TEAM SHELBY FORUM

two CSM's 4646 & 4648

07SGT4648

I have posted previously on this topic however many have not replied.

I bought my sgt on november 30th . Upon delivery i was combing over everything to find an obvious mistake.

My car has 2 different csm badges. The paperwork and the dash plaque are 07sgt4648

The under the hood badging is 07sgt4646 !!

My dealer has been in contact with SAI and the info they received is : they would have to take off the under hood badge and send it to SAI, Only then would they send me my 4648 badge.

QUESTION ? Should i just keep the 4646 badge and call it rare, or should i get the 4648 badge and just be one of 10,000 produced?

This decision requires careful thought due to if i send in 4646, there would never be a record of mistake.

DSC01610.jpg

DSC01605.jpg

DSC01606.jpg

any thoughts? appreciated

No i dont ! the dealer claimed they would not send anything.

If you cannot prove the error, correct it. 5, 10, 20 years from now, who knows where everyone else involved in this mess will be. Better for you to be correct, than bragging of an error that wasn't supported by those involved.

I just talked to John at SAI, He told me he would recommend keeping the badge as -is. It turns out my 4648 is down in Missouri. He is going to send me an oasis report on my car to substantiate my number. He also said both numbers will be tied to my car,and the other one to mine 4-ever. weird!! But they can get replacement badges if necessary.

He was going to check and see about a certified letter explaining the mix-up. He did recommend that if it were his car, he would leave it alone.

I just talked to John at SAI, He told me he would recommend keeping the badge as -is. It turns out my 4648 is down in Missouri. He is going to send me an oasis report on my car to substantiate my number. He also said both numbers will be tied to my car,and the other one to mine 4-ever. weird!! But they can get replacement badges if necessary.

He was going to check and see about a certified letter explaining the mix-up. He did recommend that if it were his car, he would leave it alone.

Well then, this is good. As long as you can get supporting documentation, leave it as is. In the absence of that, you're just telling a story, and any serious collector would walk away.

Best wishes.

It turn out there was a dealer tradeand 4646 is now at Bob allen Ford in

Overland park KS . I called the sales manager and he is going to check the csm #

Funny how these dealers have NO ATTN to DETAIL !!!

It turn out there was a dealer tradeand 4646 is now at Bob allen Ford in

Overland park KS . I called the sales manager and he is going to check the csm #

Funny how these dealers have NO ATTN to DETAIL !!!

Dealers? Personally, I expect them to be dumb about a lot of things. But, I have to ask you...Who the Hell made this mistake in the first place?

Dealers? Personally, I expect them to be dumb about a lot of things. But, I have to ask you...Who the Hell made this mistake in the first place?

almost 6000 cars and this is the first time we have heard about this mistake. sounds like they did a pretty good job. we got a new crown of the truck a few years ago that had all MARQUIS badges. the whole car had the wrong badges. had crown interior, grill and tail lights. but all the badging was wrong. when we sold the car the customer wanted all the badges replaced with crown badges. i would kinda like the for number to be screwed up. as long as it only happend once in 6k times, makes it pretty rare. in 30 years it will be a great story.

michael morris

I dont know why everyone thinks about these kinda things in terms of how it relates to value, but if it only happened to one (or two) cars out of 5763, then it is a pretty cool story. Hey, you have one of 2 SGT's with the badges mixed up. Makes for some fun at Car Shows.....provided they produce the letter that is.

UPDATE!!!!

The Sales manager called me back and guess what number is under the hood?? 4648 I talked to him and explained that i had the 4648 car and about the mix up. They were astounded and think that they can get more for the car now. I gave them my name and number in case a new owner wants to contact me. The dealership wanted no part of replacing the badgeswith the proper numbers.

It looks like i have a 1 of 2 Shelby GT 4648/4646

I asked them how much they were asking for it, he replied in the $38-$40's range. WOW, i guess i got a good deal on mine for $34,500 out the door tax, title , license included. I am going to have him send me some pics of the 4646 car, and the 4648 badge under the hood.

Just in case anyone is interested in owning the twin. It is located in

Overland park Kansas at Bob Allen Ford

(913)381-3000

I was looking on eBay yesterday and saw this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustan...sspagenameZWDVW

Look at the pictures. Assuming it isn't a mistake that got the pictures messed up, this one has two CSM badges that are WAY off

Engine: 08SGT0776

Dash: 07SGT4093

Not only are they not the same but they span a year!

• 5 years later...

if I were the OP. I would look into getting that other SGT. rare and amazing enuff to get one missed up. seek out, find, purchase and show both with mixed up plates and its a sure collector setup. I would expect anyway. then put em both in these :: http://carcapsule.com/Indoor-CarCapsule/ :)

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived