TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Introductions

I thought it would be a good idea to introduce ourselves and come out of the shadows of our user names.

I am Robin DeLage. My greatest accomplishment to date is being member number 4 on this site.

I live in central Minnesota. I am active in the Knights of Columbus and currently serve as a District Deputy. I am a member of the Minnesota chapter of the Shelby Dodge Auto Club. I am also a moderator on the ShelbyForums. I have been following Shelby cars since I was about 12. At that time I unknowingly sold a set of Shelby Crager wheels to a collector in Iowa. When he sent me a letter offering me a finders fee for any more '65 - '66 Shelby cars or parts, I decided I needed to know more about these items I had.

My first Shelby car was a 1987 GLH-S. It was a bit unique in that it had been repainted Garnet red. My next Shelby car was a 1989 CSX. I upgraded that car to the wide tire option and a Recaro driver seat. I sold both to make way for a new Shelby. I have regretted that decision nearly every day since because of the crazy ADM game that started to be played out. I do like the new Terlingua and CS6 and may go that route. Right now I need to finish my Maserati project then I can sell it for a big loss, just like all past projects.

So that's a bit about me, how about you?

robin

Excellent topic.

My name is Michael Kane and am the owner and operator Gone In 60 Auto Parts which is a fairly new business. Im already a Scott Drake dealer and hope to be able to expand to the 08 KR & SS parts with Shelby & Scott Drake. Ive always have love affair with the Shelby's and Mustang's. This started when I was A young boy in the early 80s with with my father owning several mustangs, falcons, and fairlanes. I have followed other cars but theres nothing like the look and feel of a shelby. Ive worked for others in the past and have finally made the leap and follow my passion of the pony and snake legacy with my new shop and hope to be a shelby owner in the near future.

I recently had the chance to run a 2007 Shelby GT at the West Palm Beach Barrett Jackson show and was left drooling and the event staff prying me out of the car ( LOL ). I have started devoting time to this forum to add to my current knowledge of the legendary Shelby cars, so I will be lurking around here and there on the forum ( hopfully I dont ask any stupid questions ). Im not here to build my business just here to learn and enjoy this great forum. I just wanted to say hello to all, Im shure you all know how blessed you are to own these fine car. Michael

I'm Robert. Living here in Central VA for the past 19 years after having been born and raised in NYC. Grew up in a Chevy household and owned a few 69 Camaros, most of which I wish I still had. Got into 50s cars in the 80s and then in 90 I bought my first Mopar, an 84 Rampage. I haven't owned anything but Mopars since. Never knew about the Shelby Dodges when they were new as I had mostly gotten away from cars as a hobby until I got divorced in 01 and started looking for another Rampage. So far I have owned 2 Shelby Dodges, an 87 Shelby Charger and an 86 that has been sacrificed to make my Rampage into a Shelby Clone (and a car with floors :-) ). Once that's done I'll probably look for a Shelby Daytona as I always liked them but never owned one or maybe a CSX since I like Shadows and would like a numbered car, good small car for a 6'5 guy, and have owned 3 of them. The best being a 93 ES ragtop, another car I regret selling.

Bruce Geigner from Waukesha WI haveliked Shelbys all my life I am retired Army working for a scuba gear mfg, in WI, my first Shelby was an 85 GLH non turbo I had so much fun with that acr , I miss it. MY next Shelby was my GLHS 87 whcih I still have LOW miles original, I finally saved enough to get my dream Shelby my 1967 GT 350 dark blue white stipes. followed by a 69 GT350 5 years later and now my 07 GT .As you can see I olve cars I currently have 16 in my collection, ie BMW M3 z3 miata, MGB Triumph GT6 you get the idea I am a car nut, Would be fun to meet at vintage races road America WI in JUL 08 and watch the Shelbys run on track. These forums are good find out repairs for cars ideas etc Take Care all Bruce

Sorry Robin I dont have any leads on Dodge / Shelby parts, althought there are a few guys out there selling them. I did run across a Shelby Dakota in my local junk yard that I wanted to grab but it was already in line for the crusher. I think a good source for those is Ebay. If I do run across something I will gladly let you know. Thanks and Good Luck Michael

Robert, you have a great Rampage project. I have been enjoying seeing pictures of its progress. Do you have a goal for a completion date?

Hi Bruce, a great line up of cars. You not only embrace Shelby/Ford and Shelby/Dodge but you also appreciate those tempermental British cars. My dad had several MG's and once owned a Triumph TR6. On their good days, they were always a lot of fun to drive.

robin

Hey Bruce S Im glad to see Im not the only Miata guy who loves Shelbys. I currently have an 93 and a 06. Michael

Yes I have a 1991 Miata BRG Special Ed. only mod is cold air intake otherwise stock they are fun cars and trouble free

Gone in sixty seconds yes I do like my Miata 1991 BRG spec edition lots of fun and pretty trouble free Bruce

Robin the British stff is fun but lots of work, better than the Lotus I used to own Lotus= lots to trouble usually serious Bruce

Archived