TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I'm thinking...

LuLu

I truly respect all branches that serve our beloved country, even the Air Force. The AF is the only one I even have a bit of dislike for, and I guess thats only jealousy because that has got to be the best job in times of deployment as well as when countryside.

<_<

I'm sure many of you have heard this old joke

An Army grunt stands in the rain with a 15 kg. pack on his back, 5 kg. weapon in hand, after having marched 15 km, and says, "This sucks."

An Army Airborne Ranger stands waist deep in the rain with a 25 kg. pack on his back,

weapon in hand, after having jumped from an airplane and marched 30 km,

and says with a smile, "This sucks just fine!"

A Special Forces soldier lies in the mud, 40 kg pack on his back,

weapon in hand, after swimming 10 km to shore, crawling through a swamp and

marching 40 km at night past the enemy positions,

says with a grin, while biting the head of a snake "This really sucks, I wish it could suck more....."

An Air Force Pilot flying over the battlefield, the rain is pouring down,

looks down at the soldiers below and says: "Sure sucks down there!"

An Air Force officer sits in an easy chair in his air conditioned,

carpeted room and says to his friend, "Man.. Cable's out! This sucks!"

Having said that, I can assure you that there are quite a few Air Force personnel on the ground in Iraq and Afghanistan working side by side with their Army and Marines counterparts.

I'm sure many of you have heard this old joke

Old Joke? Ive spent time on an Army base (Fort Dix), Nave Base (Oceana, Pensacola, and Willowgrove), and an Air Force Base (Andrews), as well as a few MCAS's. By far the AF has the best base and accomidations. I call it pretty nice when you dont even have to clear your dishes from the table. And yes, for those of you that dont know, your tax dollars are paying civilians to clear the Airmens table after he eats. And this is only one example.

Like I said its only jealousy. Im proud of what I did but would also recommend to someone going into the service to go into the AF.

This isnt to descredit the many Airmen serving next to their counterparts overseas. They are doing a great job.

Guess i'm not a six banger kind of guy. If a Mustang is what you want for a daily i would go for a GT if fuel mileage isn't an issue. My wifes 06 GT with the auto will get 28 mpg on the highway running the a/c at 80 mph. Of course it doesn't retain the mpg around town that a six will.

My daily is a 2000 F150 reg. cab short bed 4wd with the 5.4 that i ordered new, and 18 mpg highway and 14 mpg around town is as good as it gets.

Archived