TEAM SHELBY FORUM

VEGAS

pottydr_merged

Somebody from adams and rogers group hit the wall and messed up his car, not sure who it was, I looked down there and it was a white SGT, me and my daughter are having a great time, She lost in the 1/4 to adam and then she beat a GT500 and he wasnt happy, I beat 2 differnt GTH's best I could do was 14.00 and that non-s/c, my daughter had a better time than me, I hope it is because I weigh 200 more than she does,

cocktail party tonite :)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats pretty horrible news hope it all turns out ok. That track is almost all banked turn I would have thought we could go WOT all the way around.

Just got home from vegas and loading pictures as we speak. It's a road course in the infield. Last turn before the front straight. He is ok but as you can imagine, his pride was hurt, the car is hurt pretty good to. I dont know his name but, it was not pretty. I was able to get down to it before the clean up. White SGT. I felt so bad for the guy............

Other then that, It was a great day!!!!!!!

Great meeting you pottydr

Just got home from vegas and loading pictures as we speak. It's a road course in the infield. Last turn before the front straight. He is ok but as you can imagine, his pride was hurt, the car is hurt pretty good to. I dont know his name but, it was not pretty. I was able to get down to it before the clean up. White SGT. I felt so bad for the guy............

Other then that, It was a great day!!!!!!!

Great meeting you pottydr

Hope you're going to share those pics with those of us that weren't able to attend.

Here is a real good example of why I don't like the new forum. I posted a link over there to this thread and a simple note to let people over there know since I know quite a few people from that board went to Vegas. Instead of showing concern there is a wise remark about being close to the manufacturer for repairs and a couple of the rotflmao icons.

You would at least think those guys could be somewhat considerate.

Well at least he is OK. I am sure he is pretty bummed but it could defnitely be worse.

As far as the other forum attitude that is par for the course it seems. Lets hope it changes once we start going there. If it doesnt we can always start up our own boards and keep on going.

Adam, are you guys having some serious fun or what? Keep an eye on Roger. He is getting older and may not be able to handle all the excitement ;)

Here is a real good example of why I don't like the new forum. I posted a link over there to this thread and a simple note to let people over there know since I know quite a few people from that board went to Vegas. Instead of showing concern there is a wise remark about being close to the manufacturer for repairs and a couple of the rotflmao icons.

I posted a serious question and noticed the thread had been hijacked. There was a lot of smart a*s*s remarks and the emotioncons. I finally stated the thread was serious and been hijacked by children. I suggested they use the threads for those 12 and under. That was the end of it.

The new site will remain in their hands only if we let them! It is our site now!!! Frankie listed a short statement under his name that he was a former Shelby Family Forum Member. We all need to do this so we can know whom to trust. Most importantly they need to know there is a new Sheriff in town and we call them on their childish acts. Eventually SAI will have to step in if they do not grow up or it will be the end of the site.

I posted a serious question and noticed the thread had been hijacked. There was a lot of smart a*s*s remarks and the emotioncons. I finally stated the thread was serious and been hijacked by children. I suggested they use the threads for those 12 and under. That was the end of it.

The new site will remain in their hands only if we let them! It is our site now!!! Frankie listed a short statement under his name that he was a former Shelby Family Forum Member. We all need to do this so we can know whom to trust. Most importantly they need to know there is a new Sheriff in town and we call them on their childish acts. Eventually SAI will have to step in if they do not grow up or it will be the end of the site.

Some of us already have SGT Mafia tags under our names. Maybe we need to either use that since it is established or come up with another tag for our group.

Any ideas?

Chill out , there was only one post made that was inappropriate and childish.

Thanks for posting the info . It was a very unfortunate thing and I can assure you no one thinks it's funny and we all know how much these cars mean to each of us.

I hope it can be repaired like new and doesn't ruin the rest of his time out there. I only wish I could have been there myself.

Chill out , there was only one post made that was inappropriate and childish.

