TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake Production Status?

OK team, its now 2008 and we continue to talk about lots of cool Super Snake stuff, but the real question is: What is the production status? or more importantly for each of us: Approximately when will my car be done? Some of you have already sent your cars to SAI and others are talking of their CSM numbers and dates. Does anyone have any solid info on what's REALLY happening??

Amy, any chance you could enlighten us with real info??

I always go back to that SAI blog in August which said we would get regular updates. What exactly is the definition of regular updates???

I remain excited and hopeful............

Thanx for info.

I also received this reply to info request from Doug at SAI on Tuesday:

The first ten cars have been scheduled and we have begun to build the SS. I can not give you an accurate time frame until we have a month or so of building them. Then I will be able to tell how fast production is going. Production should increase around April; that's when we will be doing the KR the SS and the 40th's Thank you for your patience Doug

• 3 weeks later...
OK team, its now 2008 and we continue to talk about lots of cool Super Snake stuff, but the real question is: What is the production status? or more importantly for each of us: Approximately when will my car be done? Some of you have already sent your cars to SAI and others are talking of their CSM numbers and dates. Does anyone have any solid info on what's REALLY happening??

I always go back to that SAI blog in August which said we would get regular updates. What exactly is the definition of regular updates???

AGREE!!! WHY IS THE UPDATE QUESTION NEVER ANSWERED BY SAI? ALWAYS JUST SEEMS SOMEONE OF US SAYS WE TALKED TO SO AND SO AND THEY TOLD US SUCH AND SUCH. WASN'T THAT ONE OF THE WARNING SIGNS OF THE UNIQUE SITUATION. PEOPLE WITH MONEY ON DEPOSIT HAVING TO CHASE SOMEONE FOR AN UPDATE ISN'T RIGHT AND IT'S NOT WHAT WAS PROMISED. :dreamy:

You might get a faster response if you posted this under Q&A for Amy

My car is there and is assigned to a lift who is the best contact at SAI for me to call to discuss the technical aspects of the conversion

Thanks

My car is there and is assigned to a lift who is the best contact at SAI for me to call to discuss the technical aspects of the conversion

Thanks

Bud "Budman" Mahoney.

well, here's the official answer.

we've started production on the 605s. the verts we have here are first. the reason for this is because we haven't received the window scoops for the coupes. we're still waiting on axles for the 725s. the other mod shops will be up and running in about a week.

if you want specific information on your particular car please call. ask for cynthia, doug, adrianne or bud. bud is usually the hardest to get ahold of, though.

hope this helps a little.

perry

we've started production on the 650. the verts we have here are first. the reason for this is because we haven't received the window scoops for the coupes. we're still waiting on axles for the 725s. the other mod shops will be up and running in about a week.

if you want specific information on your particular car please call. ask for cynthia, doug, adrianne or bud. bud is usually the hardest to get ahold of, though.

perry

Perry,

My wife called, thank you very much for taking the time to meet her. She loves the 40th, and she is cleaning out the gift shop now! :banghead:

we've started production on the 650. the verts we have here are first. the reason for this is because we haven't received the window scoops for the coupes. we're still waiting on axles for the 725s. the other mod shops will be up and running in about a week.

perry

650? or do you mean 605hp version?

perry

Every little bit helps, a little, and is better then nothing.

When they start rolling them ot the door can you let us know, and let us know how long it is taking per car?

That would be nice, and if the conversion time improves along the way great.

Over communicating never hurt anyone, under communicating always hurts everyone.

Thanks for the update!

Waiting to be called for my 650 Edit 605hp package.

we've started production on the 605s. the verts we have here are first. the reason for this is because we haven't received the window scoops for the coupes. we're still waiting on axles for the 725s.

perry

Perry, are you waiting on axles or drive shafts?

we've started production on the 605s. the verts we have here are first. the reason for this is because we haven't received the window scoops for the coupes. we're still waiting on axles for the 725s. the other mod shops will be up and running in about a week.

perry

"Axles" ? Or drive shafts?

Archived