcome here, just wipe your feet at the door?

Gentlemen,

It's all about maturity.

I sense alot of children in the other forum.

Tony: Class of '71 but didn't have to go to 'Nam. (My lottery # was something like 350). Alot of my class went and more than a few of them have their names on the wall. Sigh. I never got a deferrment. The Navy tried to get me to go to "nooclear" school (I actually understood quantum mechanics). Signing up for 4 years of sub duty 3 months before my wedding just didn't work. Today I noodle around with hard drives.

Gentlemen,

It's all about maturity.

I sense alot of children in the other forum.

Tony: Class of '71 but didn't have to go to 'Nam. (My lottery # was something like 350). Alot of my class went and more than a few of them have their names on the wall. Sigh. I never got a deferrment. The Navy tried to get me to go to "nooclear" school (I actually understood quantum mechanics). Signing up for 4 years of sub duty 3 months before my wedding just didn't work. Today I noodle around with hard drives.

Like everyone else I hope our transfer to the new site goes smoothly and there are no issues. But just in case there is does someone here have the ability to establish a web site for us. I am not that computer literate and do not know the technical requirements or costs. But is this feasible? Would we have to pay an annual fee etc to maintain our SGT site?

Like everyone else I hope our transfer to the new site goes smoothly and there are no issues. But just in case there is does someone here have the ability to establish a web site for us. I am not that computer literate and do not know the technical requirements or costs. But is this feasible? Would we have to pay an annual fee etc to maintain our SGT site?

Just replying to this one because no one else has, but I could do it. Programming has been paying the bills around here for over 10 years now. There are 3 major things to consider when hosting sites...uptime, speed, and disaster recovery.

I've been hosting just my family's website on my linux server here at the house for about 5 years now with no problems. I have comcast cable and it is plenty fast for a site like this. The cost of doing something like this is cheap and I would not even consider taking money for it. I'm sure there are plenty of other SGT owners that work in IT and are computer literate here as well, but IF necessary I could do it.

Now, having said that, I really hope someone else would step up to the task :D

I would love that. Just keep the SGT site on its own......

www.SGT.com That would be sweet.

Well one of my other clubs uses this company.....

http://www.montecarlohosting.net/content/view/18/43/

The club is www.wickedstangs.com

Gib

Well, I made the suggestion, but certainly do not have the knowledge or ability to make this happen. Maybe this is the answer to our question. Maybe it would just be easier to keep an SGT site for our family. We could still be members of the other site but if things are not working out then just confine ourselves to OUR site. How many would be interested in maintaining this site?

How many would be interested in maintaining this site?

Well I would help with funds. I am military though so it would not be a massive amount. That site I posted appeared to only be 249/year. If everyone put up 5 bucks it would be easy to maintain. The more people that search the web for SGT's the more people there would be and so on and so on. Just my .02

Gib

Guys I think that's a great idea. Even if it takes some donations. I've been on both sites for the past 3 months and this one is by far the best. I just came from there and there's much more activity here than on the Shelby GT forum there. I'd hate to see the last of this site. Hands down the best.

Jim

I don't think this site is going anywhere at all. Just need to keep each other up to date on the back door.

I'm Irish, and the Irish welcome family and friends through the kitchen door. Strangers ring the front door bell and wait on the stoop until someone feels like answering the door.

Post on, gents. We have some time here, and with a lot less "banners" and links slowing things down.

Archived