TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What would you pay?

efeyer

if they do anything like last year. the first cars are going to be in the 60s. low miles great condition. then 50s. miles under 10k and good condition. then the higher miles and rough car will drop to the low 30s and will level off until they are gone. but the first cars that go thru Concord will get into the 60s-70s plus fees. these cars wont be bought at wholesale.

the first numbers i was talking were wholesale numbers, figure adding 2k for profit on most of the cars.

but this is only an educated guess.

michael morris

• 3 weeks later...

My thoughts are

1) a new 2008 SGT vert can be bought for around $50k or maybe less ($43k for the least expensive one on ebay)

2) the GT-H vert lacks all of the handling package parts that are on the 2008 SGT vert

I would only be willing to pay $35k-$40k depending on condition/mileage for a used GT-H vert

I like the looks of the GT-H better than the SGT, but prefer to buy new than deal with all the flaws that come with buying a used rental car.

High 30's sounds good to me. The few that I have rented have been pretty much abused, some really trashed (door dings, stripes ripped and torn, lots of scratches) and higher mileaged at 11k +.

I am a little biased, but I like the GT-H coupes better (actually any 2005-2008 Mustang coupe) over the convertible body style as they loose their shape in convertible form.

Easy on the new guy. :finger:

I think MSRP on an SGT Vert is around $42K. If thats the case, if I was in the market, I would pay that if no reconditioning was needed. :superhero:

I have a coupe coming that MSRP is $42,145

I have vert coming that MSRP is $49.500

You can't get a 08 SGT Vert for MSRP in the $42K range.

A GT Premium Vert model with no options at all, MSRP is $46,530. Add cost of any options to that.

The verts out the box are cheaper than the 1st coups so maybe the prices will fall in the same fashion,so in a year or so they will be affordable + drivable, I have a coupe that I don't plan to drive alot (only select nice days, short trips) I would love to have vert with higher miles maybe not so perfect so I could continue to drive it like a rental, maybe just a dream.

The prices on the '06 H/T dropped like a STONE at the end of the year. Add in the falling economy, you've got a lot fewer buyers for "specialty" vehicles. I'd say they'll start and end LESS than the H/Ts. At least I HOPE - I want to buy the vert #332 to go with my '06 H/T #332!

I think some others in the know may chime in here, but I always understood that the very first coupes sold for upper $60s to $80s and then there was a large segment between $40 and $55 and then the rest (the ones most recently sold) for low $30s to $40s. I know when I was looking, in between those last two big sell-offs, most of the dealers I called wouldn't let the cars go "for a loss" and coincidentally wouldn't consider any offers under $48,000 to $55,000 (depending on which dealer). I waited a little while and found one for much less and in not much worse condition / mileage.

The very first convertibles already hit eBay some months ago and were selling in the $70s. If these first auctioned cars are any indication and if the economy plays no influence, the first round of dealer prices should still be high. Like everyone else commented, the last ones to come up for sale in late 2008 would probably be "affordable" or at least comparable to an SGT convertible. Always gonna be a premium for a convertible, though.

By the way, someone on the other forum said he knew a guy who just bought several of the "no sale" cars for a little less than the reserve.

There was a guy at the auction named Bob Hallman trying to buy all of them (the unsold ones), but I heard Hertz told him 50K or go pound sand.

His # was 828-638-0754

if anyone wants to check it out for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm starting to watch the prices and just as a consumer w/ average financial wherewithall my price on a 4 to 5k mileage gt h would be 50k and 55k for under 500 miles. If Ford had not decided to build the SGT the value in my eyes would be much higher but i guess thats obvious.

• 4 months later...

I payed 40 k for mine with 15k miles love it and I could have bought a new 500 for 48k but there is only 500 gt hertz , you know knotts berry farm in orange county ca has a large ford car show every year , It would be a great place to meet

Archived