TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hood Pins

Reino

Ordered my hood pins today along with the Stamped Aluminum Map light accent (I dont care for it but the wife liked it)

Hood Pins:

http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/Show...0pin%20kit.aspx

Was thinking about stripping the blu paint (I have a 07 White SGT) and possible repainting them. Has anyone tried this? Id like to repaint them either white or metallic silver to match the stripes. Im not sure which would look best.

Any advice, thought or opinions would be much appreciated.

Ordered my hood pins today along with the Stamped Aluminum Map light accent (I dont care for it but the wife liked it)

Hood Pins:

Was thinking about stripping the blu paint (I have a 07 White SGT) and possible repainting them. Has anyone tried this? Id like to repaint them either white or metallic silver to match the stripes. Im not sure which would look best.

I would think your best bet would be to simply remove the paint. I was thinking of doing the same if I ever get a set. I don't like the blue. I'm sure someone here knows of a tool that can sand down the and remove the paint in the little depression of the letters.

Do you think that would work?

-Jeff

Sanding might work, but I was thinking more along the line of paint thinner on a q-tip. Not sure which would work best. they probably have little sanders for models which might work well as well. Ill let you knwo what I come up with.

The other part im not too sure on is which color would look better. The silver might not look so hot as the hood pins are aluminum and might be too close of a color, maybe the same with white. Either way I dont want blue. Id rather just have the Shelby impression unpainted then blue.

Hood Pins:

I don't think those are painted. They look like the original chrome on my black 07...

I think these would look sweet on the white.

Dan

I don't think those are painted. They look like the original chrome on my black 07...

I think these would look sweet on the white.

Dan

Dan, I think your looking at the wrong pic. Look at the top pit with the blu "Shelby" engraved in the pin. If I knew more about computers Id just post the pic but since I dont, all you get is the link.

I thought about the black but dont think Id care for the look as much as the unpainted aluminum.

I got the hood pins for xmas but havent had time to do anything with them yet. I got a bunch of cool Mustang/Shelby goodies for xmas actually. Ill post them before next xmas!LOl Anyway I will look at mine tonight and see if they are painted or powder coated. If its paint there is a product made by a company called "Zep" and its called "Zep Off". I havent used it in like 15 years but it came in a spray can and you spray it on and watch it bubble off all the paint. You muct wear gloves. If you really hated someone you could really F up their car with this stuff. Its nasty. It would definitely take it off.

I also purchase the billet hood pins. I don't understand why they didn't offer w/o the blue inset. I might use duct tape (time consuming) and cut around the word shelby then use the small bead blasting machine at work to see how that works then leave it unpainted. I think the Zep with a q-tip would work to. Please post pics of those of you that tried something, thanks.

Sounds like a good idea. Too bad after 25 minutes of searching I can only come up with a link where I can buy a case of 12 for 90 bucks.

My computer skills are way below par today but If you go here and type Zep off in the search it will come up.

http://www.vendorsequipment.com/foundation....asp?search=yes

Ill try a stripper when I get them and if it doesnt work maybe I can get a can of Zep at a local store.

Thanks

Dan, I think your looking at the wrong pic. Look at the top pit with the blu "Shelby" engraved in the pin. If I knew more about computers Id just post the pic but since I dont, all you get is the link.

I thought about the black but dont think Id care for the look as much as the unpainted aluminum.

Ahhh...lol :D (never mind) :rolleyes:

The newer pins are cool indeed. But for me, I am going to leave the original versions on the car. I thought about buying a set of the new pins and keeping my older ones in case I wanted to take it back to stock, however- I find myself wanting to keep the SGT to the original factory specs as the day I brought her home from the dealership.

Having options on these cars is what makes these fun for everyone! I will most likely pick up a set of SGT wheel caps as well as the rear trunk / gas cap once it is available. I just won't put them on the car but rather have them as part of the collection surrounding the car. I recently bought an entire Shelby Chili Mix point of purchase display from the local grocery store becasue it has a header card showing a Black SGT give away program! I will keep that with the car too as opposed to installing it on the car itself :D

I just love owning a Shelby!

The newer pins are cool indeed. But for me, I am going to leave the original versions on the car. I thought about buying a set of the new pins and keeping my older ones in case I wanted to take it back to stock, however- I find myself wanting to keep the SGT to the original factory specs as the day I brought her home from the dealership.

Having options on these cars is what makes these fun for everyone! I will most likely pick up a set of SGT wheel caps as well as the rear trunk / gas cap once it is available. I just won't put them on the car but rather have them as part of the collection surrounding the car. I recently bought an entire Shelby Chili Mix point of purchase display from the local grocery store becasue it has a header card showing a Black SGT give away program! I will keep that with the car too as opposed to installing it on the car itself :D

That's what makes this site great. Individuals doing things their way. I can't say that I blame you a bit, keeping everything original. While I've made a few changes and will probably make a few more, I'm keeping everything and won't change anything that can't be put back to original. The chili display purchase is cool :lol:

Jim

I cant disagree with your message at all. For the first several months after I bought her I was wanting to keep it original until I die. But, lately Ive decided to do a few mods here and there. About a week ago I installed the sequentials and a 14" inch antenna. Then some knucklehead popped the hood without first removing the pins and this put me over the fence I was riding on wether or not to get the new hood pins. The other mods Id like to do is new wheels/tires, lower grille/lights/ducts, and then the two which cant be put back into original condition as easily, the brakes and S/C. Most of the things I want to do would be rather easy to change back to original, but then again I probably wont and leave it modded. I have never looked at this car as an investment like some have. This car is for my wife and myself to enjoy and if we enjoy it better with a few add-ons or mods then so be it. If someone enjoys their car origianl that is great too. I think people making little changes to their SGT's is what keeps interest in them. Much like the HD's, they just arnt the same as original from factory as they are after people make changes, but they are much better. You may have heard a factory exhaust on a HD, but I assure you havent heard many. The factory exhaust sucks and its extremenly quiet and thats the first thing that goes. I had the same thought on my newest bike when I bought it, "Keep it original". That lasted about a week, not nearly as long as the SGT.

I dont customize, I personalize.

You bring up another good point though, anyone hear anything about the new gas cap? :unsure:

Archived