TEAM SHELBY FORUM

VEGAS

pottydr_merged

I'm 100% behind this, just tell me where to send my contribution?

The owner is going to have some insurance claim problems, car being on the track and all. Maybe best not to mention it to them at all.

Meanwhile, this is where "family" really steps into real time. We can talk "family" crap all day long, but when the chips are down for one of us, who's standing up?

I am, got a spare 100 bucks (if there is such a thing) here for this cause, maybe more if necessary. Where do I send it?

C'mon y'all, back a brother SGT owner. I've done this before, backed a brother Marauder owner on hard times with a blown bottom end. Wasn't hard to collect the funds to get him back on the road, and he paid us all back ten-fold since then.

Make the move, it's a good feeling to help out another in need.

What's next?

I would be willing to help out some. I don't have much but I'm sure I could shake a few bucks loose.

Maybe we could get Michael Morris to let us use his PayPal account to collect the money.

Adam, any input?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be willing to help out some. I don't have much but I'm sure I could shake a few bucks loose.

Maybe we could get Michael Morris to let us use his PayPal account to collect the money.

Adam, any input?

Count me in for 50. I just urge the owner to ensure he handles this and does not try to pass it off as a hit-skip accident etc. It is not worth it. Who else is able to help?

I have seen the photos and assume this will easily be over 5 K in damages.

Just got home from vegas and loading pictures as we speak. It's a road course in the infield. Last turn before the front straight. He is ok but as you can imagine, his pride was hurt, the car is hurt pretty good to. I dont know his name but, it was not pretty. I was able to get down to it before the clean up. White SGT. I felt so bad for the guy............

Other then that, It was a great day!!!!!!!

Great meeting you pottydr

Great meeting you also, wish I had more time to BS, but I had many things going on, we will meet again Iam sure. Rick

Guys, I spoke with Stve this morning. He is ok. The car is remaining at Shelby. It will be taken to a body shop for repair. Steve or Cobrawertz can fill you in. The is much more damage than it looks. Steve's estimate is between $17 and $20K.

Guys, I spoke with Stve this morning. He is ok. The car is remaining at Shelby. It will be taken to a body shop for repair. Steve or Cobrawertz can fill you in. The is much more damage than it looks. Steve's estimate is between $17 and $20K.

Great to hear he's ok.............. :)

Too bad about his car. I hope it all works out for him. Hang in thier Steve!

I'm 100% behind this, just tell me where to send my contribution?

The owner is going to have some insurance claim problems, car being on the track and all. Maybe best not to mention it to them at all.

Meanwhile, this is where "family" really steps into real time. We can talk "family" crap all day long, but when the chips are down for one of us, who's standing up?

I am, got a spare 100 bucks (if there is such a thing) here for this cause, maybe more if necessary. Where do I send it?

C'mon y'all, back a brother SGT owner. I've done this before, backed a brother Marauder owner on hard times with a blown bottom end. Wasn't hard to collect the funds to get him back on the road, and he paid us all back ten-fold since then.

Make the move, it's a good feeling to help out another in need.

What's next?

I'm sure you all mean well, but, I think your insulting this guy by offering money to fix his car. It's bad enough to have a wreck like that, but then to treat him like a 12yr old,........... not good.

I'm sure you all mean well, but, I think your insulting this guy by offering money to fix his car. It's bad enough to have a wreck like that, but then to treat him like a 12yr old,........... not good.

I'm not making the connection here. Not my intent to insult anyone, just offering a helping hand. I've done it before, and it was appreciated. If I am out of line here, I apologize. I just don't see it that way.

when it comes to internet chats and internet forums i been doin this for 10 years and have seen and participated in all kinds of trash talking so i'm pretty thick skinned when it comes to this kindof atmosphere: now this is a post from one of the comedians in the other site which got my attention...

Let's get one thing straight here. I do care about someones safety & someones life more than a car, yes, it's only a car.

Second, the folks on this forum board who keep segregating Shelby car models are the ones drawing a line in the sand saying it’s us vs. them, I'm not sure if you think I'm one of them but I'm not & I'm sorry he hit the wall but that's the chance you take any time you go onto the track.

Third, If I owned a Shebly it would never see the track, a purposely built race car made for track use only, yes, it would see the track.

You know darn well that when folks go to a track day event someone is going to end up driving in over their head trying to prove they can go faster then the car was built for or driving over their driving talent instead of just making laps & enjoying the pleasure of just being able to do so safely. I do hope they are OK & they only have a Bruised EGO, but stock cars don't have roll bars & safety cages.

One thing to remember is that once your Dream Car hits the track, your insurance policy is no longer in effect & no claims can be filed for ANY damage that may occur. If you took your so called DREAM car out there & raced it that hard & crashed it, then you must have enough money to repair it, and if you don't then I can think of a couple more discriptive words to add to this statement.

So lighten up forum board police.

it came to my attention because this fool doesnt realize that most of you and I ALREADY know about insurances usually becoming ineffective on a race track. reason why it came to my attention was because it was an insult to my and possibly others' intelligence. WE ALREADY KNOW THE RISKS! besides the subject of insurance wasnt the issue there. the issue was about the untactful sense of humor that was conveyed by him and the other person.

all i can say is at the very least--yeah its ok to have a sense of humor and it sometimes helps to get a friend or someone through a bad situation. its normal, but at least be tactful about it. especially when someone's physical wellbeing may be in question. if u make a humorous remark at least follow it up with a statement saying that you hope the person wasnt hurt or hurt too bad so others wont take it the wrong way by showing that you DO still have some level of concern.

i'm a veteran when it comes to this kindof retardedness rather its from one side or the other or on both sides of any fence, so i didnt really feel like jumping into the poop fest to flex my muscles.

but i just now decided to at least make a comment about how i felt about this particular post the person made just so u guys know i'm not dead. :P

edit: oh and i just want to say i hope the driver is ok. :mellow: didnt get to say that in the thread in time before it was closed.

Sorry you feel that way . You can take a cue from 'Ilmor ' who also owns a SGT but participates in many threads across the board without feeling like he doesn't belong there. We all have Mustangs and other Ford powered vehicles some with the Shelby name some not ,so what's the problem ? We all love these cars and enjoy talking and learning about them so I hope you will feel comfortable in sharing info and ideas about your car with all the members at Team Shelby . You never know you might even get to know and like some more enthusiasts like yourself even though they drive something different. BTW these cars have a lot in common so many of the componants are shared by both.

I think all will be fine when the transition is made and everyone is posting on Team Shelby. I'm anxious to see it get done and over with so I only have to look at one forum!! :D

So sorry to read about the SGT driver who crashed. I assume from the posts that he is OK and of course that it the most important thing. I hope that he is able to take care of the car repairs without too much financial pain.

Archived