Thanks for posting the info . It was a very unfortunate thing and I can assure you no one thinks it's funny and we all know how much these cars mean to each of us.

I hope it can be repaired like new and doesn't ruin the rest of his time out there. I only wish I could have been there myself.

True, there was only one direct response but there was a comment continuing the first. I may have taken it a little to harshly but the first poster was the one I was riled at. There are things to joke about and things not to joke at. A wreck is one that should not be joked at until it is confirmed that there are no injuries and a level of driver stupidity is established. In this case neither was confirmed.

Actually there were two. One by Master Yoda and one by LuisA. The first mentioned it was close to the manufacturer and then a silly emotioncon. Then the second just showed a silly childish emotioncon in support. They may have edited their own statements by now after having been called to task.

We will all need to be vigilant. The new site is our site. It is the Shelby site so it is an extension of this site.

To paraphrase Edmond Burke, the only thing necessary for evil to exist is for good men to do nothing. We have to control the new site! Constantly calling attention to the children until they are embarassed or change.

Actually there were two. One by Master Yoda and one by LuisA. The first mentioned it was close to the manufacturer and then a silly emotioncon. Then the second just showed a silly childish emotioncon in support. They may have edited their own statements by now after having been called to task.

We will all need to be vigilant. The new site is our site. It is the Shelby site so it is an extension of this site.

To paraphrase Edmond Burke, the only thing necessary for evil to exist is for good men to do nothing. We have to control the new site! Constantly calling attention to the children until they are embarassed or change.

They have not edited them. They are both just like they were. I just thought it showed a huge lack of consideration and a lot of immaturity to post a comment with the laughing emoticon without knowing if someone was injured or what the circumstances were.

You are right to be vigilant but you did say there were " a lot of smart A's remarks " when there was actually only one remark. It serves no purpose to exagerate except to make it look like everyone from the stangsunleashed site were all like that. That's why I said to chill out thats all.

They have not edited them. They are both just like they were. I just thought it showed a huge lack of consideration and a lot of immaturity to post a comment with the laughing emoticon without knowing if someone was injured or what the circumstances were.

Point well taken I agree 100%.

You are right to be vigilant but you did say there were " a lot of smart A's remarks " when there was actually only one remark. It serves no purpose to exagerate except to make it look like everyone from the stangsunleashed site were all like that. That's why I said to chill out thats all.

Point well taken I agree 100%.

Read 07SGT's comment again. He was talking about another thread and using it as an example. Also I plainly stated in my original post that there was a response, not several.

We don't think everyone over there is like that, just a few.

True, there was only one direct response but there was a comment continuing the first. I may have taken it a little to harshly but the first poster was the one I was riled at. There are things to joke about and things not to joke at. A wreck is one that should not be joked at until it is confirmed that there are no injuries and a level of driver stupidity is established. In this case neither was confirmed.

I understand how you feel and don't blame you for feeling that way .

Read 07SGT's comment again. He was talking about another thread and using it as an example. Also I plainly stated in my original post that there was a response, not several.

We don't think everyone over there is like that, just a few.

There are some who think they are being funny and joke about many things this particular one was def out of line and over the top so a reprimand was indeed in order.

I try to ignore the others most of the time especially if they interrupt a technical issue . That's why in the early days the "off topic " area was created so they could go off topic with any subject all they want and not affect a serious discussion. I hate it when an important thread is hijacked by nonsence and childish behavior.

I posted over there, and expressed my disapproval of any jokes.

Yeah...Sh*t happens on the track. Cars can get fix, sometimes better than new. Human bodies do not respond as well. I simply expressed hope that the driver was okay, and any injury was minor and ammendable.

I really don't like that site much, I didn't like the Amy bashing I found. But, none of us may get a choice, so, let's do what we can to minimize the friction?

Again, I hope the driver (and owner) are okay, cars can get fixed.

