TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Site change

HARALD KELLEY

How will the site change (move) happen to Team Shelby on the 11th? Will we all move over or do we need to register at that site? Will we get a redirect promp etc.?

I am concerned about some of the attitudes by some of those members. I hope many of you will move over when this site closes. I also hope we can use our current names. I have been on the SGT site of this forum and they also are a bunch of great guys and gals. No one seems to trash each other. I have seen some disturbing comments on the Team Shelby site.

I guess it will be what we make it.

To all that are going to the Birthday Bash, have a great time and cherish the moment. :))

If someone can ask Mr. Shelby if it was #50 that was driven when he did the "Now Thats A Rental Car" clip, that would be awsome. :)

Again, have a great time and I hope to se you all on the Team Shelby forum.

How will the site change (move) happen to Team Shelby on the 11th? Will we all move over or do we need to register at that site? Will we get a redirect promp etc.?

I am concerned about some of the attitudes by some of those members. I hope many of you will move over when this site closes. I also hope we can use our current names. I have been on the SGT site of this forum and they also are a bunch of great guys and gals. No one seems to trash each other. I have seen some disturbing comments on the Team Shelby site.

I guess it will be what we make it.

To all that are going to the Birthday Bash, have a great time and cherish the moment. :))

If someone can ask Mr. Shelby if it was #50 that was driven when he did the "Now Thats A Rental Car" clip, that would be awsome. :)

Again, have a great time and I hope to se you all on the Team Shelby forum.

Harald,

A few tidbits I have found on the GT-H in my research on the car. The "That's What I Call A Rental Car" video first aired at the NY Auto show where the GT-H was announced on April 12-16, 2006. The first production cars were just being built at that time and the first truckload left SAI around April 25. 7 cars a day was the production goal for the GT-H, and the first 25 cars took longer as the process developed and they did all the "special" exec cars.

Look on your paperwork from Hertz, the Shelby conversion date will be there, as will the title transfer date from Ford and the build date. Compare to the dates of the NY Auto show to see if it is possible fot #50 to be the video car. The timing may be a bit tight for it to have worked.

The pre delivery Record indicates a 4/11/06 delivery date. The CS invoice is dated 4/28/06. The car was at McCarren Airport Las Vegas. Based on the dates, it most likely was not the car driven if I am looking at this correctly. However the car was used as part of the montage .

Thanks

The pre delivery Record indicates a 4/11/06 delivery date. The CS invoice is dated 4/28/06. The car was at McCarren Airport Las Vegas. Based on the dates, it most likely was not the car driven if I am looking at this correctly. However the car was used as part of the montage .

Thanks

If the montage you are referring to is the one on YouTube, that was made by someone who rented #50, downloaded the video from the Web and spliced it together with his/her own photos of 50 and other stock photos from the internet. (If you look closely some of the YouTube stills they still retain the ShelbyAutos.com and GT500Source.com ghost images) Although the YouTube video contains the "Rental Car" video, the still frames attached to it were never part of the original airing at NYIAS.

Nonetheless it's a cool part of the legacy of 50. I don't have anything similar with my car.

Archived