Y'all be careful out there, the Internet "information super-highway"has potholes too...

Check out the newest post from stpracer43. Dont think he likes us much.

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14700

That is putting it nicely...He really doesn't like you guys at all.....

It is interesting to note the different tone you get on this site vs TeamShelby. I also find it interesting how GT500 owners like to comment in the SGT forum areas. I'm not saying they can't...I just have little desire to comment in the GT500 areas...so I don't understand why they like to comment in the SGT areas. Maybe it's just me. :unsure:

Yep. Said it before (more than once), that I hope it will be better over there, but it will never be like on here. Too bad. I'm gonna miss this place.

It is interesting to note the different tone you get on this site vs TeamShelby. I also find it interesting how GT500 owners like to comment in the SGT forum areas. I'm not saying they can't...I just have little desire to comment in the GT500 areas...so I don't understand why they like to comment in the SGT areas. Maybe it's just me. :unsure:

Sorry you feel that way . You can take a cue from 'Ilmor ' who also owns a SGT but participates in many threads across the board without feeling like he doesn't belong there. We all have Mustangs and other Ford powered vehicles some with the Shelby name some not ,so what's the problem ? We all love these cars and enjoy talking and learning about them so I hope you will feel comfortable in sharing info and ideas about your car with all the members at Team Shelby . You never know you might even get to know and like some more enthusiasts like yourself even though they drive something different. BTW these cars have a lot in common so many of the componants are shared by both.

Sorry you feel that way . You can take a cue from 'Ilmor ' who also owns a SGT but participates in many threads across the board without feeling like he doesn't belong there. We all have Mustangs and other Ford powered vehicles some with the Shelby name some not ,so what's the problem ? We all love these cars and enjoy talking and learning about them so I hope you will feel comfortable in sharing info and ideas about your car with all the members at Team Shelby . You never know you might even get to know and like some more enthusiasts like yourself even though they drive something different. BTW these cars have a lot in common so many of the componants are shared by both.

I own both and enjoy the interaction, on balance Team Shelby has MUCH more positives going on than the few problems. The owners of the site ,Robert and Sharon are two of the Koolest people I have ever met. I know that by itself does not show the "Personality" of a site, but the US versus THEM mentality is a sure way to bring us all down. B)

I don't think you're alone at all Berg--I like the GT500, I just don't feel the need to go in their board and clutter up their posts with comments. i read some of them, but I don't comment about them since I don't have one.

I did see a post on the SGT boards though, that I thought was really funny-I have to paraphrase because I can't remember where it was to put the link, but it was "I don't own a Shelby, but if I did..."

Yep. Said it before (more than once), that I hope it will be better over there, but it will never be like on here. Too bad. I'm gonna miss this place.

We interup this thread for a brief anouncement...........................

I like that 1/4 trim on the window Blue. After seeing it on your's ,im going to get it. Looks sweet.......... :)

Now back to our original thread.........................

I don't think you're alone at all Berg--I like the GT500, I just don't feel the need to go in their board and clutter up their posts with comments. i read some of them, but I don't comment about them since I don't have one.

I did see a post on the SGT boards though, that I thought was really funny-I have to paraphrase because I can't remember where it was to put the link, but it was "I don't own a Shelby, but if I did..."

Surprisingly the remark about If I did own a Shelby...was posted by the person that made the initial remark about the SGT driver hitting the wall and laughing.

I have a hard time understanding you guys attitude. You're going to a new site and the site is what it is, for you to go in thinking its somhow yours or that you are being forced to go with a bad attitude is what will cause the friction. They exist now and are doing just fine without us I'm sure they couldn't care less if we go or not and they certainly don't want to catch a bunch of BS from the new guys. This is not your site its a public forum and we'll need to handle ourselves appropriately.

The GT500 has more in common with our cars then differences an aweful lot of the technical will go both ways, so why not watch both and participate. /rant off

Archived